PDA

View Full Version : Through the Eyes of a Boy

Alexandra
03-01-2010, 02:35 AM
D-Akey inspired me with his beautiful description in my last thread "A New Day."
This one is for you D-Akey. I enjoyed painting it and I hope you enjoy it as well.:)

I used airbrush, watercolor, pen, stickers, and stamps. All AR3:)

jonwood
03-01-2010, 03:10 AM
nice and colourful Alexandra:)

Valerie
03-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Alexandra this is wonderful and I love all the colors.:):):):):):):):):)

ScottF
03-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Wonderful idea and conception! Itīs interesting to see how you put all those media together.

Alexandra
03-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Jon, Valerie, and Scott:
Thanks so much. I kept making objects on layers until I did not have enough room! :eek::)

Belvrog
03-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Whats a nice, colorful and friendly world you've painted. So much to explore here. Well done Alexandra.

coops
03-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Thats so lovely and so thoughtful Sandy. Love the bright colours:)

Alexandra
03-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Belvrog, and Katie, Many thanks for your kind comments.:):):):):)

Evart
03-01-2010, 10:33 AM
OOOooooo! :eek: AWESOME! Wow, Sandra, I really like this :)

D Akey
03-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Alexandra, your painting, just wonderful and heartwarming, a wonderfully populated setting that taps into that consciousness of wonder and fascination. It's something to be cherished as we relate it to ourselves, and to our children. It also holds something grand in it that extends well beyond a specific moment alone, it can be related to the big picture. :):):)

What a wonderful time to be gifted with sight.

I can only remember my long ago childhood in fragments. My long term memories are generally joyous, even if I fell and skinned a knee. As an adult, the images are adult, with worries and judgments. I mean there's plenty of good stuff too, but it needs to be triggered.

It's very interesting how it flipped. No idea when it happened exactly, but it did at some point.

Thus, what I interpret (for me) from that which you painted, and also seen through the eyes of the boy who is sharing my head space, is that this is paradise. And the adult in me says this is actually The Garden of Eden. And Adam is coming out of the clay into the place of innocence, of childhood. He gets to observe and name everything and discover that it exists and what might be done with it and what games will be played with each one.

This painting is before Eve came on the scene in a more adult consciousness. It is the ultimate story of innocence after all, and by the end, the change to fertility and the ensuing responsibility, and toil and paychecks and bills. . .

If this boy represents me, and in my mind he is, he has no clue what's in store. . . but just LOOK at all those creatures. . . WOW!

A moment of sheer bliss and harmony with all things. It's a gift in every sense of the word, and I'm moved, both as the kid and as the dad.

Beautifully painted by a very dear lady.

I stumbled onto this accidentally, and thought you might like it. Sorta had your name on it. :):):):):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYg0tZ3X2ns

jibes
03-01-2010, 12:23 PM
What a great job! Great composition!

L Skylar Brown
03-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Sandy - OK, you have really done it this time! This is My Personal Favorite of yours!!! Outstanding! This is an Amazing Illustration!!!

Lima
03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Wonderful Alexandra. Very very nice. Beautiful colors and surprising.

Alexandra
03-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Dear Evelyn, Thank you so much!:)

Dear D-Akey, I am so happy that you liked it. I know with everything that has happened to my clan-there have been moments in time where it seemed to stop and I was actually able to relate to my children when we out together. It was indeed a benefit to my health and my spirit to just let go of silly concerns.
I will check your link and thank you for the thought. I don't have high speed internet, but sometimes I can get some of these things. Again, it is very much appreciated Dear Friend.:)

Alexandra
03-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Jibes, Thank you so much! I am also so happy to view your paintings, as I was unable to attend AR until last summer and missed yours. They really appeal to me as I love the texture, color, and style of painting that you use.:)

Skylar, I am thrilled by such an artist as yourself leaving me such a comment, you've made my day!:)

Oriane, Thank you so much for your kindness!:)

alkratzer
03-01-2010, 01:40 PM
This, to me, is one of those great first pages of some classic children's book.

When the story opens, we are about to travel through a fable of a boy capturing a pretty caterpillar and taking it home in a jar. He puts it on his window, goes to school and when he returns it has become a chrysalis.

A little boy's world is full of new excitements and so he forgets all about it until one day he awakes to find a newly hatched butterfly. It is beating itself against the glass jar as it struggles to join the other butterflies it can see in the meadow, and he looks closely and he see's that she is crying for her freedom.

Moved by her beauty and spirit, he releases her. She flies higher and higher in a spiral until he loses sight of her in the sun.

Later that night he dreams of thousands of butterfies flitting down from the clouds like a rain of autumn leaves and he runs out into the grass to feel their powdery wings brush against his up turned face. And he learns the grown up lesson that beauty should be free.

L Skylar Brown
03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Sandy - Hope you dont mind, But...Al - I just read your post, and was Blown away. The story is terrific!

D Akey
03-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Sandy - Hope you dont mind, But...Al - I just read your post, and was Blown away. The story is terrific!

I'm with you mate.

Alkratzer, that was amazing. That's what I call feedback! :eek::):):):):)

Alexandra. . . inspiring? :):):):):)

byroncallas
03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Terrific painting Sandy with some terrific, well articulated feedback from the gang. Can't top Alratzer and DA so I'll just ditto their genius expounding on yours. Really beautiful and alive piece. :):)

screenpainter
03-01-2010, 08:19 PM
It's really a delightful piece Sandy. It reminds me of some of the warm climate muralists. Southwest and lower. Agree with Al it would definitely make a great illustration for a story.

Alexandra
03-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Oh Al, how beautiful!!!!!!!! Thank you! You know I started using DK readers for my son as we were rebuilding his speech center and one of the first books I read to him was "Born to be a Butterfly." He loved it.
You would make a wonderful writer. Your story creates a beautiful marriage between the science and phenomenon of this beautiful insect, and the emotions as this boy clearly develops a kind and wondering mind. Maybe we should talk?:D

Skylar, No, do not mind-always a pleasure. I thought it was wonderful too!:)

D Akey, Alexandra. . . inspiring? you ask-yes indee-dee.:eek::):):):):)

Byron, Thank you very much. Yes, I agree with you-great feedback.:):):):):)

Albert, Many thanks kind sir. I think this could be a good thing.:):):):):)

mannafig
03-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Ooh a fuzzy caterpillar A beautiful imaginative painting:):)

Alexandra
03-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Thank you Dear Amanda!:)

AT-TA
03-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh, i thought i already replied to this picture of yours, Alexandra and i didn't.
But i looked at it not once, and i must have been distracted by something of writing back.
I just want to say as everybody here:you strung a string of childhood... everybody loves his/hers, it was a world of miracles and wonders. See, what can one little bit ugly..yack... but beautiful caterpillar to cause... a waterfalll of emotions...and that\s good. Itoo love this little work... yes it should land up in a children's storybook.

Alexandra
03-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Thank you AT!
Yep, I was one of those kids. I loved watching nature.:)

FireFytingNut
03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
awwww Alexandra! What a sweet sweet painting! I love it!

yvan_c
03-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Absolutely beatiful Alexandra. Such innocence and curiosity portrayed by this one. I love it:)

Caesar
03-02-2010, 11:49 PM
The best way to observe and enjoy .... to keep a kid's approach to the marvels around us.
Nice and meaningful image.

Alexandra
03-02-2010, 11:59 PM
FFN, Thank you, I am so happy that you do-I appreciate that.:)

Yvan, Many thanks for your generous comment!:)

Cesare, Beautifully commented and so correct Dear Friend. Thank you.:)