PDA

View Full Version : Still Wandering After All These Years

byroncallas
03-05-2010, 06:31 PM
100% AR3: Gloop pen, custom gloop stickes, sticker spray gun with other custom stickers, ink pen, chalk, glitter,airbrush, tube paint, watercolor, pallet knife, eraser. No filters.
Hope you like wandering around too. :):)

jibes
03-05-2010, 07:02 PM
This is so cool. Abstract is hard to pull off but you are the master!

RobertSWade
03-05-2010, 07:57 PM
... or "Still Crazy After All These Years"? I'm sure that Paul Simon would agree that this could be taken as an appropriate visual statement as to how convoluted life can become even with the best laid plans.
Wonderfully laid out road map to the vagaries of what life holds in the face of the most carefully planned course.
But try telling that to the kids. :)

D Akey
03-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Byron, this is really making string theory work for you. Hahah.

This is far and away my favorite of yours, and I've liked your work all along. But this one really works graphically. The arrangement of the diverse textural business and diverse color, shape, and all the other things one can use, you placed it all to great advantage with the composition. It's as of this were painted by a child, but an aesthetically astute one. It rocks big time. Really successful.

Psychoanalysis (not sure if it's of me or you :D) is that this puts me in mind of what Carl Jung did (still, because I think I said this about earlier works of yours) -- where he cut off from the world at one point and played with children's toys. I assume it worked for him to do so because it went back to the point of his development where he derailed, the time of wounding, where he could put himself back at the fork in the road as it were. I'm not sure that was what he ultimately said it did for him. But it's my take.

And so with that in mind, I'm looking at this as an adult playing a child, as well as the humanity regression to cave painting with a modern artistic flair. It's simple and complex at the same time -- different ends of the spectrum. And it's a great result. Fantastic. Different parts allude to different things. Again, great textures.

Wish I could be more coherent, but in the face of an abstract like this, the ideas keep rushing forward and it's hard to contain them all in a single statement. :):):):):)

Alexandra
03-06-2010, 12:20 AM
To me, this was a day at the shop. Women and men walking in and sitting at my chair. Me styling and smiling, us laughing and talking. Them happy when leaving and me tired when sweeping. A long day but happy.
My perception of your fine abstract "Still Wondering After All These Years" strikes a personal wonder that is finally gone-the back and hands made the decision, and my heart directed me to my art and eventually children.
Love this Byron!:):):):):):):)

Valerie
03-06-2010, 04:13 AM
Bryron what a great painting.
Val

AT-TA
03-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Must be the spring in the air, that makes us to look inside our souls, or the soul is more open to this air, filled with fragility and acceptance and ready to accept our apologies what we owe to her as only the invisible part of our bodies. ? Whatever it is, good to talk to her this way, Byron,with brushes and colors and our mind. Love this little piece, also, this is the statement of life s reality and for so long put aside dreams.

coops
03-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Wow Byron what a explosion of colours. As with all your paintings its terrific.:)

justjean
03-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Great colours, textures and strokes :D

Sketchism71
03-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Byron, besides opening up a thread of yours and seeing fantastic artwork, I look forward to the varied ways in which it affects the people who view it. From triggering a memory, or reminding them of an event, or evoking an emotion, the comments in your threads yield a high level of interest and are always a joy to read. Another absolute fantastic mind-blowing painting Byron! Make sure this one is near the entryway in your gallery!!!:D:D:D

Juz
03-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Gloop pen, custom gloop stickes, sticker spray gun with other custom stickers, ink pen, chalk, glitter,airbrush, tube paint, watercolor, pallet knife, eraser. :):)

Alias 'The whole Shebang' ... giving the AR toolbox as well as my art senibilities a healthy workout... fabulous work. I love the 3d curled string type effects they are giving it wonderful depth, almost a collage type feel :):)

byroncallas
03-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Thank you each and all. Everyone has been very kind towards this one - I'm most appreciative. :):):):)

Juz: thanks. A lot of that is the gloop pen married to the sticker maker and the sticker spray gun. That combo remains a cool tool don't ya think? :):cool:

Eddie:thanks - you really help make the threads interesting - it's great the way you dig in and really LOOK. Thanks for the particularly engaged feedback on this one. :):D:)

JustJean, Katie, Valarie, Jibes: thanks so much - lots of good smiles there.

Robert: I suspect you are right. Thanks my friend.

Sandy: That's downright poetic - a particular warm thanks for languaging such an artisitic interpretation. :)

AT: Likewise a soulful introspection - enlivening and invigorating as spring approaches, thanks a bunch. :)

DA: you have always been so warm and receptive to my paintings, with many a fine posts filled with marvelous words, wit and magical insight. So this post particularly - your very enthusiastic engagement with the painting and what seems a pretty darn good insight it seems into a bit of my personality, perspective and demeanor - is very rewarding to read. I owe you quite a lot of thanks for your many encouraging words over the past year or more. So here, I'll pump it up a bit with a double shot "thank you". Take two at least. :):):):)

Again, thank you all.

screenpainter
03-06-2010, 03:51 PM
A beauty of an abstract wall Byron. Many things to look at. It is like a mural painting so vibrant with color.

Evart
03-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Reminds me of lots and lots of rubberbands, paperclips, and colored magic markers :D Well done byron :)

byroncallas
03-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks so much Eve. I don't know how I missed your feedback. Much appreciated. :):):)

Caesar
03-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Dear Byron, only Mirņ was able to make such joyful, colorful, fresh regression in perception and look of the surrounding world and of the wondrous expectations and passionate feelings of a little kid.
Nonetheless this painting shows a balance, harmony, elegance which do not talk of experiments or attempts, but of a mature and elegant, classy taste. It's absolutely enjoyful to anyone since it collects, in its textures, composition, colors, graphic a wealthy amount of basic elements of visual perception syntactically gracefully ordered.
In synthesis, marvellous and rich source of pleasure anyone would keep looking at at.

Sketchism71
03-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Dear Byron, only Mirņ was able to make such joyful, colorful, fresh regression in perception and look of the surrounding world and of the wondrous expectations and passionate feelings of a little kid.
Nonetheless this painting shows a balance, harmony, elegance which do not talk of experiments or attempts, but of a mature and elegant, classy taste. It's absolutely enjoyful to anyone since it collects, in its textures, composition, colors, graphic a wealthy amount of basic elements of visual perception syntactically gracefully ordered.
In synthesis, marvellous and rich source of pleasure anyone would keep looking at at.

That may be one of the finest comments I've read on here Caesar! I 100% agree with it as well!:eek::)

byroncallas
03-03-2011, 05:30 AM
Caesar, I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you sufficiently for such warm and caring feedback. So I will keep it simple and just say I appreciate your thoughts immensely and thank you for you eloquence and thoughtfulness and ever-present camaraderie.

Eddie, likewise, your continued support again expressed here so eloquently is uplifting. I'll add another thank you to the dozens already expressed for your continuous appreciation, support and uplifting friendship.

You two are princes. :):):)

pat1940
03-03-2011, 06:28 AM
WOW Byron, you sure were busy with this one, very colorful and artistic, see something different with each glance, great use of all those tools;);):)

byroncallas
03-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Pat - thanks a bunch for the "wow". :):):)