PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Clown Face??

SCP
02-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi,
thought I would post this one in the main Gallery.
AR3 100% used Pencil,oil brush with high thinner,wanted to keep the underline pencil sketch.
Thanks for looking.

fraser_paice
02-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Arrrgggh!!!!.... Wow Scott I nearly hit the laptop with a baseball bat.... scary clown... grrrrrrrrrrrrr! hit it! kill it! make it go away!!!

Ummm great painting though mate....

Caesar
02-19-2010, 09:28 AM
This supports the idea that great clown are intimately sad, I'd say.
It's a gorgeous painting and a fantastic style, my dear friend!

PICASO41
02-19-2010, 09:30 AM
SCP

This is remarkable, colors, design, everything about it, love it :) :) :)

And becuase you let the underlying pencil show thru it also reminds me of something Bill Plympton would do. One of my favorite cartoonists.

Mike

Bobbyray
02-19-2010, 09:32 AM
UM, wow!

Excellent artwork. You give "sad clown" a whole new prospective with this. Great job.

Valerie
02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Wow what a painting and what a clown.

jibes
02-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Wouldn't want him at my party. Very well done!

flyashy
02-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Great one scott!
Reminds me of 'IT' by Stephen King!!

I especially love the shadow of the bowtie, very well done!!

Alexandra
02-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Scary, but excellent artwork Scott. I hope I never see a clown like that!:D

Belvrog
02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Hahaha that's plain great. That clown looks awesome Scott. "My precious" clown. :D:D:D:D

weembaman
02-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Excellent work..That truely is a sad clown...I lke the colors you chose to use...well done...:):)

speggie
02-19-2010, 02:20 PM
cool as .............:cool::cool::D:D

justjean
02-19-2010, 02:54 PM
wonderful :)

Lee
02-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Dear SCP, YIKES!! clowns are scary anytime, hope this one doesn't run for any office:rolleyes:, you are a terrific artist!!! beautiful!:)

Juz
02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
LMAO @ Fraser and Lee :D:D
Amazing work SCP... stuff of nightmares :):)

Sketchism71
02-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Well this little "funny man" looks like a bit of a tippler! He's been in the clown biz way too long! Excellent painting and craftsmanship. Love the design of his makeup and how it fades to skin tones on his body! Very cool Scott!:D:D:D

SCP
02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
fraser paice HAHAHAHA Awesome!!:D:D:D
Great reaction mate,made my day lol;):)

Caesar Spot on Dear Caesar,that was my feeling for this painting,thankyou very much.;):):)

PICASO41 Very cool comments,I didn't know of this Artist so I had a quick look,very cool style I can see your conection,thankyou kindly.:o:)

Bobbyray Thankyou so much Bobby!;)

Valerie Hey thankyou for checking out.;)

jibes Hahaha me either!I was thinking after I painted him he reminds me of "Falling Down"

flyashy Ay yes "IT" wasn't my inspiration,actually I think Sketch's "Clown Fish" was the start of this.I have so many more Clown characters I want to do!:eek:
Thanks for your comments ,appreciate it.;):)

Alexandra hehehe here I was thinkin he wasn't that scary,well compared to over things I have in the vault;):D Clowns do give me the creeps though.:eek:

Belvrog "My precious" clown" LOL :D
Very cool thought there Belvrog,thanks mate.;):)

weembaman Thankyou so much Jim,glad it made a impact.:):)

speggie Thanks mate!:):):)

justjean Thankyou ;)

Lee I agree Lee, Clowns can be very creepy,Those porcelain ones are stuff of Horror movies!:eek::eek::eek: Cheers Lee!:)

Juz LOL yes great comments,I had a great chuckle.:D Thankyou Juz.:)

Docsmith626
02-19-2010, 05:27 PM
For me, clowns come in two flavors, creepy and melancholy. This one managed both.

coops
02-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Wow boy is he scarey but very well painted. I hope he remembers I said well painted and doesnt jump out the screen at me:eek:

FireFytingNut
02-20-2010, 03:28 AM
OMGosh ROFL!

What a sad, burnt out clown!! Yeh, he's had better days, that's for sure. I think it's hilarious and a great great painting! Super job!

samiro
02-20-2010, 06:03 AM
its funny clown..even he is sad he makes people laughing..
NICE WORK

SCP
02-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Well this little "funny man" looks like a bit of a tippler! He's been in the clown biz way too long! Excellent painting and craftsmanship. Love the design of his makeup and how it fades to skin tones on his body! Very cool Scott!:D:D:D
Oh no sorry Sketch must of missed your comments while posting,with the timeout etc
Thanks Eddie I was trying to get the makeup fade to skin look and also messy thin makeup in places.Hehehe and your right this guy is way past being a clown,but with his features he is trapped into this work.Also I mentioned before your Clownfish inspired me to do some Clown subject matter ,so thanks mate;):):):)

Docsmith626 Wow great comments thankyou!:)

coops Hehehe I'm sure your safe.;):)

FireFytingNut Great reply FireFytingNut,really glad to read your reactions,thankyou for your feedback,I appreciate it!:)

samiro Thankyou, glad you like him;)

Lima
02-20-2010, 12:30 PM
For me, clowns come in two flavors, creepy and melancholy. This one managed both.:p:p:p

Great clown SC.

AT-TA
02-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Maybe he swallowed something up what made him so blue... very good picture, SCP:).

byroncallas
02-20-2010, 08:02 PM
Scott, beautiful work. I really don't find him scary - more I find him deeply deeply sad - sort of more true to the notion of a sad clown - though maybe here we should say really really really sad clown with a deep bitterness to boot. Powerful image. Arresting to say the least.

Evart
02-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Whoa, I wouldn't want this clown at my birthday party...he'd scar away the kids and the dog! LOL Excellent job!

Alexandra
02-21-2010, 04:46 AM
Scott, I wanted to say how much I love your new avatar. That is adorable!:)

FireFytingNut
02-21-2010, 04:50 AM
LOL SCP :) you bet! I had a hearty chuckle when I saw this!

When AT-TA mentioned him swallowing something to make him blue, I got a visual of the blueberry girl in Charley and the Chocolate Factory. LOL If this poor clown starts blowin up into a ball shape, we'll know I'm right! haha!

SCP
02-21-2010, 10:06 AM
orianelima Cheers mate!;)

AT-TA Hahaha..yer maybe?:eek:Thankyou kindly.:)

byroncallas G'day Byron how you been?
You always seem to be on the same wave length,thankyou so much for your support.:):):)

Evart Hehehe no I don't he would suit any kids party lol Thankyou Evart.;)

Alexandra Thankyou so much Sandra ,you might remember him from HERE (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7959&catid=member&imageuser=5962)

FireFytingNut Oh Mate that brings back memories what a Classic movie ,I so enjoyed when the loud mouth girl turned into a giant Blueberry!!:D Thanks again.;)

sabena
02-21-2010, 10:25 AM
hi SCP

I see this painting in the gallery and i love this:rolleyes::D

SCP
02-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey Sabena,thankyou very much;)
If anyone is interested I put the sketch for this guy HERE (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26313&page=10)

ENCHANTER
02-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Wonderful painting. Ive been looking at some of your other stuff and what a wide range and a wide imagination!!:D

SCP
02-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Thankyou ENCHANTER.:)