PDA

View Full Version : Abstract 13a

fraser_paice
02-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Still searching for the optical illusion movement thing but it ain't here!

D Akey
02-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Perhaps not optical illusion, but maybe an optical allusion to optical illusion.

Cool stuff on the road. I like the idea of cutting out things from different texture paintings or whatnot and assembling them like a mosaic, or a Tiffany glass thing. You would be blown away by some stuff done in quilting as a high art form. It gets into this mindset and they're often abstract for design like a modern painting, or often representational like a landscape. The old notion is that quilting is produced like sewing circle patches that have no meaning other than it speaks of a down home cozy thing.

The art form's come a long way from that and it's something to see if you happen to stumble into it. All depends on the artist and what they're about. I tried it myself on the computer some years back and really had a blast. But life yanked me in a different direction.

Nice one, and intriguing direction F-P, where the mechanic sorta leads the way. :):):)

Lima
02-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Neil, great image. Great temperature.

See this image here (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=281328#post281328)

AT-TA
02-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Very nice effects, hot and amazing..:)

Alexandra
02-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes, it reminds me of the sun! Cool image Neil.:)

justjean
02-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Looks great and it kinda gives one a spinning feeling :D