PDA

View Full Version : Glorious Glitter!

Lee
10-31-2006, 07:20 AM
Get out the glitter and glue and go crazy!!!Love the glitter tool, just like being in third grade and getting ready for Christmas!!! Thanks again!

Celithralia
10-31-2006, 09:24 AM
I loved playing with glitter as well... Hope the glue is dry on this one.

Selby
10-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi Lee great idea :) like you chrissie star

and Celithralia your ornament is very festive too and i like how we can see bits of tree as well

heres my go :)

Selby

Bumble
11-03-2006, 02:24 AM
I love playing with glitter..........

Lee
11-22-2006, 09:42 AM
very lovely all!,glad someone else is brave enough to admit they like glitter, now got to find a broom and clean up!

Peter Pinckney
11-22-2006, 11:58 AM
My glitter period hehe

creationsings
11-22-2006, 12:04 PM
There's just something about glitter and Christmas that go together. :)

Very lovely glitter creations everyone. I've been getting in the Christmas mood myself lately, so I decided this thread was a great opportunity to express it.

This design idea was not completely original...I remember putting something similar on a sweatshirt back in high school for a Christmas Musical I was in. But that was a long time ago. :)

AndyRage
11-22-2006, 01:47 PM
Ooo I like that 'Joy', Creationsings. Very festive.

Lee
11-23-2006, 07:36 AM
so nice all, can't get enough glitter!!!

Peter Pinckney
11-23-2006, 09:06 PM
B****Y GLITTER

AndyRage
11-23-2006, 10:18 PM
It's no good Peter... No matter how many times you vacuum, you just cant get all the glitter out of the carpet.
Hehe.
Very cool picture. Nicely done.

D Akey
11-23-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm seeing a lot of glitter being used as make-up among the younger set. Artrage aiming for the cosmetic market too?

There's glitter in the carpet all around the world apparently.

We're so tidy in the virtual world.

:D

Nice one Peter.

Sober-Skunk
11-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Damn I forgot to add a bauble on the thing at the top right (cant remember the name)

Oh well enjoy:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/Soberskunk/Tree.png

Adam Black
12-10-2006, 06:24 AM
This is the first time I've used the glitter tool--haven't really had a need for it up to this point.

I should've tried it sooner; it's fun! I was grinning ear to ear doing this one. :D

DaveRage
12-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Great stuff, love the decorations, and the vacuum cleaner pic really gave me a chuckle :D

Rkngel
12-16-2006, 05:14 PM
A random nebula as photgraphed by the Hubble telescope...took about 5 minutes tracing with the glitter gun set to 75 :wink:

D Akey
12-16-2006, 07:19 PM
A random nebula as photgraphed by the Hubble telescope...took about 5 minutes tracing with the glitter gun set to 75 :wink:

No WAY! hahahahah.

I'm pretty sure that's a cave painting noted in the bestseller from the 60's (was it?) Chariots of the Gods -- where Eric Von Donigen paged through history and geograpic anomalies putting together an argument that we had visitors from space throughout our time on planet Earth.

This would have been the book jacket cover for sure -- uncovered in a hidden cave chamber at Lasceaux or something. :lol: :D :D

Love it. Could make a career on the talk show circuit with this one.

Great technique. I have yet to get in and roll up my sleeves with the glitter tool. Puttered a bit cause it's so fun. But didn't try to paint anything in particular.

But this one you did is pretty nice!

Good job Mr. RKngel.

Rkngel
12-17-2006, 04:39 AM

No WAY! hahahahah.

I'm pretty sure that's a cave painting noted in the bestseller from the 60's (was it?) Chariots of the Gods -- where Eric Von Donigen paged through history and geograpic anomalies putting together an argument that we had visitors from space throughout our time on planet Earth.

This would have been the book jacket cover for sure -- uncovered in a hidden cave chamber at Lasceaux or something. :lol: :D :D

Love it. Could make a career on the talk show circuit with this one.

Great technique. I have yet to get in and roll up my sleeves with the glitter tool. Puttered a bit cause it's so fun. But didn't try to paint anything in particular.

But this one you did is pretty nice!

Good job Mr. RKngel.

Hmmm...well ArtRage is such an intuitive program..even a caveman could use it!!
Oh drats...that slogan is already taken isnt it.

This was my first real play with the glitter tool...its alot more forgiving than the oils :)

Adam Black
12-22-2006, 04:59 PM
That is really, really cool. Looks like it was painted on the wall of a cave or something.

Tell me you took screenshots step by step, so we can see the progression that led to this... :wink:

Rkngel
12-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Adam..while I would love to take all the credit for this one, ArtRage did all the work!
Using the glitter tool set to around 75 and a tracing image borrowed from NASA it took under 5 minutes to do. The glitter tool used with the "use color from tracing image" option allows you to pick up all the detail from the tracing image as you move the mouse. This is the only tool that works this way (the same option say with the oil brush only picks up the color from the tracing image from the exact pixel you clicked on..so while you can reproduce an image exactly using every exact color, you would have to keep clicking on the canvas to pick up the tracing image color. With the glitter you simply click once and paint the area. I think of it more like brushing away the image underneath using the glitter as painting on top of the image with oils.

Long rambling explanation short :roll: ...it was easy :lol:

Lee
12-23-2006, 06:27 AM
the ultimate glitter!

Lynda Ragsdale
12-26-2006, 10:53 AM
I have to laugh when I play with the glitter because I am stuck in childhood mode. I have to get used to the fact that I am not going to make a mess, or run out of glitter or waste money.

Lynda[/img]

D Akey
12-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Lee, that's a clever idea. :D :D :D

I imagine that it's something of a sequin tool too! Ruby sequins to be sure. But a great tool for doing stage costumes with big production values, showgirls and the like.

Next they have to come up with a feather boa tool in time for Mardi Gras.

D Akey
12-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Lynda, way fun.

Your very own rendition of starry, starry night.

Gotta love anything that lets the inner child out for recess.
:D :D :D

Lynda Ragsdale
12-29-2006, 05:26 PM
D Akey, That is pretty much what the sky looked like from here last night since the power was out all over the place from the wind storm we had. The sky has'nt looked that brilliant in a long while.

As for letting the inner child out... as much as I can, but then she just gets glitter in the carpet and paint on the phone and dog and whatnot.

Lynda

Selby
08-27-2007, 10:04 PM
the ultimate glitter!hehe :D sorry i missed this earlier but im loving dorothys shoes :D it really was the ultimate glitter...i was in a school stage prduction in year six(primary school) and my chief annoyance at being cast as Glinda rather than Dorothea was not getting to wear the ruby slippers.. :lol: :lol: if only all lifes problems could be solved by a pair of ruby slippers :wink: :D

Selby
08-27-2007, 10:06 PM
I have to laugh when I play with the glitter because I am stuck in childhood mode. I have to get used to the fact that I am not going to make a mess, or run out of glitter or waste money.

Lynda[/img]yes i get the same...dont want to 'waste' the glitter :wink: :D sometimes i do crazy glitter ones just to remind myself i can

ginem_ginem
08-27-2007, 10:37 PM
It's GLITTERMAN, a man completely composed of glitter.... He was just a everyday Elvis empersonator, than he fell into a batch of radioactive glitter... Now he goes about fighting crime and making things sparkle... ...Beware of his arch nemesis the vacume-type-thingey..... ETC ETC

Netti
10-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I really like everyone's! I love glitter too, here are a couple from me.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Quick_Sketch/waterfall.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Quick_Sketch/oak.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb8/Quick_Sketch/lion.jpg

Taron
10-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Holy Hell, Netti! Haha, jeeez, what a shocker. I was already very impressed with Nebulae and ruby slippers up there, but your stuff now ups the level dramatically. Beautiful stuff! Congratulations!

Rowena
10-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Great stuff Netti! :D

Mouse
10-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Netti,

Love the lion. Just enough glitter and color to let you know he is there, but not so much that I go running :-).

Netti
10-12-2007, 08:31 AM
Thank you all :D

Randi
10-15-2007, 06:24 AM
thanks to all for sharing your art and cleverness - i too love the glitter.. i am very new to ArtRage and painting programs, but so much fun.

ailime
11-07-2007, 06:39 AM
haha - Peter's vacum - great idea !!!

I have used the glitter on my very first piece with this program :D - but not in the gloriously abusive way - but I shall change that eventually :D

ailime
11-09-2007, 03:44 PM
ze art of being minimalistically glitter glorious ;) rainy day -

Lee
11-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Dear Ailime, new art ? deco-art ? beautiful art !

jiffyblue
11-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Gosh, this new caveman technology really works. I tried that glitter tool with the tracing option and wow, less than 5 minutes and I came up with this!

ailime
12-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Have a superbly awesome Christmas and New year :D

and god bless Glitter Gun !!

Lee
12-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Dear Ailime, Hello, thank you for the lots-o-glitter greeting, and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

aKasha
12-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Hello everybody!
It's my first post here and in fact, the first days since I received a tablet and a artrage software..I like painting..I always have, so, I send you some glittering
glitters...Please tell me what you think about it..It seems to me that it's just "doodling" and a lot of mess making..

Anyway, you're all great ;) :*

irishrose
01-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Akasha,

Very bright, bold and beautiful. Reminds me of two suns... and love the colors, they are primaries and go very well together! Keep painting!

RobertSWade
01-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I think this is actually quite good. By the title, one can see what your subjects are but there's also a lot more happening if you just let your mind wander through it. At any rate, actually using the tools is the only way to get control of them so, keep at it. :)

Marumaar
01-18-2008, 08:12 AM

:)
i saw a girl running away, in a big dress, in the middle of the night.

sickfish
02-12-2008, 12:09 AM
I loved these. I'll make one today and post it. Obviously it won't be Christmas themed but I have an idea that should work.

I've never really used the glitter tool so it should be fun. :)

Netti - I loved the waterfall and JiffyBlue - gorgeous pic too!

juliediane
03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Here'ssssssssssssssss mine!

D Akey
03-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Wow. Textures upon textures in a swell design, too.

Good eye and very experimental. Terrific combination for the viewers, like me.

Great stuff.

Lee
03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Dear Juliediane, Very Very Nice, like a glitter sampler of all that glitters !!!

juliediane
03-07-2008, 11:28 PM
thank you both very much.

Mairzie Dotes
03-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Lee,
Just looked at the "Glorious Glitter" thread for the first time
and really like your glittery star. It also reminds me of
the holidays when I was young, when the ordinary seemed
to sparkle more than any other time of the year.

Mairzie Dotes
03-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Lee,
"Ruby Slippers" rules! Where could I find
a pair of those fantistic shoes and click
them three times saying, "There's no place
like home, there's no place like home, there's
no place like home!"

juliediane
03-16-2008, 06:38 AM
<------- Has the ruby slippers here in Kansas. LOL

D Akey
03-16-2008, 07:57 AM
<------- Has the ruby slippers here in Kansas. LOL

Well just don't let your husband try them on. He'll end up in Southern England. . . unless his real home is Kansas now.

juliediane
03-16-2008, 12:20 PM
:lol: Home is definitely Kansas now. And besides he doesn't look good in heels.

Blind
05-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Here`s my try at glitter:

Hope you like it:cool:

Someonesane
05-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Nice work everyone :D

Here's my attempt at a glitter only painting.

Lee
05-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Dear Blind, Great use of glitter, so different, lots of dimention, pops right off the page, mysterious figure there too,

Dear Someonesane, Very pretty glitter picture, like the sand pictures on sidewalks, very nice!

Blind
05-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks a lot Lee!

Judith Tramayne
06-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Did this glitter painting for the Art Rage Class I was in at LVSonline.com. It's my interpretation of Waltentin Zietara Design:

Did about 2 weeks ago. Then did a stencil and redid with red metallic glitter:

Judith

gioulin
06-28-2008, 12:21 AM
hi all,

check out my bargirls :p

cathyd
05-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow, Lee, I had a lot of fun with this! That was a beautiful design you posted. And hey you guys, the tracing thing works with the glitter really well, and with the glitter at that! In fact, I did not even have to trace the outline of the image. I just started painting using the colors from the tracing image and completed it all in one layer. It looked at first like it was not going to work too well, but I kept working with it and was I ever surprised? I guess I tapped into another way to paint tonight. Who would have guessed that one could achieve realistic art with glitter? :eek: Hmmmm! Anyhoo, this flower image is from an old hymnal (downloaded from the internet) and is public domain. So I uploaded it wondering what to do with it :rolleyes:, until I ran across this thread. Great idea! :D I had to keep going back over the image to remove all the little blank spots but the results were well worth it. I think I might start painting with glitter a lot more. Using the glitter gave this work the softness of the original image. I'm really glad I decide to participate your this idea, Lee. :) By the way, I got the idea for the tracing thing for this piece from some of you who posted. I was amazed at the results you had with it. It is as one of you commented, the Artrage did most of the work on this one. ;) One more thing -- I forgot to mention -- I had the glitter set on "grit" style and the size was almost set at "zero." And hey, I enjoyed the beautiful work you guys did with the glitter. I love the ruby red slippers!

Lee
05-15-2009, 05:39 AM
Dear CathyD, such a pleasure to see this old thread return!!! thank you!!! so glad you liked Ruby Slippers, what a fun thread,,isn't ArtRage glitter the most!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both of your paintigs are so pretty, the butterflies one is so fancyfull and the colors with the silver is just beautiful!!!,,,, the one with the flowers is wonderful!!! you made the metalic so soft, brilliant too!!! good work!:)

Dear Gouilin, Still here??? missed your bargirl,,, very cool, good job!:)

Dear Judith, Still here too??? sorry to have missed your glitter girls, both red and blue are beautifull,, love that era and style,, good job!!!:)

cathyd
05-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks Lee, for your kind words. :) So glad I may have helped bring your forum back into the spotlight. ;) I used MisterPaint stencils on this one. ;) It did not take near the amount of time it does when I do realism or even some of my abstracts. It was fun! You had a great idea for this thread Lee. I used glitter for the background and used metallic paint with the paint tube for the designs and they stand out more. As for the glitter and metallic paints, I have always loved glitter and things that sparkle since I was a little girl and my favorite colors were gold and silver. I think it is nice as artists that we can take time to just have fun with out art. We must might discover something new! Like I did with the painting of the flowers from the old hymnal (above).

anarkissed
05-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow and My Oh My, what neat results! RKngel had a GREAT idea! Okay, it could be considered cheating, but really, if you're after a certain look for a task it's quite irrelevant how you achieve it. Not like we're trying to sell our stuff in a hoity toity gallery, eh?
So, curious about this "tracing colors" trick I picked out my craziest colored image. I found this on flickr many moons ago to use on my desktop (I like looking at color that much) and look what the glitter did with it! Wow!

byroncallas
05-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi Lee & All. This thread is near 3-years old - I see it's come back to life with great new posts. So here's my 100% glitter shot - no other paint tools except eraser. Fun practice. Comments and commentary always welcome.

cathyd
05-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Pretty cool, Byron. :cool:;) Nice composition and colors. :)

Juhoover22
05-22-2009, 03:34 AM
Heres mine :D I love making christmas cards :D

cathyd
06-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Very Festive, Justin! ;)

cathyd
06-30-2009, 02:46 AM
Okay, Lee, here's one more! :D Something inside me yearned to do another glitter painting. I painted this orange and red background on which, I created an abstract. But I still couldn't get the background out of my mind. I kept seeing this dark scraggly tree on it. And then the glitter thing whirled around in my mind. So this is what I came up using oils, palette knife, and glitter.

drifteremage
06-30-2009, 03:33 PM
I didn't know glitter could be so amazingly beautiful. I'm definitely going to play around with it now. Will let you know how it turns out.

Lee
07-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Dear Drifter, Hello!!! Glitter is the best!!! have fun!!!:)

Dear Cathy, beautiful!! reminds me of a red silk scarf with gold print i had many moons ago:o, :)

Dear Justin, Beautiful Christmas Card! thank you!:)

Dear Byron, sooo cool!!! wonderful to look at, your specialty!:)

Dear Anarkissed, that is a beautiful work of geometry and art, soo pretty with the glitter!:)

put in a little glitter quicky just for fun,,,:)
ps, it rained, i doodled:rolleyes::)

weeun
07-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Here my glitter picture. :D

Lee
07-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Dear Weeun, Hello!!! you must have practiced!!! this is a very good landscape! your Rose painting is very pretty too! the glitter is so much fun,,try out each tool and keep up the good work, :)

irishrose
07-01-2009, 08:23 AM
I love them all!!! Thanks for bringing this back up to the top!! :)

cathyd
07-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Thank you, Lee, and drifteremage for your kind comments. ;) Beautiful job, Lee on your glitter galaxy and weeun on you glitter scape. Can't wait to see yours, drifteremage. :D

Lee
07-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Dear Cathy, Thank You, lots-o-fun!,,, pretty new avatar for you so checked out your gallery to see if it was there and walla!!! such pretty abstracts!!! lots of wonderful color!!! good job!:)

Lee
07-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Dear Rose,, thank you!!! hard to turn down a glitter revival!!!:)

drifteremage
07-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Okay guys here's one. But I must be honest, I cheated. I did a red glitter first layer @ 100% opaque. Second layer was done in charcoal @ 66% with a pin light. The third layer was yellow glitter with 33% multicolor @ 34% opaque with a shadow light.

I promise I will do something in pure glitter, but this one made me happy so I thought I'd share it anyway.

Lee
07-02-2009, 02:58 AM
Dear Drifter, that is quite pretty, looks like an archeological find unearthed under a volcano, good job!:)

cathyd
07-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Thank you so much, Lee for your kind words. Love your new glitters. So glad you like my new avatar. ;) And drifteremage, what a great job. Wow. And if you notice, my last post on here wasn't pure glitter either. I think a lot of us on this thread are just glitter nuts, in all its forms. Right, Lee? :D

drifteremage
07-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Thank you cathyd and lee. Glitter is definitely ALOT of fun.:D Haven't quite playing with it in several days. Here's another pic.

cathyd
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Wow, drifteremage, That is awesome! Just love it. ;)

cathyd
07-07-2009, 03:22 PM
This is one I did for foxy's thread. I added a little glitter to the variation I did to balance the gold butterflies.

drifteremage
07-07-2009, 03:33 PM
FANTABULOUS cathyd. I just love to colors and textures. Very pleasing to the eyes.

cathyd
07-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks a lot, drifteremage! ;)

Lee
07-08-2009, 02:54 AM
Dear Drifter, very good glitter-scroll work,, nice idea too!!!:)

Dear Cathy, soooo pretty, have all the Iris colors plus the electric blue, keep seeing all kinds of things there, beautiful abstract textures!:)

Silentman
07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Lol these are all awesome, i never realized how much could be done with the glitter gun :D

Lee
07-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Dear Silentman, well, AR Glitter was the beginning of my addiction,, violins please,,, finally found a simple oldie i did many many moons ago, it really is glitter, just piled on itself, was amazing to me how dimensional it looked, can't remember how i did it, don't think i ever want to know how Glitter 'flashes' either, it is just the coolest!... have fun!:)

Silentman
07-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Hmm, i can see a castle coming right out of that style :)

cathyd
07-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks a lot, Lee! I posted the original for this painting on foxy's thread. I has a lot of deep blue tones. This is a variation of it. :) And those are pretty amazing images you did many moons ago. :D Thank you, Silentman. ;) Blessings, Cathy

drifteremage
07-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Somebody should stop me. I'm obsessed with glitter.

cathyd
07-10-2009, 03:43 PM
No, don't stop, drifteremage. This is fabulous! ;)

cathyd
07-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Just having fun with Foxy's flower stencils and a little glitter. Oils, palette knife, crayon, Foxy's stencils, MisterPaint stencils, and glitter.

mjordanwy
07-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Here is my use of the glitter gun. I live surrounded by gravel and sand. Glitter gun makes great gravel and edges of cactus. This is on my entryway.

Lee
07-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Dear Drifter, Cathy, and Mjordan, great great great glitterramma!!!! just love them all!!! :)

drifteremage
07-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Let me know if I'm going overboard. Sometimes I just get carried away.

foxytocin
07-13-2009, 12:42 PM
This glitter thread is great fun! The pictures that people have contributed are quite lively....I'll have to drum up something to post for sure....

cathyd
07-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Here is a quick textured scribble I did. I created the base painting a couple of weeks ago and did not know where to go with it. Tonight I ended up doing this quick scribble with it. I did the scribble with one stroke with the eraser, exposing the base painting sort of like a scratch off design done in primary school art classes. Glitter, paint tube, eraser, air brush, and crayon. Just can't get away from that glorious glitter, Lee! Hehe! :D

jillianchan
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
Just something I'm working on....

lolalot
10-08-2009, 06:59 AM
Love that picture, Jillianchan! Beautiful! :)

Squirls
10-08-2009, 12:39 PM
WOW! That is fabulous! Kind of a Fireworks tree. Very nice!

jillianchan
11-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Just something I'm doing from a stencil given to me from a friend....Not quite done though....

Lee
11-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Dear Jillian, Hello!!! this is already beautiful!!! the old 'Glitter' thread usually pops up around the Holidays,,, this is a wonderful start, will be great when finished! very sweet!:)

sandyg
11-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Hello Jillian, welcome to the forums, your painting is delightful.
Sandyg.

cathyd
05-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Long time since I was on AR. You know me, Lee, I love that glitter! Lol. A friend of mine in Ireland granted me permission to use his snapshot of a Christmas scene in Belfast to create a piece of artwork. When I saw his photo I just fell in love with the colors...and the sparkle! Hehe. Anyhoo, this is the result. Hope you are doing well! : ) Blessings, Cathy

Lee
05-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Dear CathyD, Nice to see you again!!!! what a pretty Christmas collage?!!! must have be a lovely time they had, must be a wonderful time of year, can you imagine the celebrations!!!! glitter it the tops!!! Have a nice summmer!!!