PDA

View Full Version : Structured Design

foxytocin
02-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Photomanipulations: dreadful to some, wonderful to others. I'm especially pleased with this one and thought it was worth sharing...based on a photo I took a few days ago.....it's really no better than the original photo but it's definitely a different creature.

P.S.
Unlike many "paintings" here, I think works like this look better when viewed in small proportions. The larger view is interesting because you can study the textures, but I think the smaller view conveys more of the emotion.

Alexandra
02-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Foxy, I love your photographs. They are so beautiful and magical to view.:)

alkratzer
02-28-2010, 10:54 AM
It has a metallic patina to it that's really nice, and inside the central flower it looks like the spark of life starting to glow...

Valerie
02-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Fabulous work.

justjean
02-28-2010, 03:09 PM
I seldom do manips but sure can appreciate well done ones and I must say this is a wonderful one :D

jibes
02-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Think about it framed and on a wall in a pretty large format and you will know it works quite well. Certainly better than the photo as good as it is.
Good job!

foxytocin
03-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Sandy, Al, Jean, Valerie and Jibes, thank you for taking the time to comment!
Al, the metallic patina comes from a texture stencil shared over the the supplies thread...I think it's a grunge texture shared by Peter W? I've used it several times over photos and enjoy the energy it imparts.
Your comment about the spark of life intrigues me....I can't help but think something important happens when all those lines converge....

ScottF
03-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Whether it´s a photo manipulation or not, what you´ve created is a very artistic interpretation of the original. Like it! Definitely not "dreadful."

coops
03-01-2010, 05:36 AM
Totally beautiful Foxy, love it:)

Belvrog
03-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Wonderful creation Leah. Love it. I'd definitely like to hang it on my walls. Wonderful colors. The photo is great tooc with its narrow depth of field. Did you take the photo?

I think you made it even more beautiful. :) Bravo!!!

Evart
03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Your manipulation seems to breathe life into it. Nice job!

Lima
03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Leah, just wonderful.:eek:

D Akey
03-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Isn't that intriguing. Looks like a sparkler in a way. . . a really slow slow moving sparkler. Luminous. :):):)

byroncallas
03-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I find it a winner Leah, and a considerable departure and highly more satisfying than the original photo. It's alive with electricity and mood and a fine design. You know I'm a fan of your photo manipulations. I like this one a LOT. :):):)

foxytocin
03-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Belvrog, yes, I did take the photo....got a newer, fancier camera a few weeks ago and am head-over-heels in love with it. In love!
And D Akey, I of course it looks like a sparkler! It's as if you stepped into my mind (cue Twilight Zone theme.) Anyway, that's why I used the metallic golds.
Scott, haven't seen you in a while! Thank you to you, Katie, Oriane, Evelynn and Byron for your good words.

I could easily hang either of these up, but I'm still not sure which one I'd rather look at every day.