PDA

View Full Version : Pop art version of a friend of mine

Caesar
03-05-2010, 02:42 AM
I used a picture of the friend I already sketched before.
I gave him thick hair manually (as in the sketch study, he's got a hugher front and thinner hair actually); I then used the hard-mix filter with some appropriate paint strokes.
I made a collage of four versions to get a poster.
He liked it very much ....

Alexandra
03-05-2010, 03:33 AM
Oh what a gorgeous smile and eyes! I bet he will love this Cesare. Wonderful and creative job!:):):):):):):)

Alexandra
03-05-2010, 03:34 AM
Oh dear, I just read that he did love it! :o

AT-TA
03-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Sometimes it is very good to play like a kid... ... nice results, Ceaser. :)

jonwood
03-05-2010, 09:43 AM
very nice Caesar and nice idea too..:)

Dany51
03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
I like it too Caesar and have his originality .
Did you printed on paper or on canvas ?:)

D Akey
03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Very cool! Is there some significance to choosing a repetition of the face ala Warhol? I mean it looks great. Is it merely a way to try some different things out and have them next to each other for a comparison? And those four then become an additional image?

I think it's very successful. And it has an air of artistic combined with immersion in the Pop culture. :):):)

coops
03-05-2010, 10:10 AM
That terrifice Cesare, no wonder he liked it. Its great:)

Valerie
03-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Wow very cool Caesar.
Val

Mike Severoff
03-05-2010, 08:46 PM
This is wonderful, Caesar. Congratulations!
Thanks

Caesar
03-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Dear Sandra, he was enthusiastic about this. Thank You!

Well said, dear AT-TA, and You are the greatest evidence of such a truth with Your gloop dove! A curious and joyful kid approach is such a fertile one for art and much more. Thank You!

Actually I borrowed the idea from Andy Wahrol, dear Jon, but I think that all great artists of the past won't get offended by my incursions. After all, problems with intellectual properties for trivial commercial and money-making reasons become the nonsenses they probably are here too in many cases, once You're in the afterlife.:D

Thank You Dany! He's going to have it printed soon, but I still don't know whether he'll eventually select canvas or photopaper for this poster.

Dear D Akey, I don't know Wahrol's exact reason for his repetitions, but my view is that it may be a way to affirm that a person unique essence does exist, but that he also interacts with and adapts to the world and the various situations. One still pose only is probably the most inadequate way to capture what we see in a person (at least unless You are a Titien or after the cubism entered art):p. Thank You very much!

Dear Katie, it's a quite simple and effective way to provide this kind of portrait, but You still have to keep some of Your sensitivity providing Your unique manually painted elements in an appealing overall effect, I think. Thank You!

Dear Valerie, I think that working by mixing AR blending modes and Your manual intervention, opens a universe of possibilities I already experimented on my past abstracts. Have a try, if You wish. Lot of fun and surprises. Thank You!

I know it's hard to attract Your attention, dear McKlay, as you once said, so I'm really proud I did. Thank You mate!

barnburner
03-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Neat idea, and really well done.

Caesar
03-06-2010, 04:42 AM
Thank You too, dear B-B!

byroncallas
03-06-2010, 05:11 AM
Caesar, terrific idea ala Andy W. and wonderfully executed. An arresting piece.

Following up the Warhol question, it's instructive to Google on "Andy Warhol repetition" and see the many hits and points of view about his reasons, which, of course could be and most likely would be different than yours in borrowing a motif well recognized almost two generations later and which was very controversial by intention in his time. Some of these are fun reads demonstrating how different things are caused to be emerged at different times, how they are interpreted in their time, and how they come to be interpreted and utilized in later eras. Your panting makes a nice reflection of diverged motivation in a different period in time. It's fun to look at your painting in that evolutionary context, especially knowing your penchant for exploring so many different ideas and styles.

I really like the result you've achieved here. :):):):)

Evart
03-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Awesome retro sketch :)

Caesar
03-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Thank You, dear Byron. I read as You suggested Wahrol's possible reasons, but I would still tend to think that there were also more universal and historically independent reasons for a true artpiece than consider productivity for consumeristic reason, either for a widespreading or polemic reason.
Artists of every age were mostly careful of business too, but great ones had also stronger stimuli I think!

Thank You, dear Evart.

On Monday I'll be eager to review all the new threads I could just overfly right now ...

Lima
03-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Caesar really very nice and cool. Congratulations.:)