PDA

View Full Version : paintrollerrageous

byroncallas
02-24-2010, 05:59 PM
paintrollerrageous
100% AR3 - Paint Roller Only - no filters.
Better viewed blown up full screen standing back from your monitor.
A fun exercise with the versatile paint roller, hope you enjoy.:)

jibes
02-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Excellent abstract! Very suggestive. Colors are nice too.

Rob in Denver
02-24-2010, 06:24 PM
It reminds me a bit of a crazy colorful city full of skyscrapers. Very fun to see,
and off it goes to my favorites collection. Really nice Byron!

D Akey
02-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Wow. The big city writ small.

A Boston Pops performance with the guest singer being maybe Tracy Chapman or Stevie Nicks or Bruce Springsteen something. It's a contrast of tones of voice.

Or as a non objective abstract design, it has a nice peppery tooth to the mechanical rollers. The dry brush done in roller is quite cool. I also appreciate that you are playing with intensity of color, making it a bit more sophisticated. Speaks to a few steps beyond pure uniformly saturated primary colors. Rather than dealing exclusively in the symbolic concept of colors in their essential form, it's individuating, a few steps away from the center of the big bang.

More of an "I am, therefore I think." as opposed to the other way round.

No comment on worth. Just observing and reflecting your process as well as can be done from this remote workstation. Great ride, by the way. :):):):):)

coops
02-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Wow what a wonderful cityscape Byron it really pops out of the screen. Great:)

Alexandra
02-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Wow Byron, this is a cool view! I really like this.:)

Jules
02-25-2010, 02:19 AM
paintrollerrageous
100% AR3 - Paint Roller Only - no filters.
Better viewed blown up full screen standing back from your monitor.
A fun exercise with the versatile paint roller, hope you enjoy.:)

Look nice on my wall that :D:cool:

Valerie
02-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Byron this is so cool, I love it.

Sketchism71
02-25-2010, 05:43 AM
I know better than to comment right away on your images. I have been going back and forth this morning looking at this and every time I do I see something new that I didn't notice the time before. It does sing as a cityscape at first glance but then I notice an almost repeating pattern of color throughout that gives it a great balance. The depth perception with big and small is taken to the next level by tilting and turning the axis of the verticals as they get smaller. Great effect and it's playing with my brain a bit. :eek::D. I like this and I will probably continue to notice more as the day goes on! (and as my coffee starts working)

Lima
02-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Byron, beautiful painting, Sketch is right, we do not get tired of looking!!! The color combination is almost magnetic. Congratulations.

D Akey
02-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, Central Park.

Or it could be an election campaign with all the colorful banners. The colors are not angry, so I'm guessing they're cheering.

AT-TA
02-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Byron, this is happening when the roller gets nice to you, obeys, and doesn't talk back... lovely idea, i like this simplicity of a lets say, kind thought and quiet happiness.... :)

Caesar
02-25-2010, 09:33 PM
It's another wonder of Your, dear Byron! Magnificently colourful and texturized. At almost reminds me one of my bathrobes (I don't use to borrow them from hotels evidently ...:D)

FireFytingNut
02-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Awesome Byron! I see the skyscrapers as others do now that I read their replies but initially I thought "HEY! It's like a colorful bar code reunion!!" LOLOL The whole fam damily is there! ;) It's really cool Byron, love it! :cool:

byroncallas
02-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks everyone so much. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to thank you each for your warm responses - somehow it was such a busy week. Thank you each for your thoughtful and encouraging comments.

DA, thanks for the many worlds viewpoint - several perspectives you've brought to the party - each quite pleasing interpretations for me.

Eddie - a particular thanks for digging in and exploring what I hope were some subtleties in a larger design that you seem to well have picked up on. Thanks for your always appreciative eye and for diving in head first.

Thanks again eveyone - very much appreciated.

SCP
03-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi Byron,
Very striking painting! I really like your use of the roller and also like some of the subtle gradients of colour attained.Very impressive.;):)

Evart
03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
This is beautiful. Reminds me of confetti :D

byroncallas
03-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Scott & Evart, thanks a bunch. :):):):):):)