PDA

View Full Version : Classical pose

Caesar
02-27-2010, 01:55 AM
Got tired of it at the moment. I'll see later on if some glazes would improve it ...

yvan_c
02-27-2010, 02:21 AM
Very nice dear Caesar. She's just beautiful as is. Oh, how I wish I could draw people. Does she have a sister...?;)

foxytocin
02-27-2010, 02:41 AM
The red rose in her hand adds a the potential for so many stories to be surmised by the viewer.....

mannafig
02-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Outstanding Cesare she truly is beautiful:):)

alkratzer
02-27-2010, 03:08 AM
She is a beauty Caesar, but I think even more beautiful is your glazing work on the walls and in the folds of her dress. Bravo!

Rick
02-27-2010, 03:19 AM
I think it is just perfect, Caesar..

Caesar
02-27-2010, 04:48 AM
She does, dear yvan_c, and she's married too (my sister in law mean) ...:D Thank You!

Dear Foxy, this time it's there just to add another red spot ...:D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Amanda. I'll resume it to possibly improve it nextly ...

You're absolutely right, dear Al. I'll work on if after leaving it for a while. Thank You!

Thank You very much for Your appreciated comment, dear Rick!

Valerie
02-27-2010, 05:00 AM
Dear Cesare what outstanding work. You are truly a Master.

Caesar
02-27-2010, 07:49 AM
I wish I were, dear Valerie ... Thanks a lot!

D Akey
02-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Outstanding. . .very old world beauty, is it not? I feel transported in time to a particularly delicious scenario.

:):):):):)

ScottF
02-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Very nice. Caesar! I think it works fine as it is.

Alexandra
02-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Beautiful painting Cesare! I bet she will love it.:)

Lima
02-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Caesar, beautiful painting. Color temperature, the intensity and values are fully balanced. Stunning.:eek:

jibes
02-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Caesar. Most beautiful! You do good work.

Caesar
02-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Thank You, dear D Akey, Scott, Sandra, Oriane and Jibes!
I'd like to follow different procedure, possibly the most similar ones to real painting, to see how far AR3 can go emulating the old classical painting, certainly the most technically and artistically complex to make should we build the scene with all the preparatory drawings and all the glazes they used ...

AT-TA
02-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Ceasar, this is going to be a gem... but do not hurry, we will wait... she is already very well painted, but i know what you mean... you want to go farther.. and create something very new and excellent, what you have never done before... i am very much looking for that moment and believe, it will be beyond any expectations.... just take your time...something like this needs all your patience you have...am looking for that moment when the new Bougereau will be born again...:)

justjean
02-28-2010, 04:29 PM
a lovely painting of a lovely lady with a beautiful gown :D

Eileen724
02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
What a beautiful and accomplished piece, Caesar! I love this technique of yours and I'm not all that knowledgeable of the glazing technique. I do remember Fashmir having a tutorial on this awhile back.

paul_uk7
03-01-2010, 01:11 AM
A inspirational and beautiful painting, if ever there was one.

coops
03-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Thats wonderful Cesare, excellent painting.:)

SCP
03-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi Caesar,what a wonderful painting,I'm sure if you want later you could revisit but it also stands as it is.Fine work.;):)

Evart
03-01-2010, 11:40 AM
She looks stunning :)

Caesar
03-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Thank You, dear AT-TA!
There are also many other painters among the neoclassical, romantic or pre-raphaelites which would be great masters to learn from for the genre You like.
Let me present You a painter of a couple of centuries ago from Milan, probably not too much known internationally.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=it&gbv=2&tbs=isch:1&q=hayez&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=20
Anyway I'm going to see a big Caravaggio exhibition in the Quirinale's Stables (the marvellous Palace where our Republic President seats) and I'm quite curious to make soon a test on his "Cesto di Frutta", the first still life painting which is still, in my view, the most wonderful painting of that genre (and somehow beyond that genre too).
I think that Caravaggio is the most endowed painter ever and that he practically invented the photography and the cinema centuries before the relevant technologies were invented (and I'm not referring also to his chiaroscuro compositions, but also to his initial, colourful masterpieces).

Thank you, dear Justjean! I understood from many comments, including my wife's, that the gown is a great attraction.

Dear Eileen, in the old times oil paintings had very smooth and glossy finishing and very subtle, delicate and brilliant colour tones. This was obtained also by up to dozens of almost transparent colour glazes (higlhy thinned paint on some areas). Here You can do the same by both dry thinned strokes on the same layer, but even on a new layer, also using watercolour and the relevant blending mode. Anyway I still hav to actually test it in a significant way. Thank You!

Thank You dear Paul! Apparently the only limit is what my imagination and mind can see and reproduce ...Maybe I'd better try a copy of some great masterpiece to check AR3 possible limits and to hopefully improve my capabilities sensibly.

Thank you, dear Katie! Sooner or later will have to apply taking all the time, planning and references required for building a classical artpiece simulation.

Thank You, dear SCP. I think I'll take a pause on this for the moment, so as to make other exercises to improve.

What a great comment, dear Evart! Thank You so much!

AT-TA
03-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Ceasare,
thank so much for the link. Gorgeous figures indeed, cannot decide which i would want to try to paint, all are so beautifully done. And maybe i will tease my patience also... i do not know yet.
Have wonderfull time visiting exhibiton. I know that it will very much feed you with ideas and ecxcitment for your own pictures...it always does. I wish i could visit beautiful Rome again... Florenze... oh i could even sleep there without food and water..done that a lot when beeing in Italy.
Thanks a lot again, Ceasar, for the link. :)

jonwood
03-02-2010, 10:20 AM
lovely painting Caesar.........

FireFytingNut
03-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Beautiful job Caesar!! You and Mannafig finished your paintings about the same time I see! You did a fantastic job on her! It's always interesting seeing the progress as you showed it. VERY nice!

Juz
03-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Love it as is Caesar.. really romantic feel :):)

Caesar
03-02-2010, 10:49 PM
You're welcome, dear AT-TA!

Thank You so much, dear Jon!

I'm glad You like and You may find it useful as a procedure, dear FireFlyingNut, although I often change approaches and processes ... Thank You!

Since You're an expert of palettes, dear Juz, Your comment make me feel even better in terms of colours harmonies in here. Thank You!