PDA

View Full Version : Soft hug

Caesar
02-20-2010, 06:35 AM
An imaginary, one layer only watercolour. It took about one hour and half, but the initial sketch was quite quick (used also a thinned higher pressure roller on the starting sky).
I kept within a specific palette I resumed from past experiments and used mostly toned down colours.
It was quite relaxing ...

coops
02-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Wonderful painting Cesare, love the colours and the calm feel it has to it:)

SCP
02-20-2010, 08:28 AM
I can see why you found it relaxing,very calming image.Well painted Caesar.;)

Ailaya
02-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Simple and beautiful dear Caesar. The colors are so soft and calming, making the light coming from the house even warmer and inviting. If there are free hugs going on there, count me in! :D

Valerie
02-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Cesare another winner here. What a beautiful painting.

fraser_paice
02-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Hmmm.... subtle like the caress of a butterfly's wings my friend.... a whisper of gossamer silk.....

Hmmm... and I get to spank my art into submission... sigh!

Caesar
02-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Dear Rose, unexpectedly for my ill-famed reputation, this time the soft hug was referred to the snow ...:D But this doesn't exclude that someone (or at least sometwo :p are willing to emulate the image inside the hut too and save some money for on heating bills. :D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! I'm pretty sure You've got some weird mooboot model too for walking in the snow ...:D Watch to the snowballs possibly hitting You!

Right, dear SCP, but it's better not to feel aslept outside.:rolleyes:;):p Thank You!

Wait, maybe inside there's just the owner and he may possibly be an old trapper or, worse, a grizzly, dear Jessica.:D Don't worry, we'll se if he's going to rent it for the week-end.;):p Thank You!

Dear Valerie, once more I must say that the watercolours effect is quite credible on this AR3pro!:cool: Thank You!:)

Dear Fraser-Paice, I'm glad to be able to convince watercolours to throw off restraints and let itself go in all its sensual potential under my hands ...;):D
Thank You, my dear friend!

Evart
02-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Looks cozy :D

Ray
02-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Simple and Excellent!

D Akey
02-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Charming, Caesar. This says you believe nobody is going to be crossing the Alps right now. . . oh wait. . . different century. . .

Nice painting. The softness works here. :):):)

Alexandra
02-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Beautiful painting Cesare. There is just one thing you left out. Hot cocoa in the window for the other person in the cabin.:eek::o:D

Caesar
02-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Provided there's enough wood to burn, dear Evart and some good spirits ...:D
Thank You!

Thank You, dear Ray! Without a reference it would be harder for me to make a more complex composition, but simplicity, as You point out, may be a merit whenever effective.

Dear D Akey, in wintertime it's quite unlikely that Hannibal and his circus may actually cross the Alps. .:D I must have reviewed too many Andy Wyeth's paintings recently ... Thank You!

My dear Sandra, I start believing that the orange light there inside may possibly be someone blushing ... I guess there's more than just cocoa they're drinking in the shed.:rolleyes::D Thank You!

Lima
02-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Wonderful painting Cesare, love the colours and the calm feel it has to it:) I agree. Very very nice.

barnburner
02-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Really nice Caesar.. very well done.

AT-TA
02-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, soft as a pillow is the snow in this picture and who knows why the light is on, when is not that dark outside yet...yeah... who knows...:)Beautiful, Ceasar, as usually.

Juz
02-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Gorgeous Caesar, love the natural palette, looks like a real watercolour with the translucency, brilliant treatment of the trees and cabin. :):)

Rick
02-20-2010, 07:19 PM
A perfectly wonderful top notch painting, my friend.. You did a fine job here..

Dany51
02-20-2010, 09:53 PM
I was thinking the painting is not like your usual compositions but the comments get me right back on earth :)

It seams to me more carefully done and find the way to simulate the real watercolor ,
do you know the Farbe (http://derschmale.com/demo/farbe/watercolour/FarbeWaterColour.html) ?! It would be fine if we would be able to have something similar with Art Rage.

Can you tell us , if you remember, which settings (or which watercolor brushes) you used ? I am not yet very familiar and is hard to recognize them.

Very nice watercolor .

Caesar
02-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Thank You very much, dear Orianelima! I'm getting confident enough with watercolours so as to be able to start by sketching freely and with no plan and get an initial image I may work on. This is not the only or always the right procedure for any subject, but it's certainly the most surprising and relaxing way to paint with them.;)

Dear Barnburner, I realize this is the exactly opposite approach to the one You follow, so I'm glad You like this somewhere fuzzy and undefined outcome. Thank You!

Dear AT-TA, good observation. You need a nice fire anyway, especially if You wish the shed get quite hot inside to get free of clumsy-making clothes.;):D Thank You.

Thank You, dear Juz! Actually You are pointing out exactly to the two elements I'm quite proud of. Probably the hut should have been placed on the left to balance the composition.

Thank You for the great compliment, dear Rick!

Dear Dany, but we are on earth and so is art too, although our scope is, to tell with Ulysses in Dante, to follow virtue and knowledge, in a quite wide, sense but concrete way. Moreover, it looks like Heaven is fo kids and foresees relationship of spirits, but also sopuls and bodies of the beings created with both. So let's why not keep playful, joyful and even provocative to a certain extent?:)
I thank You very much for appreciating this painting (You were not probably wrong intrepreting it and its more or less conscious intentions;)).
I'm also very grateful to You for telling me of Farbe, which seems a quite interesting simulation of watercolours I'll certainly explore in the forthcoming days!

jibes
02-21-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm gonna have to try this WC. I keep saying that:) I like the idea of using the thinned down roller to block in large areas. Great job!

Caesar
02-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Thank You, dear Jibes. The mid-high pressured, very high thinned roller have interesting property indeed!

sabena
02-21-2010, 10:26 AM
ha caesar

Magical painting wonderful:D

FireFytingNut
02-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Lovely, Caesar... I guess the hugging must be going on inside that little house that has the heat coming out the window.. ;)

ROFL Rose! You are totally crackin me up today!

This is a great great painting Caesar. I wouldn't mind being shacked up in that little place. :) Not sure why but this sort of makes me think of Laura Ingles Wilder. :shrugs:

alkratzer
02-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Restrained pallet, lots of white space, warm window focal point and the sense that you are inside a magic moment all add up to a great piece Caesar!

foxytocin
02-21-2010, 12:52 PM
It is delicate like the lightest down feathers.....

Dany51
02-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Dear Dany, but we are on earth and so is art too, although our scope is, to tell with Ulysses in Dante, to follow virtue and knowledge, in a quite wide, sense but concrete way. Moreover, it looks like Heaven is fo kids and foresees relationship of spirits, but also sopuls and bodies of the beings created with both. So let's why not keep playful, joyful and even provocative to a certain extent?:)
I thank You very much for appreciating this painting (You were not probably wrong intrepreting it and its more or less conscious intentions;)).
I'm also very grateful to You for telling me of Farbe, which seems a quite interesting simulation of watercolours I'll certainly explore in the forthcoming days!

to tell with Ulysses in Dante ?!

I don't think I even try to be provocative and no doubt for each one of us Art have it's own meanings and purpose,

if I would have to answer to all the provocations that I saw in here and in there I wouldn't never finish with what I have to say by my own ;

I think that to be provocative when it comes from a men in front of a woman in the working playground it can be a mischievous trick to arrive some social recognition,
this is why women in the working field of the Fine Arts are kindly asked to pose and be quiet , eventually be as light as possible;

I certainly adore to be very hard like , weight very much and not please to anybody
but I am honest, I don't do intrigues, I don't attack people,
I don't turn anybody to have sclerosis ,
I don't do any private chat with any of you
and I hate lies, indifferent from who they come.

I also like kind people and entire ones in character but as in real life,
on Internet there are only very few,
is certainly not my fault,
human nature are probably the tendency to compromise in order to survive
and with the selection tool,
it seams that there are no limit in it.

No, I thank you for being a betatester, no doubt your
informatical skills helped you to do it,
we have a good product and we have to thanks to eachone
who did some contribution for that;
on the other side,
I will be very grateful to you and to any of you other than you,
if You avoid joking with me,
I enjoy to say that I am ugly and old and lost my memory,
just because I don't intent to please to anybody in here,
maybe girls will understand me better,

I am on the Forums for the painting interest,
not even to make philosophy or poetry,
there are other forums for that.
That's me !

How about You Caesar ?

elfme
02-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Wow, I like it. Well done.

Sketchism71
02-21-2010, 10:44 PM
This captures the simplicity of watercolors that I absolutely love!!! Painted with light! Brilliant image very very well done Caesar!:eek::eek:

Caesar
02-21-2010, 11:11 PM
Thank You, dear Sabena!

Dear FireFytingNut, thank You very much for liking it and I'm glad this made You have pleasant thoughts.

Thank You very much, dear Al. I really appreciate Your expert comment!

Your words make me think, dear Foxy, that I've got something gentle and delicate in my soul too, which is not at all a bad news.:p Thanks a lot!

If it's what may be a disturbing attitude in art and anything else, I'm sorry, since I'm feminist too, Dany, in a quite different way though.

The toughest way to avoid compromises is to tell the truth, but keep the form in a gentle and kind way to keep communication open. Being offensive is never the complete truth I'm afraid.
I lost much for being and following, as far as I could, all I think right (but nothing really important) and I'm not the best one to deal diplomatically or stand silently in front of someone walking on my feet (a really poor christian indeed).
My character has some promising point and many faults., but I don't think are of interest in here, unless there's a priest.
If this Forum is a place of concord and playful or supportive exchanges for so many people, I wouldn't not willing to spoil it for the sake of whatever icy truth principle (a truth I don't have). That's why I had very few disputes, but always with people claming to be telling me the truth and I never ceased to like anyway as they are.
Therefore, in generel, I like everybody and if there's someting I don't like, I tell it clearly (as such people know), concentrating on a deed or a topic in a kind enough way, maybe some irony, but not classifing and damning persons, even the ones I may believe the worst one.
Anyway You already know much about me and thereabout, so why asking it publicly?
Anyway this is about me this far, since You asked.

Morover, 2000 years ago, the most perfect human being (and a Divine Iposthasis or Person in my beliefs), came here and enrolled many unpleasant and far from perfect guys to eventually share, without any division, what cannot even be described, but certainly not any more or less noble loneliness. He was able to see where and how glimpses of God's Grace could enlight each of them, in a different way and moment.

For all the above reasons I wouldn't be part to the Universal Judgement as a member of the jury. What about You thereabout?

Dear Elfme, Your approval is always a pleasure to read. Thanks!

Dany51
02-22-2010, 12:59 AM
For all the above reasons I wouldn't be part to the Universal Judgement as a member of the jury. What about You thereabout?
You can't be judge and judged in the same time but I don't feel like discussing theology , have a great Sunday !

I am not feminist , I express my personal thoughts in most simple language in order to be understand,
I don't have the slightest intention to censor or have under control the expression of anybody on this Forum,
I just say who I am and what I think about a particular subject and what I personally don't like it,
I don't like that people make fun of me and I don't have any envy actually to make or listen to any kind of jokes or ironies, this is all .
I am not sure that you really understand what I speak about because you only look to have the advantage of the last word as other people look to have the advantage of the who speak louder and longer and faster and in the most incomprehensible way is the one who wins the nothingness...

Well, I really don't have nothing against you personally but I feel very agressed by allusions and moquery, if we keep discussing only about painting matter it would be much better.

You didn't answer to me about "tell with Ulysses in Dante", I did not understand the expression.

I repeat myself, I don't want to be provoked and I just answer to your text, that's all.
For the afterlife statement," nobody came back from there to tell exactly how is in there", I don't remember who say it but is very true.

Caesar
02-22-2010, 01:36 AM
I was thinking the painting is not like your usual compositions but the comments get me right back on earth :)

Well, this was Your own playful joke or mockery, as You wish Dany. You don't like them perhaps, but it seems You infringed this rule. I prefer it so, obviously, not too serious, otherwise You may risk to interpret wrong other people words.

Ulysses (in Dante) told to his crew: "You were not made to live as brutes, but to pursue virtue and knowledge" (in Italian obviously and I wrote it already).

Finally, about Your last statement. Common good sense for sure.
Who told it didn't came back from afterlife for sure and, obviously and evidently, is not stating any absolute truth.
Common good sense however revealed to be quite wrong in a number of cases, in physics too, and, apparently, even from a rational standpoint (and from the fundamental master of skeptical thinkers of today who changed his mind quite recently), cannot often explain rationally the reality we actually observe, its apparent laws, especially intelligent life on earth or self-awareness, as they were a matter and consequence of mere casual probability (just far too unlikely in just 15 billion of years of the Universe, logically speaking).
Moreover there are writings about Someone who caused someone else to come back and did actually come back, with quite a number of evidences, many of which occurring in our times and, curiously, mostly around that same Guy woi should thus be evidently still in action.

I like You Dany and hope You may be blessed by much joy and love, so that nothing may ever really hurt You.

Dany51
02-22-2010, 02:58 AM
I never make any mockery or joke in dialogue with you,
I used to have some jokes for a friend of mine when I was very young but is not that now, I just made an observation .
Because you did mention our mail dialog, what I remember was that I tell you that I don't like lubricity and perverts people and some other thinks like that
(I say it just because other people can get wrong ideas about our letters that You mention)

Thank you for the quote.

Strictly from my mind: men are those who destroy everything including themselves, they want power and destroy the planet,
they want intelligence and live in obscurity of the mind,
they love beautiful things but most of them are ugly inside and outside.

Don't tel me about him, he is like us and we are like him,
nonetheless,
someone who will pretend doing one of those marvelous acts,
now days, will be convicted being a fool and put in a refrigerator,
ups ..on a good conservation in the shadow of walls who symbolize the
our century wisdom.

We all live in the pain,
the only choice that we all have is the choice of for what You live and for what you suffer.

Have an excellent Sunday !

Caesar
02-22-2010, 09:22 AM
First, thank You Dany for extending the life of this thread of mine.

Well, I hope You may, according to Your wishes, enjoy Your pain then, by living and suffering for something worthwhile, if there's one in the gloom world You describe and if this is what You expect form a life I guess started to hurt You long ago and is going to end in nothing.
Whoever You addressed Your dislikes (and I don't even understand if by men You mean either mankind or male human beings), I hope it's not lubricity or perversion Dany. To re-assure anyone furtherly, our previous exchanges were more or less on the same line and You had the same noble reasons and views to express (and maybe I was supposed tobehave well).

Anyway, as for the poor madman You'd keep in a refrigerator, it looks like he was and is quite successful if He continuously got, up to now, emulators able to do do also the same marvellous acts because of Him. I wouldn't say the same of Sartre or Camus who would certainly share Your vision (or is it the contrary?).
But it looks like that there are women, just like men, who are still quite unsatisfied to enjoy what set them really free and are eager to swallow an apple which should make them believe to be like god and know anything about good and evil.

I guess You had an excellent Sunday, so I wish You all the best for the future, sincerely. I wasn't kidding at all on that.

mannafig
02-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Beautiful dear Cesare really like the warmth coming from that little window:):)

Caesar
02-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Thank You, dear Amanda! :) This Forum has been missing Your gentle presence for a while ...

Dany51
02-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Caesar, I comented on this thread because I appreciate you winter watercolor.

Now I didn't answer to your last post because you I saw a confusion and wasn't sure I can answer clearly and kindly to that.

To this words of yours:

Moreover there are writings about Someone who caused someone else to come back and did actually come back, with quite a number of evidences, many of which occurring in our times and, curiously, mostly around that same Guy woi should thus be evidently still in action.

I answered this (because I know you are a christian ):

Don't tel me about him, he is like us and we are like him,
nonetheless,
someone who will pretend doing one of those marvelous acts,
now days, will be convicted being a fool and put in a refrigerator,
ups ..on a good conservation in the shadow of walls who symbolize the
our century wisdom.

but I really did not understand your answer :

Anyway, as for the poor madman You'd keep in a refrigerator, it looks like he was and is quite successful if He continuously got, up to now, emulators able to do do also the same marvellous acts because of Him.

Are you saying that Jesus is a madman that I keep in a refrigerator ?
This came to a nonsense and there are no answers to the nonsense, only questions.

But perhaps we should not digress on this because is not the subject of the thread and also personal believes are better kept in heart then express at any moment , I am not sure is the right moment and placeto discuss about religion. Have a nice week !:)

Caesar
02-26-2010, 12:49 AM
It rather seemed that You were almost suggesting that refrigerator treatment for either Jusus or some of today's saints (say John Paul the II, Mother Teresa, Padre Pio, just to cite somehow better known) as guilty to provide "opium" to people, but it was just a sad pessimical view You shared. I'm glad You meant instead the contrary believing that wonderful, nice and deeply wise people wouldn't have success in these days, but, actually, they never did ... and, in a way they did in very surprising and unexpected ways.:)

Anyway, Dany, it doesn't really matter and You're right about letting it drop. I like very much Your artpieces, I'm not among those wonderful people (I take at least as example though) and I sincerely wish everybody may ultimately have an inner joy in front of any adversity (I can assure You that I'm not saying this easily, since I had serious enough ones also from an health standpoint, the first occurring as a little boy).

lolalot
02-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I like it, Caesar! Nice colors....:)