PDA

View Full Version : Exploration Starship

Caesar
02-18-2010, 11:41 PM
This is not my genre, but my admiration towards space art of Ray, alien lanscape of Ailaya and the stunning spaceships and paintings of Andrea (still waiting eagerly for Your promised PDF), launched me in this adventure taking between two or three hours.
It's imaginary on essentially three layers and two intermediate mixed ones.
I didn't start with a palette or picked colours, just fixed the two suns colours and tried to make their light rays impinge on the scene.
Previous steps on the WIPs section.

Alexandra
02-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Wow Cesare, this is great!:)

uuderzo
02-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Independently of the subject you work on, I love the way you deal with watercolors. This painting has a pioneer taste :)

coops
02-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Superb painting Cesare. great work again:)

samiro
02-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Its not your genre, but it finish great...I LIKE IT and interesting about the methode..

mannafig
02-19-2010, 01:49 AM
well I guess that you really can do anything this looks great:):)

Andrea
02-19-2010, 01:52 AM
I't a lovely painting, Caesar! Even if there are perspective issues the lighting is very well done -- squeezing the eyes while looking at it shows that the overall contrast and values are working great, and doing it may give you suggestions on how to improve the perspective (I do that often when painting, but not often enough lol). Thanks for sharing :)

Valerie
02-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Wow what a fabulous painting. Dear Caesar you are someone to emulate. Your paintings are very beautiful and striking in every way.

FireFytingNut
02-19-2010, 05:05 AM
EXCELLENT work! LOVE the 3d effect of the ship and rocks! Nice job!

jbyrjbyr1
02-19-2010, 05:07 AM
Nicely done, Caesar...you've done the WIP great justice in the completion of this. (I've had few opportunities to explore the forum lately and just saw your postings there and here.) I especially like the texture of the landscape beneath the ship...it has an otherworldly feel. Well done.:)

Caesar
02-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Thank You very much, dear friends, for our appreciation of this blitz in the sci-fi theme.

I'm sure I could do something a little better than this half experimental piece from an high speed drawing, including the perspective, as correctly observed by Andrea, a real master with such paintings (thanks a lot).
Actually I didn't use any kind of 3D programs or even too long design and graphical building rules I know, but accurately avoid ...:D
I tend to just make recourse to free hands and mind for any kind of body 3-axes rotations, so I'm fundamentally error-prone (curiously less when I deal with feminine bodies than with brand new hypersonic landing vehicles ...:rolleyes::D:p)

Lee
02-19-2010, 05:16 AM
Dear Caesar, this fantastic painting reminds me of the opening scene from Planet of the Apes when the sleeping astronauts aircraft plumets to earth into a lake, exciting painting!!! good job!:)

FireFytingNut
02-19-2010, 05:17 AM
LOL Lee! I promise I'm not stalking you! You've been leaving replies that just get me thinking! :)

That is SO true about Planet of the Apes! Great observations on this art Lee!

Ailaya
02-19-2010, 05:22 AM
I'm so pleased to see such an exploration from you dearest Caesar, this genre certainly fits your unique and creative style! I love the colors used in this painting, they work beautifully with the subtle doses of light you incorporated; makes this ship much more mysterious, in addition to the land it is surveying. I could see it hovering over some of my planets that's for sure ;):)

Lee
02-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Dear Fire, must be the time of day we are checking on our friends;):)

kev2grey
02-19-2010, 07:29 AM
wonderful work Caesar.:)

jibes
02-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Good job Caesar! Excellent colors and setting.

fraser_paice
02-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Excellent, tasteful and very much a Caesar painting!

Caesar
02-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Dear Lee, I saw bits and pieces of that movie long ago, so, in a way I saw it all. I can't recollect too much but the ape's-like actors aspects.
A great one, anyway. Thanks a lot!

Thank You, dear FireFytingNut and don't worry about stalkingme; I'm not afraid, especially if You're a lady ...:D

Dearest Ailaya, now that I know how to evocate You in this Forum again, I'll try to go on with such a genre!;):) I'll thus new machines and aircrafts appropriately designed to hover or even land on Your enchanting planets (I hope You will soon post again).;):D Here I tried to figure out how lights and shadows would work at dawn in a planet orbiting around two suns, a closer yellow-orange one and a blue one more distant. I should probably try to check with a 3D program to see if I guessed right enough. Thank You!

Glad to receive Your encouraging appreciation, dear Kev2grey! Thanks a lot!

Dear Jibes, I'm happy You're back and probably Your warm and colourful palettes unconsciously contributed to such a vision. Thank You!

Dear F_P, many heartfelt thanks! Next time, for such type of works,maybe I'd pick a Frazetta painting palette and keep into its combinations.
Thank You!

sabena
02-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Caesar

I like very much this type of painting and this is very well done :) Oh i forgot :cool: i like also your new avatar:D

SCP
02-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Nice job Caesar,I like your Avatar too;):)

Rick
02-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Very Nice Caesar.. Taking on any passengers?

Bobbyray
02-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Caesar,

man your battleship.....I am coming for ya chuckie! You saw my Planet Cruiser.....battle ready too.... hehe

Ok, seriously this is just awsome! congrats! Very well done.

Caesar
02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
I was always conscious of the uniform charm for a lady, dear Sabena, so I got once more the confirmation ...:D I should then think to an additional Avatar frame in space-admiral spacesuit ... before we have the forthcoming meeting ;)... herein I mean.:p
Thank You!:)

Dear SCP, Alkratzer gave me the right tip to better represent my Gemini nature in this Avatar (a quadruple raher then double personality, actually).
Thank You for approving it! Pls be ionformed that, should I need some of those mult-iorganism, huge, planetary-size monsters, I'll send You a request.

You're very much welcome on board, dear Rick! I had exactly the intention to head the spaceship towards a group of planets where vineyards seems to grow magnificently for the finest red wines! ;):D:)

Your blessing on a space cadet like me, dear master BobbyRay is most appreciated and I'm glad I joined the space-art-party!
This event deserves to uncork a red .... super-giant I'd say or a super-nouveau (Beaujolais?;a super-novello would be the corresponding Italian wine type)!:D
Thank You!

alkratzer
02-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Caesar,

Nice job on this. I had been thinking lately that the Sci-Fi genre was in need of more practitioners who were willing to stylize the standard realism and incorporate other approaches.
Andrea's lively brushwork and interesting compositions are one solution to breaking the standard mold.
This feels like you are working in a space (pun intended) between realism and impressionism to me. I like it a lot.

Juz
02-19-2010, 04:14 PM
The colour is drop dead gorgeous. I think you've shown more than once that anything you put your talent to is your genre Caesar :):)

SCP
02-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Dear SCP, Alkratzer gave me the right tip to better represent my Gemini nature in this Avatar (a quadruple raher then double personality, actually).
Thank You for approving it! Pls be ionformed that, should I need some of those mult-iorganism, huge, planetary-size monsters, I'll send You a request.

Thankyou for your Avatar meaning;) Also request away for any monsters I might have in my vault;)

Sketchism71
02-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I didn't see your WIP on this (on my way now) but this is a fantastic painting especially not being your typical style or subject. The colors are fantastic and it really captures a sci fi fantasy. Very well done Caesar!:D:D:D

Caesar
02-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Thank You, dear Alcratzer! You're right about the space of this one. I also had in mind other approaches to Sc-fi departing even more heavily from realisms along other routes. I'll see what I can do thereabout, maybe next week ...

This time I refrained a little bit from using them all picking them before each stroke just by vague ideas and intuitions, dear Juz.
I tried to keep my palette (without fixing any) within the two suns (yellow-orange and blue) lighting and shading/ shadows colours or, at least, what I guessed which effects, the interplay of these two different light sources, might provide (without any 3D programs calculations).

Thank you, dear SCP! In case I would provide You in advance an idea and information on the natural environment Your monsters should fit and the relevant life-cycle ...:D

Dear Sketch, i tried to think to how a planet should look like mixing both exotic features and possibilities to be adapted through reasonble efferts settled. Moreover I still remember of my youth sci-fi passion and series of Urania and other ones (I still keep home). Urania was practically the Italian version of Astounding Sci-Fi or something like that in US (with Asimov, bradbury, Ballard etc.) Thank You!

sabena
02-19-2010, 10:54 PM
[quote=Caesar;277752]I was always conscious of the uniform charm for a lady, dear Sabena, so I got once more the confirmation ...:D I should then think to an additional Avatar frame in space-admiral spacesuit ... before we have the forthcoming meeting ;)... herein I mean.:p
Thank You!:)

I think that you Caesar can also create the avatar of Admiral of the spacecraft. I think it will be spectacular:rolleyes::D

Caesar
02-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Dear Sabena, I'll see what I can do ...

waheednasir
02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
i really like how it all has been arranged, the way the ship enters the frame. good job mate..:).

Ray
02-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Awesome Loved It!!

Caesar
02-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Thank You very much, dear Waheed!
I should still improve sensibly painting fully imaginary scenes without any specific and visual clue, especially some tasty scenarios, but I start having some good enough composition fundamentals ...

I'm really pleased it meets Your appreciation, dear Ray. Thank You very much!