PDA

View Full Version : I Spy the Pink Pearl

Alexandra
02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Another busy one, but had loads of fun.:o

Valerie
02-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Alexandra I like this, and I like the colors you used. Very interesting.

Juz
02-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Excellent underwater scene Alexandra coral, crabs, seahorses, fish. Love the colour choices :):)

Sketchism71
02-19-2010, 05:36 PM
I agree, the colors are fantastic in this and very complimentary! Not the average colors that come to mind for a seascape (that's what I like about it). Extremely effective and very well painted!

AT-TA
02-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Lovely color together,Alexandra, and i too spy the pearl...:)

D Akey
02-19-2010, 07:33 PM
What a strange and wondrous tactile fractal reef, filled with denizens and crisscrossing creatures challenging the seeker in quest for the pearl of great price. . . You go girlfriend!

Caesar
02-19-2010, 09:50 PM
It's another surprising marvel, dear Sandra, and You seem to have absorbed or have incorporated elements apparently influenced by Speggie's style. :eek::cool: Curious and intriguing thought ...:rolleyes::)

sabena
02-19-2010, 11:07 PM
hi Alexandra

wow wonderful scene of the sea loved:eek::D

Alexandra
02-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Valerie, Thank you. I appreciate your nice comments.:)

Juz, Thank you. I love earthy tones with a splash of bold blues.:)

Eddie, I am so happy that you liked it. You know, the crabs I drew at the last moment using watercolor brush with no liquid. It doesn't exactly balance, but I thought it would add a little fun to the spy picture, kind of cartoon mixed with other media.:)

AT, Thank you!:)

D-Akey, Thank you very much for your kind comments Sir!:)

Cesare, Thank you. You know I drew very much like Speggie in high school. I don't have his skill, but it was very close as far as the faces merging with different faces and objects. I used to decorate my book covers and some of my work was framed on the school walls during my last few years. My parents found some of it disturbing, so I didn't make it anymore. haha. They just didn't understand it. I was just having fun with different faces, expressions, and objects. Now, I am trying to get back into my own style and enjoy art again. Artrage has helped me to do that.:)

Sabena, I am so happy that you liked it, Thanks!:)

mannafig
02-20-2010, 12:24 AM
WOW Sandra this is great I love the colours:):)

Alexandra
02-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Amanda, Thanks! You know- my sister had a friend that was painting his ceiling this color. She said after it all was decorated,it was fantastic.:)

Rose, Thank you. I am happy that you enjoyed it. You know-sometimes I just want to have fun with artrage. I love doing things for the kids, even though one is grown now. Oh well, I will always call them my kids.:o:D

coops
02-20-2010, 02:51 AM
All the elements pull together great and make a wonderful picture Sandy.:)

Alexandra
02-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Thanks so much Katie!:):):):)

FireFytingNut
02-20-2010, 03:29 AM
WOW what a whimsical piece! LOL!! That is some serious reef going on there! LOL Great job

samiro
02-20-2010, 06:09 AM
nice abstract work Alexandra..

Alexandra
02-20-2010, 06:13 AM
FFN: Thank you so much! I am so happy that you enjoyed it.:)

samiro, Thank you for looking and your kind comment!:)

byroncallas
07-18-2020, 07:31 PM
Alexandria, very talented, had a good grip on so many different styles.

Alexandra
07-21-2020, 03:33 PM
Alexandria, very talented, had a good grip on so many different styles.

Dear Byron,
It is so nice to see you. Here we are ten years later from last post of this thread. Thank you for your kind reply and comment. I have been doodling with a permanent marker on canvas shoes for friends, and doodling zen designs in my sketch books. I need to drag out the digital pen soon as I have purchased the recent updated AR. Take care dear friend!

byroncallas
07-22-2020, 02:53 AM
Thank you Alexandra. Ten years, hard to believe. Got your message and will follow up shortly.
All the very best to you and your family.