PDA

View Full Version : The Sky Monster Fairy tale..?

flyashy
02-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Okay, so I made a cloud brush....
...and went overboard :D

I also made a complementary hue brush and ended up with the monster...

This could be from some fantasy tale...

anyone want to write one?

:D

Evart
02-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Arrrgh, there she blows, and I haven't got me sword! :D This is great!

coops
02-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Wonderful picture Flyashy, love the monster :)

SCP
02-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Very very cool Fly!!:cool::cool::cool::cool: [email protected] Evart sword comment:D

flyashy
02-20-2010, 11:02 AM
:D Thanks SCP, Coops, Evart..
The story's not been written yet but I think he's bargaining with the monster for a sword with that gold chain he has..
;)

D Akey
02-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Wow. Could really inspire tales. No kidding.

Feels like a Jumanji, Chris Van Allsberg, spawned by the modern psyche kind of tale. Feels culturally right in there with people who have been long exposed to fantasy and action adventure movies and books etc.

Keep going! You're on to something.

:):):):):)

Alexandra
02-20-2010, 12:05 PM
AWESOME Fly!:)

Sketchism71
02-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Dude!!! This is way to cool! The monster is fantastic as well as the man on the flying raft (awesome concept)!!! What really blows me away is the perspective you have on it. Not an easy thing to paint from a view looking down and have everything look as right as you have done. Totally awesome!!!:eek::D:D:D

Juz
02-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Awesome, love the design of the 'sky raft' with the hobbled together logs. The cloud brush has wonderful depth and creates great texture and the leviathan looks rather intimidating. :):)

byroncallas
02-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Fabulous Fly. Cool brushes making a cool painting. Now you have to paint the entire story. :):):):)

flyashy
02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
@Byron, thanks :) I guess I'll have to figure out the story first :D (**goes to consult his kids :D)
@Juz, Thanks so much, I am going to try and improve the 'cloud' brush' so it come out even more 'authentic', I'm still struggling with understanding some behavior settings in the matrix.
@Sketchism,

Dude!!! This is way to cool! The monster is fantastic as well as the man on the flying raft (awesome concept)!!! What really blows me away is the perspective you have on it. Not an easy thing to paint from a view looking down and have everything look as right as you have done. :D :D Thanks so much Sketch, I have to honest here, the raft was intended to be in water... but while working on the clouds I got a brain wave, & viola!! ANd once I saw a flying raft in my head there was no going back was there.. ? :D also, the perspective was intended for that, if you imagine water below the raft, it would appear to be quite normal, but since I ended up dropping away the floor, suddenly the perception changed quite a bit. I guess this became a realization for me about how strongly limited by conditioning my thinking was :o Thanks again for the happy vibes :)
@Alexandra, Thanks so much :)
@Rose, Thanks, glad you enjoyed it:)
@D Akey,

Feels like a Jumanji, Chris Van Allsberg, spawned by the modern psyche kind of tale. Feels culturally right in there with people who have been long exposed to fantasy and action adventure movies and books etc.
Thanks so much Professor, I guess I have to thank my father for that, he was the one who incessantly fed me & my imagination with books full of fantasy :) I hope someday I can make my mark in there somewhere :)

foxytocin
02-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Have you heard of The Edge Chronicles (http://www.randomhouse.com/kids/edgechronicles/)? Fly, this would fit right in to any one of those stories. These little novels are one of my absolute favourite things happening in the world of fantasy/fairytale fiction right now....your image has the same over-the-top, almost decadent sense of adventure found in the series.

alkratzer
02-22-2010, 03:32 AM
...in desperation, Ermir did the only thing he could think of in the moment before the windserpent struck. He pulled the gold medallion that was given to him by the Sky Goddess and held it aloft for the monster to see. The morning sun glinted off the bright gold and sparkled in its cat-like eyes, mesmerizing it as the medallion twisted and turned in his hand. Soon Ermir would be riding the hypnotized creature and be speeding through the clouds towards the mountain of daggers, leaving behind the cloudraften to dance aimlessly on the lofty breeze...

jibes
02-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Now that would give one pause! Great job.

ENCHANTER
02-22-2010, 11:17 AM
love this fantasy,

flyashy
02-23-2010, 01:38 AM
@Foxy, thanks so much, I will definitely check out the edge chronicles!
@alkratzer, wow! that's the fairly tale I want to read!! :D :D you brought such a vivid imagery and meaning to the image that your words are worth a thousand pictures :)
& love that 'cloudraften'
@jibes, thanks :)
@rose, I MUST check it out then!
@Enchanter, thanks so much!! :)

Caesar
02-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Dear Flyashy, this overgrown eel would be fantastic at next Christmas Eve supper. We may have one hundred guests around the table fed with it!:D

Very imaginative and tasty!

flyashy
02-23-2010, 01:45 AM
haha thanks Caesar,
except it is an electric eel and, now we know why lightening happens :)