PDA

View Full Version : AR to Traditional -- my version

alkratzer
03-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Inspired by Eddie's excellent thread (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27825), here's a look at my conversion of an AR painting into a physical acrylic. (Painting size: 24" x 36" time: 4 hours)

First the ArtRage version, followed by the acrylic, followed by the WIP shots:

Sketchism71
03-13-2010, 11:56 AM
This is fantastic Al! I don't think I ever mentioned in my thread that is was your violin painting you posted a while ago that actually got me on the traditional kick! When I saw your version both in AR and in traditional... It got me thinking! So thank you!

This turned out excellent! I like how you built up the color with the acrylic to give a nice under painting of color! The resemblance is incredible. AR is quite the tool for planning a traditional medium painting! I also enjoyed Jules thread where she then took the traditional, imported it back into AR and took it further. The two environments are turning out to be more compatible than I first thought they would be. You never know, the end result may end up being a hybrid of digital and traditional - Tradigital! Beautiful painting!:eek::D:D

Lima
03-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Wonderful:eek::eek::eek: AL, this type of work represents a real breakthrough in the use of the program AR3. Simply wonderful, Al, your initiative is highly appreciated.:cool:

Alexandra
03-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Great job Al!!!!:):):):):):)

Tonyjazz
03-13-2010, 03:38 PM
From Artrage to acrylics, good to see another painter using this powerful tool in both mediums. They complement each other. Great palette on both!!

AT-TA
03-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Wonderful job, AL. ANd thank for wip's, always interesting how the pic came about...

I am the third one, to get back to real stuff... at least for a while... will see... am to lazy to cleanup the mess after....:)

jibes
03-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Wow, the real thing! Excellent!!! Do you find yourself going for the undo button and then... Oh yeah that's right.... I do when sketching. :)
I'm glad you posted this.

coops
03-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Al, thats great. I really like all your paintings and to see this one on a real canvas is wonderful. Well done and congratulations:)

Valerie
03-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Ai these are awesome
Val

alkratzer
03-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Thanks to all for viewing and commenting, but particularly to Ed for getting me going. I've added a new thread in the Tips and Tricks section (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28087) that takes things a bit further.

Ed: "Tradigital" is perfect. Love it.

TonyJazz: Thanks! Try as I might, I cannot escape from my pallet for good or bad.

AT-TA: I look forward to seeing some examples!

Jibes: There were a few brush strokes that I wished I could immediately discard, fortunately a wet paper towel comes in handy for those cases. I do find i can copy the digital up to a point and then I have to turn off the monitor and bring it together as a physical painting at the end.

Crimson Fury
03-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Wow, these are all really great! :)