PDA

View Full Version : Row Of Houses

fraser_paice
02-20-2010, 05:59 AM
I was trying to do a tutorial on using the edge effect filter to do watercolours but messed up the saving of the screenshots so it will come later.

fraser_paice
02-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Thanks Rose... Tutorial is here....

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=278142#post278142

This is also how I do the bronzed effect....

Have fun!

SCP
02-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Well done mate.:)

D Akey
02-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Nice. In San Francisco they have the "Painted Ladies" many of which are similarly colored adjoining usually Victorian style buildings.

Such paint jobs give the place the feel of individuality (as much as possible for the kind of buildings you picture), and artsyness. Check out any given development area out here and you get beige. Every one of them is beige. I think the reason for that is because it's easier to sell a blank canvas I suppose, something that may or may not put off a perspective owner or tenant.

Remember the days when people actually owned a home rather than one of the biggest investments of most of their life?

So the way you colored this row of buildings says more to me than a color treatment.

Cool urbanity.

fraser_paice
02-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks people... There's plenty of beige here as well Mr D Akey... We are a crowded Island and are not fond of the apartment idea (An Englishman's house is his castle) so they pack new houses together in soulless estates, built with a one size fits all mentality....

So I always smile when I see a splash of individuality like this...

Evart
02-21-2010, 01:40 PM
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valerie
02-21-2010, 01:45 PM
I like this Neil and Thanks for the Tutorial.

Tonyjazz
02-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Really well done Fraser. The soft slope on the houses works great, makes you look at each one, kudos.............

Eileen724
02-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Simply wonderful and ever so creative, Fraser! I love this new found technique of yours and I'm so glad you are sharing it with us with a tutorial. This is really neat and I love the watercolor palette you've chosen!

elfme
02-21-2010, 10:02 PM
An excellent example of living in crowed spaces. It reminds me of how fortunate I am to have the privilege to live in the country in wide open spaces. Beautiful art work but I would not like to live there. Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.