PDA

View Full Version : Davida vs Goliath(lake monster)

ENCHANTER
02-22-2010, 04:49 AM
Its been a long time coming. All done in AR3. Im not happy with the background, maybe something to work on next time :D
Oh and here is a work in progress snapshots.

edit: For those people who think, I can't do that.......It takes practice and observation.....I've added my first picture I done on artrage 3 years ago, a water dragon, so you can see how i had to practice to get to this stage of quality(im not saying that it is top quality but i think im on my way there):rolleyes:

ARTGEEK
02-22-2010, 06:26 AM
Wow this is freaking amazing!!!! I like the background.

Valerie
02-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Wow this is outstanding, what a great painting.

Sketchism71
02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
This has been an awesome adventure observing the creation of this fascinating image Enchanter! Your process is amazing and this is a top notch concept image!!! The background looks great (I think). I think it is difficult to see an image (that you have spent a lot of time on) in the same way others see it. Excellent work!:eek:

ENCHANTER
02-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Thankyou everyone, I was struggling with this a few weeks ago, then after having some inspiration decided to change the design and do the tonal black and white first, then putting colour over the top and carrying on from there!:D

Alexandra
02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Fantastic work Enchanter! Love this!:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

L Skylar Brown
02-22-2010, 09:07 AM
This is Awesome Good! I liked the various stages you showed.

jibes
02-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Very impressive!!!

Caesar
02-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Welcome back, dear Enchanter and what a stunning painting and confrontation!
I'm relieved and glad to see that David left his catapult to adopt a machine-gun against Godzilla!:D

ENCHANTER
02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
thankyou Caesar... actually the gunner is female... davida...im not sure if its a real name? :D

Rose,........Wow is enough for me, tells me everything:D

ENCHANTER
02-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Alexandra, SKylar Brown and Jibes...Thankyou very much just for lookin in and the comments :D

Evart
02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Wow Enchanter, what an imagination you have. It's awesome :D

SCP
02-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Great to see your work ENCHANTER ,and that you didn't give up and worked it out.Powerful image and yes the lake monster has improved!;):):)

Lima
02-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Wow, these images are exceptional. Enchanter, congratulations to you, this work is exquisite.:eek::eek::eek:

Juz
02-22-2010, 08:16 PM
I remember when you started on the first one and posted. This has been a fabulous work from start to finish. Great to see the process steps, thanks for sharing those. :):)

PS/ i really like the background

byroncallas
02-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Yo, Enchanter, this is killer - one heck of a beast. Thanks for posting the progs. And love your edit and first post. Good inspiration there. :):):):):):):)

flyashy
02-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Hey Enchanter, this is CRAZY GOOD!!!
amazing!
& love the process!!

Caesar
02-23-2010, 03:02 AM
...ah, ah, ah LOL Hard to see the difference in these days, isn't it, dear Enchanter? I guess she should at least wear a pink ribbon to have some hint ....:D

ENCHANTER
02-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Evart, thankyou very much, :)
SCP, I nearly did give up,:)
Orianelima, thankyou very much for the compliment:)

Juz, thankyou very much…im afraid I still don’t like the background:)
Bryoncallas, thankyou very much, yes I thought people will see my first ever post and see they can do it too:)
Flyashy, thankyou for the compliment:)

Caesar…..Women come in all shapes and sizes , is all I will say! Next time maybe some stilettos!
:D

Rob in Denver
02-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Enchanter--a lot of people would love to be able to do that first one of yours, it showed the promise of things to come. This one shows how far you have indeed come, its an amazing piece! I am looking forward to what you will be doing a year from now.
But! You really should have given her a larger gun--looks like she needs it against this big thing!

mannafig
02-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Outstanding:):)

LPBaker
02-23-2010, 10:19 PM
As a lifelong fan of scifi and fantasy art, I don't think that painting would be out of place among the professional art I've seen over the years - fantastic image, great composition, tells a story (who's threatening who?) ... excellent work!

Thanks also for posting your first painting - scifi/fantasy art is what I really want to paint but I've been struggling to do it with traditional media, so to see what you've achieved in three years working with Artrage is tremendously inspiring!

Thanks,
Lindsay

Belvrog
02-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Hey cool Enchanter, very well done. Particularly great work on the dragons skin, its light reflections and shades. :eek::eek::eek:

foxytocin
02-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Greatly enjoyed this.....and I bet that fellow has really bad breath......

ENCHANTER
02-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Rob thankyou very much for your compliments

Mannafig, thanks very much

LPBaker, I always wanted to be a pro painter/concept designer, but I wasn’t good enough, so I just paint for fun now

Belvrog, thanks for looking at the painting

Foxytocin, I m glad you enjoyed it

:D