PDA

View Full Version : A Moment of Revelation - AN UPDATE

Lima
02-17-2010, 06:37 AM
A Moment of Revelation this title was inspired by Sean Scully words, see DAkey thread (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27452).

An abstract study on blending colors and light.

I hope you all like it.:)

Alexandra
02-17-2010, 08:08 AM
I always love the textures and colors that you choose Oriane!:)

Valerie
02-17-2010, 08:12 AM
oriane this is terrific and I like all the colors and tecture.

SCP
02-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey Oriane these colours really pop off the screen! Very Vibrant and this painting would look great up on a large wall.:):):)

Lima
02-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Rose, Alexandra, Valerie SC thank you really very much. :):):):)

I'm adding one more abstract.

Sketchism71
02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Beautiful images Oriane!

barnburner
02-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Wow - that woke me up!! Great job!

Docsmith626
02-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Both of these make me think of Carnival.

AT-TA
02-17-2010, 08:48 PM
One more Oriane and we start a party.... of colors... everybody must wear your choice of colors...wow... i cannot wait...:):):):)

coops
02-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Great paintings dear Oriane, wonderful colours and textures:)

Lima
02-18-2010, 03:42 AM
Sketch, Barnburner, Doc, AT, Coops, thank you all very much.

I'm adding the analysis of these images, made in the Whats Its Color: SEE THE LINK HERE (http://whatsitscolor.com/)

Whats its color is an image-color processing utility that will evaluate an image and give you the image's primary and complementary dominant colors of an image.

sabena
02-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Oi Oriane

Estive a experimentar uma das minhas pinturas para ver as cores predominantes e achei interessante este estudo de cores, muito obrigada por nos mostrares estes links.:D

I was experiencing one of my paintings to see the predominant colors and found this interesting study of colors, thank you for showing us these links:D

D Akey
02-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Orianelima, these are most commendable. I am delighted to observe your personal willingness to take on the new as soon as a different idea becomes known to you, while it's fresh. I believe there is a great value in that because it is the moment of first insight, first impression, before the mind can categorize it into the 'known'. Thus it has a way to present itself in the most fresh way possible, without being 'colored' by how the artist already thinks, employing the ideas one is already comfortable with.

Plus, seeing that you were using a notion wherein the key words are "all at once", that is a notion where analysis in advance might actually impede the creative process. . . in this case only.

There are many implications possible when one hears something so open to interpretation. And therein lies the joy of surprise.

I think this is quite intriguing where you have gone with this idea. A color statement is very intriguing. And that you were able to then take it farther, and seek out points of analysis that have lead you into some interesting new (to me anyway) areas. I never thought there would be a program that could analyze color by dominance and so on.

Thank you. I am intently following your work, suspecting the vastness of your artistic awareness. You approach it scientifically without the need to use the rigors of medicine. You can make vast leaps quickly, and the only important things are your process and any given painting. We still live in Time. But the constriction of Time can be pushed and manipulated, internally and externally.

Bravo!!!! :):):):):):):):):):)

SCP
02-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Great idea Oriane and thankyou for the insight and link.

flyashy
02-18-2010, 09:56 AM
:eek:
Great painting Oriane, and brilliant link!!
Thanks so much for sharing!!

Lima
02-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Sabena, DAkey, SC, Fly thank you really very much.
Akey, thank you very much.:)

Caesar
02-18-2010, 11:57 PM
What a marvellous Carnival of colours!

Sketchism71
02-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Absolutely brilliant Oriane! Great application!

jibes
02-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the link. This is very geeky but valuable info. Good abstracts. Your a pro!

Evart
02-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Awesome masterpiece Orian!

justjean
02-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Another wonderful painting of colour and texture

Lima
02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Caesar, Sketch, Jibes (great music:):eek:), Evelyn, Jean Thank you very much.

In this study, I used primary colors and a non-uniform mixture of secondary colors. Interestingly, the Whatsitscolor showed a lot of colors, as can you see in the pictures. Certainly tertiary colors and more ... Thank you for your comments.