PDA

View Full Version : Chile today / Chile hoy

damasocl
02-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Aunque en Santiago de Chile los daños han sido menores, muchas ciudades de nuestro sur estàn colapsadas y necesitan mucha ayuda de todos nosotros.

While in Santiago, Chile the damage was minor, many of our southern cities are collapsing and need lots of help from all of us.

D Akey
02-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Scott started a question about how you are after the quake. Here is a link to that.

Preguntas de como estan usted y Chile:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27780

Como esta su ninas y todo la familia?

Eileen724
02-28-2010, 07:08 PM
I am so glad that you are okay, damasocl! We've been watching the bigger news programs here in the states and are hoping and praying for all the people of Chile especially those so close to the epicenter! My heart and prayers go out to the Chilean people.....

Valerie
03-01-2010, 12:52 AM
I am so glad to hear that you are Ok damasocl. You are in my Thoughts and Prayers as is all the Chilean people.

foxytocin
03-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Very good of you to check in......you and your country will be in the hearts and on the minds of many people here at the forums....

Alexandra
03-01-2010, 03:41 AM
So thankful you are okay Damas. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dany51
03-01-2010, 04:46 AM
I am glad you are well Damaso,
I can understand how painful can be this moments for you
to see your people suffering,
what happens, all around only disasters !

damasocl
03-01-2010, 04:47 AM
Mis queridos amigos:
Yo agradezco mucho sus palabras, pensamientos y oraciones acerca de esta calamidad...
D Akey: mis hijas que viven en Buenos Aires están muy bien, y ya en contacto a través de Internet. Internet, se reconectó ayer sábado a las 18:00 hrs.

My dear friends:
I am very grateful for your words, thoughts and prayers about this calamity ...
D Akey: my daughters who live in Buenos Aires are fine, and already in contact over the Internet. Internet, were reconnected on Saturday at 18:00 hrs.

ScottF
03-01-2010, 05:01 AM
¡Qué bueno que estés bien, amigo!

Lima
03-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Damaso, nossa solidariedade. Muito bom que estejas bem, assim como tua familia.

Belvrog
03-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Hey Damaso. So good to hear you are ok. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care !!!

coops
03-01-2010, 06:33 AM
So good to hear you are safe Damasocl, thoughts are with you:)

Evart
03-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I will be praying for you.

screenpainter
03-01-2010, 08:48 PM
It is terrible... the loss of lives and buildings... devastating. It seems they were at least somewhat prepared with better building codes than in Haiti.
Glad to hear that you are well and safe.

Caesar
03-02-2010, 03:24 AM
Lo siento mucho! Pobrecitos ...
I'm at least glad that You adn Your family are OK.
I'm sure worldwide solidarity circuits will soon try to take relief to such a terrible tragedy.

Marumaar
03-02-2010, 05:25 AM
i can't do much besides translating and collaborating with some words.
Here at Buenos Aires, we are perfectly OK. My younger sister, was very nervous all Saturday. I am 8 month pregnant :), and i stayed calmed all the time. I learnt that from my grandma and from my father.

Although damages has been hugh, it is true that the country is absolutely well organized and prepared for such things. In fact, at least two of the new buildings with serious damage, were constructed by unescrupolous people... but there are not victims to sorry, luckily...
All over the most damaged regions, help is going soon.
I trust my dear president Michelle, i simply admire her, she is leaving goverment in 10 days, but she was present and active every minute....
I can't help it... thinking about differences between countries and people. Here at Buenos Aires, just a strong rain left neighbors without energy for days, and all you listen is politicians struggling and blaming each other....

so, i think the consecuences of the disaster are indeed minimized, for the big tragedy. At the moment of the eartquake, there were 600 people at the airport, and no victims to be sorry about!, That's due only to well organized evacuations plans and well designed constructions.

Regarding to my father, as he has said, we finally could communicate with him at 17.30 hs of Saturday. At the same time, he was at my grandma's and she is OK. she is 88 year old!!! and in a wheel chair since last december.
So, we are ok. Through internet and fb, i've been communicating with some friends, in fact, it was through fb that i've found friends who insisted and insisted calling relatives.

We thank all, from our hearts, for your prayers and help and concern.
We expect airport will soon be operating quite normally, in fact, yesterday night it was recovered and accepting incoming flights, immigration paperwork was done on other airports, but at least chileans can reach their country.

thank you again for your support :)

coops
03-02-2010, 08:08 AM
What a wonderful and informative post Marumaar, so pleased that everything it ok with you. I sincerley hope everything goes well for you and the baby and all those that you hold dear. My thoughts are with you:)

Marumaar
03-03-2010, 01:39 PM
I share this information, may be useful:
People finders:
■ Iniciativa de google: http://chilepersonfinder.appspot.com/
■ Iniciativa independiente: http://www.tconnections.net/chile/index.php

Donations:
■ Desde el extranjero: Cruz Roja Internacional – Cuenta Citibank Nº
9941973331 – Código ABA:021000089 – Dirección: 153 east 53 Rd. Street
4th floor. New York, Ny 10022 // Unicef y Direct Relief International
– En línea, aquí: http://www.google.com/intl/es/relief/chileearthquake/
■ En Chile: Banco Estado Cuenta corriente Nº 362883 Cruz Roja Chilena