PDA

View Full Version : A New Day

Alexandra
02-26-2010, 03:10 AM
Hello everyone and a fine morning to you.
Just a quickie using the usuals, watercolor, airbrush, pen, stamps, knife, and I don't remember what else....oh yeah-and the glorious gloop!:D
Sun glasses might be needed.:o

mannafig
02-26-2010, 03:20 AM
Oh yes most definitely sunglasses for this summery treasure:D
you really brightened up a dull day:):)

Caesar
02-26-2010, 03:38 AM
Even if I may sound a quite folkloristic Italian character .... Mamma mia, che bello!!!

Ailaya
02-26-2010, 03:46 AM
Could use some bright color like this on this (once again) snowy day! Well done Sandy! :)

coops
02-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Sandra, how lovely to be greeted with such vibrant colours on such a foggy day here. It really lights the place up:)

FireFytingNut
02-26-2010, 04:58 AM
GREAT job Alexandra! Those ants look so darn real! Gives me a bit of the creepy crawlies. LOL Gorgeous flowers and colors :)

Alexandra
02-26-2010, 06:31 AM
You know, I am not a hot summery loving person, mostly a spring and fall person, but I am now longing for summer, and the summers here in Georgia are miserably hot and humid! I think I will bake myself this year! haha.

Amanda, Thank you Dear Friend. I am so happy that I did!:)
Cesare, Thank you Dear Friend. I am happy that you think so.:)
Jessica, Many thanks! I think we would love to have your snow, but only in the yard-haha.:)
Katie, That makes me happy. Thank you!:)
FFN, Thank you! You know those ants were from the stamps in the sticker area-nature. Have to say I love AR3. Now I just need to learn how to make my own stickers and stamps. I love drawing insects.:)

Bobbi
02-26-2010, 07:03 AM
This is really pretty clever. The center of the flower is amazing.

jibes
02-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Some really interesting effects and a very nice painting. The center of the big flower looks to me like a weaved basket as viewed from above.

Alexandra
02-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Bobbi, Thank you. I made the center using three different layers and effects.:)
Jibes, Thank you. After I made the three different layers with circles, I combined them and duplicated the image, turning and resizing smaller as I applied each layer to the top. You can make it opposite also by moving your layers before combining them.:)

AT-TA
02-26-2010, 08:41 AM
TO me the center looks like a basket also, i would be tempted to put couple of red apples in it just as a treat for those lovely aunts.Very nice play, Alexandra. :)

Alexandra
02-27-2010, 04:33 AM
Ha ha AT! Good idea. You are so creative! Many thanks.:):):):):):):):)

D Akey
02-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Your use of color is super! The hierarchy is really working well graphically.

It's generally very soft and tonal with the adjacent colors seeping into the surrounding areas which gives it that marvelous glow. Striking.

And I really love the composition. It's very fresh, something I can't recall seeing, which makes it all the more appealing, and it keeps with the idea of the title being about a new day.

Really perhaps your best. A knockout. :):):):):)

I love this song. Your painting put me in mind of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOrqDx5dOp4&feature=related

Alexandra
02-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Dear D-Akey,
How nice of you. I really appreciate this so much. I am so happy that you liked it. Many many thanks!:)

Lima
02-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Beautiful Alexandra, love it.

Alexandra
02-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Thank you so much Dear Oriane!:)

RobertSWade
02-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Utterly fascinating. :)

Alexandra
02-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Thank you Bob, truly.:)

Jasminek
02-27-2010, 03:34 PM
The centers of the flowers are simply incredibly detailed, love to see colors like this every morning.:)

justjean
02-27-2010, 04:31 PM
a lovely flower but that centre steals the show for me :D

FireFytingNut
02-27-2010, 08:50 PM
You know, I am not a hot summery loving person, mostly a spring and fall person, but I am now longing for summer, and the summers here in Georgia are miserably hot and humid! I think I will bake myself this year! haha.

FFN, Thank you! You know those ants were from the stamps in the sticker area-nature. Have to say I love AR3. Now I just need to learn how to make my own stickers and stamps. I love drawing insects.:)

EWWW yes it is miserably hot and humid there, Alexandra! I've heard you all even got snow! Which is super rare isn't it? I think nearly everyone got a taste of snow this winter. LOL Since I moved from Floriduh to Misery....errr Missouri, I noticed that the heat and humidity is just as intense here but at least we have 4 seasons! LOL I've been in Georgia a few times, all of which were during the sweltering heat. ::fans herself::

Oh yeah and I definitely need to find out how to do the stickers, stamps AND stencils soon! As soon as you figure it out, I'm sure you're going to give me the royal creepy crawlies if you like doing insects with future works you post! ::shudders:: LOL

Alexandra
02-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Jasmine, Thank you so much! So happy that you liked it. :)

Jean, Thank you! You know I went to the library yesterday to check out some books on a bit of my heritage of cherokee. It contained beautiful baskets, and the wheels started turning....I will have to try this with AR3!:D

Fire: Thank you! I love bees, and beetles, lizards and snakes. So I think as soon as I get the time I would love to study a little more on the how to's.
So you lived in Georgia too? My dad was in the AF-so I was born in CO, moved to Germany, Philippines, Florida, Alabama, and then settled in GA. Met my hubby and married and have stayed here. There I are times though I wish that I could run away when summer comes!:eek::D

D Akey
02-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Fire: Thank you! I love bees, and beetles, lizards and snakes. So I think as soon as I get the time I would love to study a little more on the how to's.
So you lived in Georgia too? My dad was in the AF-so I was born in CO, moved to Germany, Philippines, Florida, Alabama, and then settled in GA. Met my hubby and married and have stayed here. There I are times though I wish that I could run away when summer comes!:eek::D

Yeah, considering all those places, you had more than a passing acquaintance with bugs. When I lived in Texas I felt like I was on a different planet. Very different than anywhere else I lived. The cicadas were particularly interesting. Tarantulas were surreal, scorpions. . . And Ohio and their fireflies. . . I don't recall ever seeing one in Los Angeles.

I remember them being like magic when I was a wee lad. And I had a special fondness for praying mantises and grasshoppers too. I lived near a tomato hothouse and they were all around. When one is a short little kid, close to the ground and a penchant for exploring, and when one's family moved a lot as did mine, one becomes friendly with what's at hand.

I share your fascination with bugs. . .sorta. . . depends on the bug. :D

Lord knows they're some of the most interesting organic designs on the planet in the inland that we can see with the naked eye. And they are definitely part of the garden. And for doing flowers, it sorta adds a holistic tone to include them. It takes the painting away from being informational and gives it a personal voice, as in "This is how I see it."

fraser_paice
02-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Well that is a bright, pretty thing... nice.

Alexandra
02-28-2010, 11:00 AM
D-Akey, Thanks for sharing. Your thoughts leave me with a precious painting. A little boy viewing another world. When I was in the Philippines we used to love to pick up the lizards and put them on our shirts and watch them change colors. I also loved walking down the creeks here in Georgia and watching the tadpoles and the turtles. You know, I think it is magical when we are children.
Makes me long for the summer evenings and the fireflies again. It won't be long.:)
Neil, Thank you very much. I am afraid that I have become a bit of an addict when it comes to the image manipulation and effects. Being able to make your own patterns is also pretty neat. I have really enjoyed yours-very hypnotizing and beautiful.:)