PDA

View Full Version : Hold That Thought

byroncallas
03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Hi all. 100% AR3, no filters.
Ink Pen, Airbrush, Chalk, Gloop Pen, Eraser, Palette Knife.
Hope you find it worth exploring.
Better blown up and viewed full screen.

D Akey
03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Wonderful Byron. My interests lean toward visual variety and relationships. And you have a LOT going on here that sends me into orbit. It's probably that it appeals to my illustrative compositional sensibilities. Very very cool.

Not going off into my usual inkblot digressions, other than this is not about symmetry. Thus it serves me up a tone of landscape and distances. I feel more like I could fly into that and still feel a certain directional orientation.

Cool deviation from previous work. To me it looks like this is a graphic representation of where you went with your painting, abrupt corner turning but still showing traces of the earlier paradigm you've been exploring over the past months.

The resultant tracks say Grand Canyon like marvel, to me with the potential for the same kind of wonder for those who travel thither (as opposed to hither). I would hope you see it in the light of a very interesting exploration. May even find El Dorado. . . which says gold. . . and the more I look at this, the more I'm seeing a little bit of a modern abstract Klimt. Go figure. It's a bit in the palette, a bit in the vertical shards of color slightly mosaic. . .and sweeping large stylistic curves. yours is of course splashier, but it's not altogether different.

:):):):):)

Weeks
03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Byron, symbolism, symbolism, tell us the future or do you know something we don't :)

Best,

Weeks

Alexandra
03-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Totally awesome!:):):):):):)

foxytocin
03-02-2010, 01:51 AM
Google Earth, the Terminator, the Matrix, hallucinations, cough syrup (must be because of all the pink).....all of these words popped into my mind when I opened this, Byron. It certainly seems like a voyage to me....

Caesar
03-02-2010, 03:08 AM
You succeeded pinning Your visual thought, dear Byron. Your abstracts never look flat indeed!

Valerie
03-02-2010, 03:51 AM
Byron this is fabulous
Val

Evart
03-02-2010, 04:13 AM
That gloop tool really makes the paintings look great. Nice work!

jonwood
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
very nice...I really like the colours.

AT-TA
03-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Byron, it reminds me of a big city, the chaos, colors and traffic rush.

L Skylar Brown
03-02-2010, 10:10 AM
I see a kite flying high above a metropolis that is in Carnaval!

Lima
03-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Wonderful abstraction Byron. Great fantastic beautiful colors.:eek:

jibes
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Another beautiful abstract It's a bit too busy for me but it's still nice. I imagine this on a wall and it looks good.

byroncallas
03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks all.
AT-TA, DA, Jibes, Oriane, Skyler, Jonwood, Evart, Valerie, Caesar, Leah, Sandy, Weekes:

DA, non-symmetry and an abrupt turn - you might be on to something ;)
Skyler, AT, Leah - Love those interpretations.
All, thanks for the diverse feedback and observations.
All very much appreciated.

Forgive I've been slow to comment on so many paintings recently. I've been so busy, I shudder to think of all the posts I've missed. Thanks for showing up in my treads - I hope I can get more time in yours soon.

Best,
Byron

Sketchism71
03-02-2010, 06:58 PM
I found the needle in the hey-stack! Excellent design Byron! It gives a feel of a little "then and now" subject. The small lines throughout the under-painting remind me of bar-code. It almost seems like an abstract depiction in the advancement of technologies. Very cool!:D

Belvrog
03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Cool abstract. Lots of movement,action and symbolism in this one. I find the title is striking for the painting, or should I say the painting is a great visualization of the theme. Darn! Now I lost my thought. :eek::eek::D Love it Byron.

byroncallas
03-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Eddie, Belvrog, Thank you.

Belvrog, thanks for a good chuckle too.

Eddie - I'm fond of your interpretation here. I wonder if the bar code would ring anything up at the cash register? :D:D

Docsmith626
03-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I saw this when it first went up, thought "nice", and kept going. After seeing all the comments, I had a closer look. This has more levels than a politician's apology. It could take hours to noodle out all the things you slipped in there. Bravo! :D:D:D:D:D

byroncallas
03-05-2010, 06:44 AM
I saw this when it first went up, thought "nice", and kept going. After seeing all the comments, I had a closer look. This has more levels than a politician's apology. It could take hours to noodle out all the things you slipped in there. Bravo! :D:D:D:D:D

Doc, thanks so much, and your "levels" quote is the LOL of the day. :D:D:D:)