PDA

View Full Version : Kirar (weapon concept design)

Andrea
02-22-2010, 02:25 AM
I don't like weapons unless they are in a videogame, and since I wanted to paint something mechanical I spent some time on a concept for an hybrid assault rifle.

I painted it for the little PDF I'm writing -- which is actually done, I'm just checking my terrible English and then I'll publish it, today or tomorrow.

I resized it to 1600 pixels in width. Thanks for clicking on it and watching if in bigger size :)

(by the way, it's obviously 100% ArtRage :) )

Evart
02-22-2010, 03:12 AM
Wow, this is cool!

Juz
02-22-2010, 03:21 AM
I dont know anything about guns so I cant really comment on that. But i do love the use of texture in this piece, wonderful :):)

ENCHANTER
02-22-2010, 03:53 AM
excellent!

Andrea
02-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Thanks a lot Evart, Juz, ENCHANTER ! :)

Alexandra
02-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Andrea! This is too cool! Great work!:)

emenemsbis
02-22-2010, 07:56 AM
great use of textures, and great colors :)

jibes
02-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Excellent artwork to be sure.!!!

Sketchism71
02-22-2010, 09:13 AM
I agree. Your textures are amazing! Excellent Andrea!:eek::D:D

Andrea
02-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks a lot for your feedback Alexandra, emenemsbis, jibes and Sketchism71 :):)

SCP
02-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Your Gun's backdrop looks amazing!:)

Caesar
02-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm getting out of further original enthusiastic appraisal statements for Your works, dear Andrea! Superlative!
While we are admiring this new show of outstanding capabilities, we're waiting for Your famous PDF You're citing again.
I hope You'll post also the Italian version (especially if it's already ready) I'm sure Uuderzo and myself (and anyone wishing to be exposed to our noble language) would read immediately instead of the one with such a terrible English of Yours :D (I frankly didn't realize so far;)).

Andrea
02-22-2010, 11:19 PM
@SCP : ahah thanks mate, but I hope the rifle looks better than the background :D:D:D By the way, for the background I used 1 layer with plain gray, 1 with various sketches and textures made with custom stickers, 1 layer with the red parts (which I erased here and there using custom stencils), 1 layer with text (I love ArtRage text tool, the only thing I don't like is that it shows only name of font..it would be GREAT to have a preview near them! I would also like the popup to have a scrollbar instead of the arrows).

@Caesar : grazie sei sempre gentilissimo! The PDF will be in english and I'm not planning to translate it to our beautiful and beloved language at the moment (it took far more time than I expected to write the whole document!) but I could do it in future :) -- by the way yesterday I discovered my copy of Microsoft Expression includes a great screen recording software, and I'm thinking I could try to record a video of a painting session, it could be funny! :D

uuderzo
02-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Stunning work Andrea! I join Caesar imploring your mythical pdf :rolleyes::D

Caesar
02-23-2010, 12:00 AM
A movie? WOW! :eek: Better and better, maestro Andrea! We're all going to attend Your most renown bottega then! :):):):):)
What can I do in the meanwhile? Start to grind the pigments?:D

Andrea
02-23-2010, 12:21 AM
@uuderzo : I hope you won't all be disappointed with that little document! I tried to make it interesting but since I am only learning ArtRage I don't think I have something amazing to share :P

@Caesar : ahah "renown bottega" made me smile! :D

@IrishRose : weapons are horrible things indeed, I do agree you should probably better not show this to your kids. You know, I want to work in the videogame industry and being able to also draw believable weapons is a good thing, since many games are including weapons. As I said in the first post of this thread, I only "like" weapons where they are into a videogame, but I do find them horrible and detestable in real life. That being said, I painted the Kirar only as a fast exercise for showing how to do detail work in the pdf :)

flyashy
02-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Hi Andrea, Absolutely bloody marvelous!!
& I lovvvve the GUN !! ;) In fact the biggest problem I face while playing games is you only see the gun in your own POV & miss all the fun of seeing it in action. I remember spending most of the my time in DOOM with the shotgun held high & not aimed at the enemy because it looked so cool...haha ( of course I ended up dying a lot!!)

Can't wait for the PDF, why don't you post it up, bad grammar and all, in case we have problem understanding it we'll ask.. hehe!!
just kidding, but the suspense is killing :D

Andrea
02-23-2010, 01:49 AM
@IrishRose : I grew playing (also) violent games and watching (also) violent cartoons/anime and when I was a child I had my brave fighting with wood sticks (emm, swords, pardon!) and so on.. I even did build weapons on my own using wood, bike components, elastic rubber bends, etc. I admired Leonardo Da Vinci :D But even after that guerrilla childhood I was and I am a total enemy of violence and war -- I'm sure there is a difference between reality and abstraction and it's up to us to understand it and to try to help the others understand it too. I'm spending a lot of energies trying to help my little cousins understand that life must be respected and that even hurting a spider or a lizard is horrible -- I'm kinda successful in that, but their father is constantly ruining my efforts with his fascist behavior :(:(:(

@flyashy : I actually thought to post the pdf here before finished and have you all kindly helping me with grammar, but in the end I forced myself to be a good boy and spend time checking it on my own -- otherwise I'll never learn to fix my mistakes :P -- and about DOOM, do you mean first one? cos if it's so, then I was doing exactly the same ahahaha :D:D:D

Andrea
02-23-2010, 01:53 AM
You look a very smart mom :) -- and yes it's sad for my cousins, but I won't give up! :D

flyashy
02-23-2010, 03:04 AM
and about DOOM, do you mean first one? cos if it's so, then I was doing exactly the same ahahaha

haha, yesss... the first one!!
I guess Boys will be Boys !!hehehe!

...another of my favorites was to play an entire level in 'Bullet time' in Max Payne!!..haha, used to take hours..but looked so cool!!!
:D :D

ogside
02-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Andrea : Wow ! That's great stuff ! What a fine job on differents textures : steel, wall, handle, rubber on the nozzle. You're on the good way to work on profesional skills. I'm very happy that your tuto will soon bee available. And for your english, peharps it's not as good as your paintings but it's far from beeing bad !