PDA

View Full Version : All back Issues ArtRageUS Magazine

Pages : [1] 2

Bobbyray
02-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Hi all you Ragers,

NOTICE: April 1 2012 (not an April Fools gag)
http://artrageus.net/

ArtRageUS Magazine is no longer being published on a monthly basis but are every 3 months, see the website for details on dates. The website is open and all PDFs Magazine Issues and the YUDU link for our flip page magazine are there. Enjoy folks. ;):)

For all Issues 2010-2012

:eek:;)

BobbyRay

Sunflower
02-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Hi Bobby Ray,

I'm sorry to hear that you had all that extra work. Thank you for all your efforts in making this magazine, and I'm looking forward to it.

Regarding file hosting, I've seen people host files on MediaFire, which seems to be free. I don't have any experience using it myself, so maybe someone on this forum can chime in? Its website is at http://www.mediafire.com/

Regards,

Sunflower

cranach09
02-17-2010, 01:51 AM
Good idea but the Google link don't work. Did you set set visibility checkboxes right?

cranach09
02-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Good work :)

cranach09
02-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Also thank you from me to all the people who made this issue - a really great thing

Bobbyray
02-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Rose,

Thanks so much.... it works great. Everyone can read it online or download it now from that link......

BRAY

Bobbyray
02-17-2010, 02:31 AM
Ahhhhh relief. It is done and out now in the E-World.. All of our hard work and sacrifices have paid off and now the Ragers have thier own
E-Magazine Issue 1.

I would like to say a few things to all readers and users of artrage.

We the Team of ARTRAGEus E-Magazine have made something great for you. An E-Magazine that includes you as an artist, teacher or simply an artist that would like to see their art on the pages of a magazine. This is an opportunity for you to take advantage of and to use for future references as to tutorials especially. In time as the issues come out these tutorials can be be read from your computer without even being online.

We will be announcing soon the new methods of submissions and how we will be conducting this E-Magazine. Life is full of hardships and problems as we have experienced in our lives and we all know they can be overcome by a great working organized Team and ARTRAGEus has one. We are also going to be adding volunteer staff soon. Interviews will be conducted by the entire Team for approval. If you have experience in Openoffice, adobe Acrobat or Photoshop, please contact me directly and I will set up the interview.

Well, we hope you all have a great day and enjoy your free copy of ARTRAGEus E-Magazine. Next months Issue will be out on the 15th and anyone sending a pdf page/s please send it to me directly at;
[email protected]

Note; you can send it in when it is ready for editing and proofing...please....don't wait.. so we have time to work on all the pages. The absolute deadline for all submissions is the 7th of each month.

We will keep you all informed.

Bobby Ray Howle Editor ARTRAGEus E-Magazine
The TEAM:
Eileen724 IrishRose Brandogrey

coops
02-17-2010, 02:44 AM
I'VE READ IT, I'VE READ IT, congratulations to everyone concerned. Its awesome. Thank you all for giving us this wonderful magazine.:):):):):)

Sunflower
02-17-2010, 02:50 AM
Rose, your Google Docs idea is sheer brilliance... it works perfectly! Thank you to everyone who made the magazine!

haakoo
02-17-2010, 04:10 AM
Might I ask with which program the pdf was created?
It doesn't look crisp and the fonts are hard to read.

Hans

Bobbi
02-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Well done! The magazine will only improve with time. Thank you everyone for all the hard work that has gone into publishing the magazine. There are so many topics that can be foreseen for the magazine. Art Rage has been a truly amazing program, but the addition of the forums and now this magazine is pretty heady stuff. It is exciting to see the beginning of another Art Rage "goodie". :):)

ScottF
02-17-2010, 06:11 AM
Congratulations to all involved in this great first edition!

Dany51
02-17-2010, 06:11 AM
I read it too , good start, I am sure it will be better in the future .
Good idea with Google Docs .:):):):)

Bobbyray
02-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Hello All you Ragers,

Well it is a great day! We have succeded in publishing our first ARTAGEus E-Magazine. Thank you for all the kind comments...we do appreciate them and we look forward to our next Issue.

A little info for those who have not read the posts and/or the E-Mag (letter from the editor) We at first decided to use a jpg format (now low quailty images in pdf) because of the website we were going to use Spotbit.com which disappeared off the net just as I was going to publish it. The reason we were doing it this way was simply because of the fact that all ragers did not have a pdf writer program and we needed them to make their own pages. SO, we redid it all at the last moment and converted it all to a pdf format in a frenzy. Sorry but this is the first issue bear with us as we now roll on to all pdf pages and a more professional E_Magazine. We have found a nice Free pdf writer program www.openoffice.org (http://www.openoffice.org) for any rager that needs one now so everyone can make their own pdf pages. We will be releasing details soon for those interested. We are also here to assist you as needed to answer any questions as to your page/s when you are making one.

Thanks to all the Ragers for your interest and support of ARTRAGEus E-Magazine! We hope to recieve your feedback on the E-Magazine, good or bad for future improvements.

Bobby Ray Howle Editor ARTRAGEus E-Magazine and the TEAM!

The TEAM; Eileen724...........Irishrose.........Brandogrey

Lima
02-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Bob:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: congratulations:eek::eek::eek: very nice indeed.

Rose congratulations:eek::eek::eek:

Very nice, very nice.

justjean
02-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Congratulations it looks great I have it d/l, read and burned to a disc to save :D

Andrea
02-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks for your work people, it was so nice to finally take a look at the magazine :)

I would propose to create a sticky thread that will contain links to the single threads of the magazine issues, so that with a single sticky thread we can keep track of all issues :P

kenmo
02-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the link to the PDF... I downloaded the mag... It looks quite good....

Bobbyray
02-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks Andrea,

We appreciate your comments and yes we feel the same. It was a long haul to go from an idea to reality but now we have it and can see the future. So sorry the mag does not look as clean as it should but we did what we had to do at the time and change it all again due to bad circumstances that we encountered along the way. It was basically just a starting point anyway. From now on, it will be much more professional.

Thanks again!

BRAY

Bobbyray
02-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks Kenmo,

That means a lot to me and the entire TEAM! We did the best we could and we will be better organized and structured now for all future issues......

Thanks again and we hope it serves you well.

BRAY

Valerie
02-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Congratulation to all, what a great job you all did. Loved reading it.

Stimpy
02-17-2010, 10:08 AM
I've a google account too. That means additional 1024Mb Storage
space for a lot of E-Mags:) If someone want me to publish the
next E-Mags please drop me a note:)
IrishRose and Andrea a sticky thread would be a very good idea for this
project.
Andy can you create a sticky thread for the E-Mags, please?:)

Bobbyray
02-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks much Valerie and we are so glad you enjoyed it...It is a small issue but now that we are in all PDF mode.....the doors are open.

We will be kickin the tires and lighting the fires!

ARTRAGEus isn't it?

Thanks again!
BRAY and the ARTRAGEus E-Magazine staff

Bobbyray
02-17-2010, 10:12 AM
Thanks Stimpy

You da man! We will be in touch.....

Thanks again!

BRAY

byroncallas
02-17-2010, 10:15 AM
BobbyRay, congratulations on getting this out the door. A wonderful accomplishment of enthusiasm and commitment. If your current posting site doesn't work out, let me know. You are welcome to use my 4-share account for downloads if you need it. Works great.

Again, congratulations.

Bobbyray
02-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Byron,

Thanks so much....it was a real fight beginning to the end.....but I never gave up the pursuit and challenges we faced. They were many and now it all seems like a dream come true. Your offer is most kind and I will be in touch with you if it is needed. I am looking into another possible option now. Really, I would just like to get some sleep....wo. hehe

The volunteer (ragers) staff at ARTRAGEus E-Magazine THANK YOU!

Bobby Ray Howle Editor

LogicsHere
02-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Loved the first issue; especially the tutorial on the modified presets. This is the type of thing I'd like to see as it helps one pick up fast on how to use the program.

Also, in creating your magazine, if anyone has Microsoft Word 2007 and you use that to create your magazine, it might help ease the file size. Text files when .pdf,d are small and you can compress images in Microsoft Word 2007 down to 200 pixels yet maintain great quality in a .pdf. I had a 47 page report filled with pictures with a file size of over 44MBs. I compressed the images and it brought it down to under 4MB.

I also took the current issue and using Adobe Acrobat brought it down to 1.9MB. So there are alternatives to keeping the file size smaller.

My time is extremely limited as I work full-time, manage a couple of personal websites and have an elderly mother who is beginning to cause problems for my sister and I, but if I can help in any way, let me know.

haakoo
02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Rose & BobbyRay,great work on the magazine
I didn't mean to be negative about the pdf quality but thought i'd ask.
Keep up the good work.

Hans

Flynn_the_Cat
02-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Might I ask with which program the pdf was created?
It doesn't look crisp and the fonts are hard to read.

Hans

Yeah, that's because most of them were jpegs and quite small - you have to zoom out a bit...

Bah. I can't get over all the typos I made...

It was very interesting to read - looking forward to the next one!

haakoo
02-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Rose,

Just call me Hans,yes just like our Belgium friend :)

Hans

Eileen724
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I am glad that Bobbyray and Rose we're able to come together and get this first e-mag out for all to view! Congrats to you two! Great idea...Rose...I have a Google account but I had no idea about Google Docs...!!! I guess you want your big box of Godiva chocolate back, huh? Too bad...it's mine and I've eaten it already!!!

I want to take this time to thank all who participated in this first issue. Flynn, Jonwood and Stimpy....your articles were awesome and the creative way you laid it out was just so neat! I only wish for your sakes that the quality of the pages were better but due to our Spotbit nightmare, we had to go with the JPEG files as they were since we were literally down to the wire of getting the e-mag out by the deadline. I can only hope that you will want to contribute again for any future issues. Great job to all three of you!!!

Next, I want to say thanks to Rose, who at the last minute, proofread my interview article before it going out. It was much appreciated. Thanks as well for acknowledging me for my efforts with getting the e-mag into the PDF format. Due to the Spotbit crisis, I was able to get some of the articles redone using OpenOffice (the Interview, Letter from the Editor and TonyJazz's painting pages) instead of the JPEG format. Otherwise, these pages would have been blurry, too! But mostly, Rose, I want to thank you for your undying support and enthusiasm for us getting this e-mag out. It is priceless and so appreciated...thanks, my dear Rosie!!!

Thanks, too, to Tony who allowed us to have him be our first featured artist. Your work is beautiful and speaks for itself!!!

And now for Bray....Bobbyray....thanks, thanks, and more thanks for sharing your wonderful dream with all of us - the ARTRAGEus e-mag! Your enthusiasm, humor, good-will, energy, support and your never-ending desire is what made this happen! Congrats to you and I was happy to be along with you for the ride to help make it happen. You were a blessing and a delight to work with on this first issue and provided many laughs along the way - gotta love that Texan sense of humor!!!

Tonyjazz
02-17-2010, 02:37 PM
This was a great beginning to something very special for ARtrage. This can only get better. Thanks for allowing my art to be involved, it is an honor.....................TJ

Sketchism71
02-17-2010, 04:50 PM
BRAAAAVOOOOOO! You guys did an AWESOME job! Great read and wonderful to see it all put together! Congrats and thank you all for the hard work that went into this!:D:D:D

amberstorm2265
02-17-2010, 09:12 PM
just wanted to say a WELL DONE and THANK YOU to all those who made the magazine possible.

nice mix of info and inspiration.

screenpainter
02-18-2010, 02:14 AM
very cool. humble beginnings but great energy that will hopefully carry it far into the future. congrats to everyone working on the project!

Bobbyray
02-19-2010, 02:23 AM
Hi all you Ragers

We at ARTRAGEus are busy busy getting our juggling act together...whew.

We have decided to redo the entire Feb Issue as a professional mag looks.
We are all artists and as we add those Ragers with experience...and we are, we will have a very professional E-Magazine that you can add to your digital library or print it out for a hard copy.. this is handy. We will let you know where to pick up the new redone copy soon.

Also, it is time to start submitting your PDF pages (only) as you get them ready so we can start proofing and editing them. Please send them to me directly here;
[email protected]
Also if you need help......with your submissions or??
RE: ARTRAGEus Submission March (and add your screenname please.)

We thank you for your interest and submissions......
We at ARTRAGEus are all excited and looking forward to serving you the Rager! Please note that we are all Volunteers because we care!

Bobby Ray Howle Editor and Chief ARTRAGEus E-Magazine and the Team

Mike Severoff
02-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Hello
I would like to make some offers on magazine release.
I do not know how to use the English language (which I do not know) observe humanitarian policy, so I will tell by the own words.
If such proposals were already - please excuse me.
If the proposals are inconsistent with the policy of the magazine - please excuse me.
So...
I caught myself thinking that I do not expect the next issue of the magazine.
Because I just do not know what to expect. Will it be interesting? About what?
Do I want to increase internet traffic?
-Everything written below, no one discussed, is a private opinion (the author understands that it is mildly amusing).

0)I take off my hat to the great enthusiasm of the publishing team. Your initiative is great and genuine respect.
I am sure that eventually you will reach the highest quality publications!
1)It would be good if the magazine is a monthly review of the best on the forum.
- Not everyone can every day to roam the forum and read _all_ articles. It would be interesting to know what happened
per month: they discuss, what projects are being prepared, new opportunities, tip & tricks etc.
2)As a bonus - two or three interviews with popular (or vice versa - mysterious)person and/or history of creation of a picture.
3)The best picture in gallery on monthly results (but for this purpose it is necessary to make possible the voting mechanism in gallery)
4)lessons (with instructions of level of complexity)
5)For the publication it is not necessary to demand from authors of their nameplate data if they do not specify it
6)Must find the best and most in accordance with the copyright forum:
a) notify the author that his article will be published in the journal (you want to add / fix?)
or b) ask for permission to publish the material.

Thus, the magazine would benefit community and gained credibility.
Yes, it is hard work - choose the best and worthy to publish.
If you think I'm wrong - tell me about it.

ps. again: the author understands that it is mildly amusing :)
pps. in addition, we can reflect on the assessment of the journal itself. For paid publication readers vote on their coins...

shareware, Foxit PDF Creator (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/creator/)
free, PDF Creator (http://www.freepdfcreator.org/) + on sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/)
free, doPDF (http://www.dopdf.com/)
tutorial (http://www.word-to-pdf.com/), word 2 pdf

Bobbyray
02-20-2010, 02:31 AM
McKlay,

Thanks so much for your interest in ARTRAGEUS E-Magazine. we are currently having meetings on these very topics....which way to proceed. I will forward your ideas and suggestions to the Team and get back with you soon. Thanks and yes you are right.

NOTE: ARTRAGEUS needs some part-time helpers. This is your emag and we hope that the ragers get involved with it. We are trying our best to make this a huge success but without rager support...... we will struggle through somehow. We are here for you.

Thanks again McKlay and I will get back to you soon.
Thank to all of the ragers whom have supported and volunteered to assist with this Magazine.

We will be making an announcement soon

Thanks much
Bobby Ray Howle and the ARTRAGEUS Team!

Mike Severoff
02-20-2010, 03:01 AM
This is your emag and we hope that the ragers get involved with it...
Dear Bobbyray, those whom you call "ragers", give you great content.
But the magazine - your. And your choice, your responsibility.
We already have one collective cafe - this forum..
No?
Maybe I just do not understand the idea because of my own problems?
Sorry, that distracts ..

Bobbyray
02-20-2010, 06:59 AM
McKlay

Thanks again for your input. Yes we do have to consider that the ragers may not be able to take the time to assist or contribute anything to the E-Mag. I do feel that they will read it though. WE HOPE. The Feb Issue will be redone for the archives when we have the time and it will be announced.

Either way yes, it is my baby and responsibility to provide the best E-Magazine possible and I will see to it that that occurs.

Our first E-Mag was a production nightmare as you have heard perhaps. We are building this as we go, so ragers know what is going on. Things change and situations occur that force us to make changes immediately and they mean a lot of extra work for a skeleton crew of staff.

This mag was intended to be an organized mag for the ragers by the ragers. Not a full time job for me and the team. We do not get paid anything for all of our hard work and efforts nor did we expect to. That is the way we accepted to do it. Things change... we will see. If we do not get the support from the (busy with their own lives) ragers we need, we may have to goto another way of doing it..

Right now we are hanging in there and trying to decide what is easiest for the ragers and us to handle the Mag.. we have many options to consider.

This weekend I will make an announcement as to our current decisions and the future of ARTRAGEUS.

What do the ragers want? I would like to know and will ask them this weekend in the post...... there so many ways to go. we are in the development stages now and well thats a lot of work in itself. Our main concern is...how to make it easy for the busy ragers. We are trying our best to come up with a solution.

So Ragers please forgive us if we are not professional enough or organized enough. We have come a long way since december with nothing but my IDEA. I think.

See ya later and thanks again
BRAY [email protected]

Bobbyray
02-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Ahhhhhh Rose,

Hey I thought you were on an assignment......relaxing and the beach! A margarita and hubbie.....hehe

Yes we can and we will slowly succeed as we progress forward!

I have no problems only solutions!

That is my way of life.

Mike Severoff
02-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Hello, Bobbyray!
I will present his doctrine from the standpoint of my favorite of the Communist Party:

You come up with a magazine's not because of that everyone was talking to you "Thank you, Bobbiray! Thank you!"
-You want to make useful for all.
We think so (I.V. Stalin).
Now you are complaining of difficulties in the preparation issue.
This is my surprise, because you do not have the production schedule and you yourself are free to decide everything.
Ask for - and we can help! (Incidentally, I would like to see in your Editorial Board 'D Akey' & 'Byroncallas')
Do action!
Stalin , Moscow, Cremlin 19:34 MSK

/ Communists of USSR/
We'll even help with money, if it will be interesting

Bobbyray
02-21-2010, 08:25 AM
McKlay,

Thanks much...... hehe you da Man my friend!
Please Allow me to explain some.

"I will present his doctrine from the standpoint of my favorite of the Communist Party:"

Is Stalin still there? I dunno, I have been on a little island so long. hehe

Sorry I have no tendencies to such ways...Stalinistic ??? NOT me Bro!

"You are complaining of difficulties in the preparation issue."

Allow me to enlighten you some....
A fact is a fact. A Complaint is a disagreement voiced against something or someone.

It was Not a complaint.....but a fact.
I did say; our intended host site was not useable and thus we had issues getting it out on time and that we needed a host site ( I was asking for ragers help). As it turned out we were only 1 day late. I was responsible enough to the ragers to explain (the facts) WHY.. so they understood. I am up front and honest about it all.

We are very busy designing and developing the mag and that is a lot of work and long hours everyday for me and the Volunteers that have agreed to help make this mag work for us all. AGAIN I say......ArtRageus mag is FOR AND BY RAGERS. Many ragers have given their ideas and yes we had many. I have considered them all and discussed them with the entire team and WE have come up with a basic format for the Ragers submissions. They can do a page/s on what they want to and it will be in the magazine. Does that sound STALIN style? I don't think so....The team each have their own departments to handle and provide the necessay work. The department managers are in charge and control of their own department. Otherwise we would all be tripping over each other.

I also have my duties to do and oversee the mag so it is going smoothly. The Team is absolutely just super great and we have a lot of fun too....we get the job done...bottom line and on time if at all possible. The net has problems all over the world and we all just have to deal with that reality.

We did ask for help from all the ragers from the very beginning and continue to do so. The Mag is theirs. NOT mine or anyones. It was my idea and the ragers have brought it to life for them all to use and enjoy with many sacrifices on my end as well as the ragers that have decided to help out now and in the future. The mag is s product of us all.

If any Ragers feel that they do not want to or are uncomfortable because of bad english to participate by submitting pages....it is their right and choice....no worries at all. You know this to be true.
We hope that THEY ENJOY reading a free copy and that is is useful in their library!

Well, I hope that you understand what is really going on here now. We hope that you submit a page/s for the mag at anytime. We look forward to it.

I hope that anyone volunteers any time they can....life is busy for all people escecially artists. We offer small simple assignments too.

MONEY????/ Yes we could use about 10 billion. that should get us rollin.
Then we can do hard copies and and and.... a big worldwide party!
ARTRAGEers Ball in Moscow! 2011 (at your house). 5 million of us.+/-
um I think you will need a bigger mansion Michael!

Ok, really....um perhaps someday...thanks! We are all VOLUNTEERS! we have no overhead to pay for. as yet. If anyone simply wants or insists to make a donation to the entire team....go here for it.... and thanks. The mag is always forever FREE. [email protected]

We love you, your art and we are comrades in ArtRage! You da Man!

Thanks for your honesty and opinions as always Michael!
BRAY

Mike Severoff
02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
All greetings!
Bobbyray, I have thought that should apologise before you for the my silly messages.
I simply idiot and is impossible for me to act in a decent society.
My wife - a saintly woman, because she lives with me.
I just will be post pictures and listen clever people.
Once again, excuse me.
Let the luck will come to you!

Mike Severoff
02-23-2010, 02:35 AM
Please do contribute to our discussions!
Thank you, Rose. Now append (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=279428&posted=1#post279428),
and I will take on a vow of silence at 3 months - so at first think, then write.
Not order to make me rude, please do not bother me until 22.05 .

Mike Severoff
02-23-2010, 02:51 AM
but I am not a fan of Marilyn Manson's...
I'm too :)

Help me to understand.
first think, then write

ps. Do not make me impolite. I asked you about it.

Bobbyray
02-23-2010, 03:38 AM
Hi all,

A Question for you....what does any of this have to do with ArtRageus Emag?
This post and threads are only meant to be for the mag.......thanks much!
Please feel free to use our PM system for all personal messages.

BRAY

Mike Severoff
02-23-2010, 03:42 AM
And do nothing.
We have a saying. Literally: "Eyes of fear, hands - make".
Must do.

ps.As a vow to me not putting my priest, but I myself
- I can barely change the terms.
But the 23rd just can not speak. until 23 May.

LPBaker
02-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Nice work on the magazine! I've just discovered ArtRage and I'm really impressed with it - will be buying it very shortly - and it's great to see there's an active and enthusiastic community to go with it :)

~ Lindsay

Bobbyray
02-24-2010, 01:49 AM
L.P. :)

Thanks for joining in, we all love ARTRAGE and the forums! Our members are the best and most helpful around! Our new E-Mag is still being developed and is coming along very nicely now. We are redoing the Feb Issue because of a low quality we had to do to get it out on time as it was the first Issue..

We look forward to seeing you and your art on the forums soon!;)

IrishRose
02-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Bobby, the issue link isn't working anymore on Google. Don't know what happened... but maybe you could find a way to upload it on another website? (I'm talking the original)... the link is broken and won't work. Just wanted you to know.

And I'll be off from here for a long while. So see ya, my friend! Good luck with the mags!!! Rose

misterpaint
02-24-2010, 09:22 AM
http://www.scribd.com/

is cool! :D

Bobbyray
02-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Rose .....

Thanks got it covered now..... weird hu?
Bray

Bobbyray
02-24-2010, 09:34 AM
MrPaint.....

Thanks so much! That is one cool site and yes we can use it but for now it is on google but when the redo of FEB is ready we will put it on that site and probably always.. Thanks for the tip! Your the best!

Haven't seen much of you lately.......nice to see ya around again......

IrishRose
02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Bobby, how did you get it to work? Did you put it on your Google page? It's not showing up on mine.. very weird.

screenpainter
02-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Welcome Lindsay. It is a great community. :)

mervson
02-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Scribd is the best place I can think of to host the Magazine.
It is free. PDF and other files. Will Convert files to pdf also.

I use it myself for Picture Books
I can't post links yet, so I will email you directly
Matt

337_lee
02-25-2010, 07:18 AM
You can download the ArtRageUS magazine (http://artrageus.web-bandit.com/2010/ArtRageUS_feb_2010.pdf) by clicking on this link (http://artrageus.web-bandit.com/2010/ArtRageUS_feb_2010.pdf).

if that doesn't work the url is: http://artrageus.web-bandit.com/2010/ArtRageUS_feb_2010.pdf . Note - there's not a www in the url!

We'll get the new improved better quality Feb edition posted shortly

Enjoy!

Bobbyray
02-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Mervson

Thanks for that, we are on it........
and Lee thanks much also.

BRAY

FireFytingNut
02-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Hello BobbyRay and to all of those who assisted in creating this E-mag.....it's a GREAT idea!!

I wish I had some time to pitch in and help right now but unfortunately I don't. I will definitely look to helping you out in the future Bobby.

I, for one, appreciate the hard work you all put into this project and your enthusiasm and drive to complete it is inspiring Bobby.

I have not officially read through the Feb issue just yet but I'll be doing that later tonight. :) Just wanted to stop in and say GREAT IDEA and I'm sure it's a beautiful job.

Congrats to those featured as well!

Bobbyray
02-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Firefytingnut,

hehe I love that name :D hehe.....thanks so much. The Team is responsible not me alone. We are here for all of the ragers and hope that they join us.

We need volunteers each month as they have time and can assist with production needs and that means they can help out with very small easy projects....around the 7th deadline we can use a lot of help to make it easier.

some ideas for those who want them.....

A page on:
Keyboard shortcuts
Plugins> list and links
Tips and Tricks
Tutorials on ???

Well use your imagination...you use Artrage. What do you want to see in the mag?

I am doing a page for Classified Ads for Advertisers (plugin Co.s All FREE) as an aid to ragers. That also gets them interested in making sure their plugin works well in AR.) Do you Have something for sale? ????
Someone needs artworks or an artist for a job......a free listing...good idea?

ArtRageUS is completely free and always will be anyway that you look at it......

Thanks again and remember...the redo of the Feb Issue is comming soon now.......;)

Thanks BRAY:)

carlcath
02-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Can you be more specific on what I could do as a volunteer? I've got the time but not sure what talent you need. I am in the USA central time zone.
Carl:)

carlcath
02-25-2010, 06:43 PM
I went to the OpenOffice.org site and the software it offers it a knock off of MS Word and Xcell. I don't see a pdf writer there to download. What am I missing?

I have both MS Word and xcell so don't need those.
Carl

Flynn_the_Cat
02-25-2010, 11:27 PM
I went to the OpenOffice.org site and the software it offers it a knock off of MS Word and Xcell. I don't see a pdf writer there to download. What am I missing?

I have both MS Word and xcell so don't need those.
Carl

!. Openoffice is free, so if you're like me and got a reg key that for some reason won't work or you didn't get the full windows package (which doesn't include Word et al we discovered to our chagrin a few years ago) or don't like microsoft etc it's a pretty good alternative. It's opensource.

2. PDFs can be saved/exported from within the writer, doesn't need a separate program.

Bobbyray
02-26-2010, 01:33 AM
carlcath

Thanks for joining in..... :D
The Openoffice SUITE includes many programs...
Simply download the program OO... from www.openoffice.org (http://www.openoffice.org) for your OS.

Basically we use DRAW or Writer sometimes.
When you make a document it saves it in its own format. Then you can also save a copy of the original doc as a PDF doc. OR page. However we do no accept PDF pages now. We are allowing all submissions anyway ragers can. We do all the editing and make the pages and mag.
WALA.

I have forwarded your email to Eileen for your info and assignment.
Thanks again!;)
BRAY

mervson
02-26-2010, 05:01 AM
Scribus is the free option I would use for Page Layout. I mentioned Scribd yesterday for hosting. They sound similar but are unrelated.
www Scribus net will provide desktop publishing software which is open source and very powerful. PDF Export is standard.

Bobbyray
02-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Hi Mervson,

Thanks for the info....we have already checked that option out. Thanks anyway. Please read this new post.... it will help you a lot with all info needed about ArtRageUS.:eek:
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=27721

The ArtRageUS TEAM:)

victorianartist
03-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Congratulations Bobby Rae... I know only too well how much of a challenge this was. The images used from what I have done must be at least 300 dpi or that is what I was mandated when producing jpeg images for other e-magazine submissions. And all the requirements were to submit everything in pdf format. Nice job for a first edition. Now, the fun begins as you must be (by the date) anticipating getting ready for your 2nd copy.

It will evolve as you go along, but be assured your efforts are appreciated. We thank you very much for this massive endeavor.

Shealladh
03-07-2010, 04:39 AM
Looking forward to the next issue and hope that we can get a nice email/PM about it's release.

I'm really looking forward to learning and toying with ArtRage as soon as I get some time

Bobbyray
03-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Victorianartist,

Thanks for the info......we are on it....and we are happy that it is going so well too. Next Issue is March 15th and will be here on the site along with the redone Feb Issue when it is ready. Re; your email.....nice one!:)

Shealladh,

Thanks much, please note that the only way to get a copy will be from the AR website from the above date or other members websites. We are not able to email everyone or Pm everyone so please stop by the forums and pick up your FREE monthly copy.

Once you learn and use AR 3.0 S or Sp......you will be truly amazed. :eek::eek::eek:

wenkat
03-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Congratulations to you Bobby and your team! You've done a splendid work and all worth the effort.!:)
Can't wait to see the next issue and that too going to be in a sleek PDF format!
Best of Luck!:)

Shealladh
03-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Victorianartist,

Shealladh,

Thanks much, please note that the only way to get a copy will be from the AR website from the above date or other members websites. We are not able to email everyone or Pm everyone so please stop by the forums and pick up your FREE monthly copy.

Once you learn and use AR 3.0 S or Sp......you will be truly amazed. :eek::eek::eek:

Cool and many thanks, just a pity you don't have a newsletter and remind us busy people when stuff is released...

Bobbyray
03-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Wenkat.....
Thanks so much....it is coming along nicely and soon we will have our March Issue out.....on the 15th of March.:eek:

Shealladh.....

Yes it is sad but we have no way to do that. We wish we did. All we can do is post it on the 15th each month. It is up to everyone to remember that date, perhaps by adding it to your windows calendar? There are many ways to be reminded by your computer or cell phone calender too. See ya later!:)

337_lee
03-16-2010, 04:48 AM
In case you've overlooked the first (edited) post in this thread, the new edition of ArtRageUS is available for download.

You can get it here : ArtRageUS - March 2010 (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/files/artrageus/artrageus_march_2010.pdf)

Please download a copy to your computer and view it from the file you have saved. You can view the magazine from within your web browser. but there's a slight glitch in the formatting of the links within the magazine that forces a new download of the magazine if you hit the "back" button.

Yeah - we know it's annoying, but we hope to have that fixed up in the next issue.

Comments welcome!

Alan
03-16-2010, 05:16 AM
Woohoo! :D

Out of curiosity, who designs the cover?

justjean
03-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Woo Hoo, got it and it's all safe and cosy on a disc :D , by the way it looks GREAT and much thanks to all for the hard work on our behalf :)

Bobbyray
03-16-2010, 06:16 AM
Alan,

Thanks so much.....we have Eileen in the editing room and Lee in the layout who together use the featured artist painting combined with the contents text and a proofer checks it. So I guess it is all of them together who actually make the cover page for the magazine.

Please let us know if this issue is beneficial to you. As we had very few submissions from the ragers we decided to go with the links and information that would be helpful to the ragers. We will be running two teams this month for the April and May Issues so we can get ahead by one month to give us more time to do a great job on it, 1 week is rough for all of us to get the mag done and published.. We need many more volunteers and submissions from the ragers! :)

Bobbyray
03-16-2010, 06:18 AM
JustJean,

Ahhhhh so glad that you like it.

Q..do you find the mag to be useful? We hope so.

Valerie
03-16-2010, 07:14 AM
This is fantastic and I love it. Nice work and Thank you
Val

Bobbyray
03-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Valerie,

Thank you. We try our best for you and all the Ragers. Hope you find it useful.:)
Ps> WE being the volunteer Ragers.

jonwood
03-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Bobbyray and the rest of the team congratulations....a great magazine..and yes very helpful especially having all the reference stuff in one place............great:D

Bobbyray
03-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Hi John

Thanks for that.... We wanted to know if folks found it useful. We hope to keep it updated too.

Thanks again!

BRAY

Alan
03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Alan,

Thanks so much.....we have Eileen in the editing room and Lee in the layout who together use the featured artist painting combined with the contents text and a proofer checks it. So I guess it is all of them together who actually make the cover page for the magazine.

Please let us know if this issue is beneficial to you. As we had very few submissions from the ragers we decided to go with the links and information that would be helpful to the ragers. We will be running two teams this month for the April and May Issues so we can get ahead by one month to give us more time to do a great job on it, 1 week is rough for all of us to get the mag done and published.. We need many more volunteers and submissions from the ragers! :)

This issue is highly beneficial to me, it is as well FULL of piles of useful information. A great issue!

If it would lighten up the load for Eileen and Lee, I would be more than happy to pitch in and help work on the cover. If not I understand completely. I hope you still have my email, feel free to shoot me a message soon as you need something. :)

Alan.

Bobbyray
03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi alan,

Thanks so much..your offer has been noted and will be discussed. Send me an email stating the same.

we are doing April and May Issues this month so we will need all the vols we can get so everyone does not have a heavy load. Just small assignments......this way we egt ahead a month. ahhhhh:eek:

[email protected]

nightshadow
03-16-2010, 08:44 PM
I just saw the new magazine both the Feb and March issues for the first time. What a wonderful addition to the fabulous resources at this site. Thank you all for your hard work and excellent publication.

Also, congratulations on discovering Open office. It's the best. I know this magazine will get better and better with each issue (although, it's pretty darn good right now! :))

Nightshadow

shechat
03-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Congratulations on a great second issue. Especially useful is the list of tutorials all together. My thanks to the team for their endeavours, Very well done :p http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Bobbyray
03-17-2010, 01:33 AM
Shecat and Nightshadow,

Thanks so much, Eileen and Lee both put all out on this issue and both deserve most of the credit as do the volunteers that collected all the data and interviews. They are the ArtRageUS Team and wanted to give all of you Ragers something special. They did an excellent job and have exceeded their tasks limits. We hope that many other Ragers join us in making the emag a true success each month.

Thanks again for your kind comments.

The ArtRageUS Volunteer Team:)

haakoo
03-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Just great to have all those resources in one place.
Also nice to see some great art made by Pai.

Great work Girls and Guys :)

Hans

Bobbyray
03-18-2010, 02:22 AM
Haakoo,

Thanks so much! by the way we are um, VOLUNTEER RAGERS too.

Glad you find it useful!

The ArtRageUS volunteer Team:)

Cinquino
03-18-2010, 04:09 AM
To Bobbyray and the Artrageus Team

The February issue of Artrageus was great and really showed the Herculean effort that went into it. The March issue has gone to a whole new level. Not only does it contain an enormous amount of information, it really has a professional look and feel to it. Congratulations and Thanks for all of your work.

Bobbyray
03-18-2010, 07:31 AM
Cinquino,

Thanks so much! ;)The Team went all out to make this E-magazine an excellent resource for the Ragers needs. We had some extra volunteers this month and managed to collect this data and add it to the magazine. Their assistance was invaluable. The end product shows that it was indeed a huge task for us all. We are proud to have worked with the volunteers that collected all that data. We also look forward to more ragers volunteering to assist on the E-Magazine each month.

Thanks again, we do appreciate your kind words!
BRAY and The ArtRageUS Team and our Special Rager Volunteers:)

Juz
03-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Congratulations on the March Issue ArtrageUS team.
Everything about this issue is so improved its quite staggering:eek::cool:; from the wonderful new Masthead for the mag and image quality of the much improved cover, to the new clean and cohesive layout. A big cybertoast to you all.:D:)
I just hope you got some revenue for the Digital Art Academy advertisement, otherwise i'd request that you don't include such third party ads. Its nice to have just the AR information on its own.
Anyway thank you all for your hard work which has paid off in a hugely informative and great looking issue. :):)

Lima
03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Dear Bobbyray, I'd like to congratulate all the staff of ArtrageUs E - Magazine, and also all the volunteers, for the magnificent and totally informative work you have done. An extensive and modern work, which is certainly a big step in the dissemination of the artistic activities of all those who attend with pleasure and satisfaction the ArtRage community. Really nice:):):):eek:

Bobbyray
03-19-2010, 01:17 AM
JUZ,

Thanks so much from the entire Volunteer team. Our new pdf e-magazine format is what we originally intended to do but to get a start we did what we could. As far as the ads.....if it is directly related to Artrage we give free ad pages, this is for the ragers information and possible use or need. We are not a company so it is not right to charge anyone for anything. Thanks again for your concerns, interest and help.;)

Orianelima,

So glad that you finally got it to work. I was wondering if you had. I did test both mac and pc to know if it was all AOK. Thanks for the compliments and comments as the volunteers did work very hard to obtain all that data then Eileen and Lee made it all shine! Information is what the E-magazine is all about for the Ragers to have handy as needed. We are So glad that you enjoyed it.:)

kenmo
03-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Impressive work and e-magazine.... Love it...

Cheers

Ken

Awakenedart
03-20-2010, 03:07 PM
The new mag is fantastic! Thanks guys.

Bobbyray
03-21-2010, 02:23 AM
Kenmo......thanks, we are so glad that you like it.:)

Awakenedart......... you are most welcome....stay tunned for more.:)

From the ArtRageUs TEAM :D

screenpainter
03-21-2010, 04:14 PM
very impressed with the March issue. Great job. Love the article on Pai. It is looking really good.

suzi54241
03-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi Ragers, I've had some quirky log in issues, so now welcome me back as a junior member..... THIS WORK, THIS MAGAZINE, THIS ACCOMPLISHMENT is incredible. If I could I would pat each of you personally on the back. Well done. And keep up the great work. I am stunned and thrilled to pass this to all my artrage friends and artists.

Bobbyray
03-22-2010, 03:28 AM
gzairborne......

We are happy that you like it. Yes, Pai has some awsome artworks and we were happy to share this with all the ragers in our new Ragers Forum
e-magazine. :D The layout and editing rooms have been so busy making this mag shine for all the ragers to enjoy.

suzi54241......

Consider us patted.....lol We are proud to have provided this work of art (we are artisits) called an e-magazine. It is about us the ragers and our needs. The digital emag is the best way we could do this. Please pass the download link on to all ragers, even to the millions of artrage users that are not on the forums.... we hope that they also enjoy it and find it useful.
Thanks very much for your comments!

The Ragers ArtRageUS e-magazine Volunteer Team and Rager assistant volunteers:) working together!

mannafig
03-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Just read the new edition and I must say that it is brilliant I can't wait for the next one:):)

Bobbyray
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks very much we do appreciate hearing that from the Ragers.
It makes it all worth while.:)

FROM The entire ArtRageUs Volunteer Team:D

LogicsHere
03-28-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm home from work on disability leave for a broken ankle for the next two months. I can help edit, proof and perhaps assist in the layout for April issue if needed.

Bobbyray
03-28-2010, 03:21 AM
LogicsHere,

So sorry to hear about your ankle....wo. We are working on two Issues this month to get ahead....yes, we can use your help. Please email me so we can proceed.
[email protected]

AND Thanks very much for your time and support.
Bray

MikalaKula
03-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the magazine. I read it and the story about Pai. She is a very talented artist. I'm looking forward to the next issue.

Bobbyray
03-29-2010, 04:50 AM
MikalaKula,

Thank you very much! Yes, Pai is awsome isn't she. Thanks again for your comments, we do appreciate it.:D

The ArtRageUs Team:)

royblumenthal
04-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Wow! Thanks for the magazine! What an amazing contribution to the art and craft of using ArtRage! Links to both issues duly tweeted.

Blue skies
Roy

Bobbyray
04-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Roy

Thanks for the reply and comments. We are trying to make the magazine useful to all the ragers, even the millions of users that do not participate on the forums. Our goal is to provide artrage users with as much useful information, art and all things concerning artrage.

Thanks again and we hope that you enjoy all future issues! If you can get away from painting with artrage long enough, that is. :eek:

BRAY:) and all of the Volunteers at ArtRageUS e-Magazine:D

hanzz
04-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi all you Ragers,

ArtRageUs E-Magazine is here. A monthly publication by Ragers for Ragers.

February Issue:: Download it here:
http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...YjNhMjFm&hl=en (http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BzL1MzuE6uZVZTY2Zjk3YzAtMmI2OC00MWI4L Tk5NTctZjM4NDNkYjNhMjFm&hl=en)

March Issue:: Download it here:
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/files/...march_2010.pdf (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/../files/artrageus/artrageus_march_2010.pdf)
Please do not place the mag on any other website, place a link to the downloads so we can keep tabs on the number of downloads.

April Issue: Download it here:
For fast connections.
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/files/...april_2010.pdf (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/../files/artrageus/artrageus_april_2010.pdf)

Congratzz on the new magazine. if I may speak out, on this list ,quoted above, If I were you, I would reverse the order of the issues, leaving the newest on top. After a number of issues it would be a lot of scrolling to find the new one...
The look of the mag is getting better and better! great team.:cool::cool:

coops
04-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Congratulation Bobby and your splendid team, another wonderful issue again and also congratulation to Peter whos work I simply love. WELL DONE TO EVERYONE:)

Valerie
04-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Congrats for another great issue Bobby. Congrats also to Peter for his wonderful art work.
Val

Juz
04-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Small edit needed:-

It seems i've been credited with a stickerbrush that was actually made by Flyashy. The brush is the 'groove and vein brush' and resides under the '
Stickers [File Format - STK]' subheader. It is credited correctly to flyashy in a later catagory.

Eileen724
04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Whoops!!! Thanks, Juz.....sorry about that Fly!!! I've got it corrected for the Art Supplies Index and it'll be correct the next time around it gets published. Thanks for catching that Juz.....I'm sure it was an incident of a "cut and paste" mishap!

Eileen

shechat
04-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Wow! another superb issue, great work, great content. Peter's work is amazing. My thanks to all who submitted and special thanks for the wonderful ragers who gave their time and talents to producing such a great magazine :)

Peter Pinckney
04-18-2010, 12:08 AM
A huge Thank You Bray and the Team for all your efforts and a special Thank You for including me in the Mag!

Also thanks for all the nice comments folks!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Alexandra
04-18-2010, 05:43 AM
I was able to download it last night. Beautiful work Bobby and to all of the team. I loved reading Peter's articles and viewing his wonderful paintings. Thanks so much also for including one of my paintings.

Lima
04-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Fantastic. Congratulations. Peter:eek::eek::eek:

carlcath
04-19-2010, 03:55 PM
This is great, It just keeps getting better and better. :) I can't wait to see what you have in store for the next issue.

Good choice of tutorials. I didn't know you could do that with AR. I've got to try this.

WOW!! If you keep improving each time, the pressure must be intense. Keep up the good work.
Carl

hanzz
04-20-2010, 07:03 AM
I forgot to add this to the tutorial in the latest issue (the apocalypse in Bruges tutorial)

if you want to try it for yourself, here's the image for you. (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=10826&catid=member&imageuser=21)
There's a bus missing it's nose, but that's because of my panorama software.
If you can find your way on that photo editing, you can surely find a way to get the nose from the first bus onto the second one !

Have fun with it !!

Bobbyray
04-21-2010, 05:38 AM
Thank you all for your support and kind words. As you know this emag is by and for the ragers. It is our magazine. It is what we make it and not just Eileen and me and Lee. SO, all of us have to make it a reality. This month.....MAY and onward will be done by any other rager volunteers as Lee and Eileen have done it for 3 months. It is not fair to them to continue as they do have a life too. Their talented work and sacrifice have gotten us this far and now it is the other rager volunteers turn.

I am making a new post to announce this. Eileen and Lee, two true Ragers that have made a great contribution to the forums and e-magazine are now going to relax and get back to their normal lives. I commend them both highly as they are two super great people!

Bobby Ray

Caesar
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I apologize for being late congratulating with You and all the staff, dear Bobby Ray.
I'm downloading only now Your magazine.
You would all deserve a golden sign of honour or decoration for such anoutstanding deed!

Bobbyray
04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi Caesar,

Thanks so much! We do appreciate your kind words and thoughts!;)

Bobbyray
04-25-2010, 06:07 AM
NOTICE:
We are proud to announce that have a new office space to work from and for all current and future downloads. It is a production website where we can easily work from and in. Please check it out. All volunteers can sign up there too. Any rager can look at the vols for each month throughout the year and sign up for your choice time to volunteer.This allows us a much easier task of putting the mag together and to work. The site has unlimited everything. All it needs is volunteers.
Have a look and thanks for your interest.

http://www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net/)

Sketchism71
05-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Bobby and team, the April issue is a Grand Slam Knock Out Edition! Congratulations to all of you and thank you to all who put so much effort into this magazine. I thoroughly enjoyed it! BRAVO!!!!

hanzz
05-17-2010, 04:56 AM
I am looking forward to the next issue, and whilst awaiting it, I have added a link to it on my blog (http://hanzzcaricatures.blogspot.com/). I hope the success gets even bigger with every new issue !

Congratzz again ! Great team !:cool::cool:

vapsman88
05-17-2010, 07:45 AM
The magazine is very good with nice design and production values.

You mentioned needing volunteers for assistant layout in upcoming issues, I have some experience with publication layout..though 10 years ago in FrameMaker and PageMaker. I also have Indesign but haven't used it too much. Being recently retired I have have some free time.

~John

PS

I just noticed that was back earlier in the year for the openings notice but I am available if you still need help on upcoming issues.

Bobbyray
05-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Vapsman88,

Thanks much! My com has died and I lost the final May Issue with it...so I am trying to get another com asap. I did recover the files for may but still need to have a com to get things going. If you can assist on the mag send me an email as I have no other way to contact you now. I will get back asap.

We basically use open office....it is free as we do make a pdf mag.
So, email me and we can go from there.....I hope to have a new com very soon.
[email protected] (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/[email protected])
Bobby Ray Howle:)
www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net) please join the magazines website.

laurghita
05-26-2010, 01:52 AM
How about a RSS for the site, to keep in touch readers with news and new e-mag apparitions ?!

MikalaKula
06-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Wow ... so sorry to hear about your computer. I've had some personal problems and just now went to look for the May issue. Its really sad when real life gets in the way of our art and dreams.

Hope things get better for you soon.

carlcath
06-04-2010, 10:28 AM
I have been traveling so have not been here for a couple of weeks. What happened to the May issue?

Bobbyray
06-06-2010, 03:22 AM
We did not have any vols! :eek:and my computer died :eek: and I lost all the work I did :eek: but I got a new computer now and redid it and now Vapsman88 has volunteered to do the finishing touches in layout.:cool:...SO It is coming very soon........hang in there. We are on it.

:rolleyes:We do need JUNE material ASAP from ragers. SEND HELP! hehe or we are gonna have a very small JUNE Issue guys. Thanks for checking with us!

Have a great day
BRAY:)

mannafig
06-06-2010, 04:56 AM
Oh dear I am very sorry to hear of your troubles.

Bobbyray
06-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Hi Guys and girls,

The June issue is published and ready to download......... for your pleasure!

www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net)

BRAY and Vapsman88 the rager volunteer team

Shealladh
06-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Hi Guys and girls,

The June issue is published and ready to download......... for your pleasure!

BRAY and Vapsman88 the rager volunteer team

Cool thanks again.

I must say though, I hate the website design. Mag is great though.

Sher
06-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Just read the first copy of the magazine. Looks great. The artist Combs work is really great. Also, all the car and truck art paintings were really interesting. I like the list of tutorials there which I will check out.

Sher
06-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Great magazine. Wasn't sure where to submit my art here. Please let me know. Thanks.

Bobbyray
06-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi there,

Well thanks for reading our magazine, we hope it is of some assistance to you as an artist. We do what we can. The web site front page is what you hate? humm sorry but I am not a pro webmaster.

To make submissions: go here: http://artrageus.net/forum/ register/sign in at the top left of page.

see the post for submissions? click it
then see the post for each month? : Click the month you want to add to and make a post there with your attachment/s.

We do need paintings for the Artist Portal.....up to 20 paintings each month.

Bobbyray
10-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi all you ragers,

Well it is ready and waiting for you. The October Issue #9 and is it packed.
Misterpaint is our feaured artist and we have news and new faces in our artist portal gallery too. Get your free copy today. We hope that you enjoy it.;) Please let us know in this post. Thank you all for your support.

http://www.artrageus.net/Oct2010.pdf
or from the website you can download any issue in the archives:
http://www.artrageus.net

Bobbyray and Vapsman88 ArtRageUS e-magazine:cool:

misterpaint
10-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Thx bobby ^_^ Cool work!!!!

LBMyers
10-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Great work. Thanks!!

AT-TA
10-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Congratulation to Misterpaint. Gorgeous portrait on the cover.

And also big thank you to B'ray and vapsmen for their dedication and time spent , in order to make this magazine possible.

coops
10-16-2010, 05:56 AM
WOw Bobby and VAPS this is outstanding. Congratulations to Misterpaint whos work I so enjoy and he is so talented, a very fine artist. Congratulations also to everyone whos wonderful works were displayed in this superb issue of our great magazine.:)

GekkouJin
10-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the mag. Looks great again!

hona
10-18-2010, 09:10 AM
hey every one , how can i get my regietration code !!:confused:

DaveRage
10-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Hona - Please do not post technical support queries in other threads. The technical support forum is here - http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9

You can find the ArtRage support page here www.artrage.com/artrage-support.html (http://www.artrage.com/artrage-support.html) and the Frequently Asked Questions here http://members.artrage.com/faqs

Please read the relevant section of the Frequently Asked Questions 'Registration Key / Serial Number Problems' and if that doesn't help, use the support page to contact us. Please include the details of the problem when you do so including the version of ArtRage you're using and we'll be happy to help.

Back on topic: Congratulations on the October version of ArtRageUS! :)

screenpainter
10-18-2010, 04:49 PM
congratulations Bobbyray, Vapsman88 and all other staff on this newest issue. I really enjoyed the feature on Mr. Paint and the great portrait tutorial. It just keeps looking better and better. great job all!

justjean
10-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Issue #9 like all before are terrific, thanks so much for all your time and effort on ourbehalf :)

Bobbyray
11-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Hi all you Ragers,

Our November Issue has been published: www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net)

Get your copy today. Ps> We have a new advertiser .... Wacom Tablets which allows our readers to keep up with their great products since most of us use them. We are not charging anything for these ads. It is a service to our readers.

We have added an RSS feed to announce all new Issues published for those with busy lives. It is updated and maintained monthly.

We have the ArtRageUS website email working properly now.... so send me emails to
[email protected] or directly to [email protected]

Please remember to add yourself to the Artist Portal thread if you want to have your art included..::cool: A great way to show off that new artwork.
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30428
Please Note that you must have an Artrage site Gallery with your art for us to choose from as well. We will choose 10 artworks each month.

We do offer a classified ad Section, for any rager to sell items specific to artrage use. It's free and easy... send a photo and details to [email protected]

We have also added our donate button to the pages so if you can send us $1 or what you can we would appreciate it very much, if you can't we understand, really. We do have costs incurred to produce the magazine.

Thanks for your submissions and support.

The ArtRageUS e-Magazine Volunteer Team

AT-TA
11-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Thank you for the new Art Rage magazine, BobyRay and Wasp. Interesting and pretty as it is, the artist featured in it makes it even more interesting reading.

Gz, wonderful portraits i've not seen yet here done by you and congratulation to beeing published in this mag. Am looking forward to your collages.../maybe i start liking them/.:-)

GekkouJin
11-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks for again a great magazine!

carlcath
11-15-2010, 01:53 PM
You mentioned an offer from Wacom. I am not able to locate it.
The download is 36 pages plus the ArtRage comparison pages. The index shows the offer to be on page 39.

The download seems to be missing several pages.

The first 36 pages are great. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this each month.

justjean
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Congratulations on another issue of a great emag. :)

GZ, thanks for an interesting interview and a wonderful peek at your great paintings :)

Bobbyray
11-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Carl

I see the un-numbered page advertisements (2 wacom pages) between pages 25-26 Hope that helps...if not let me know, please.;)
Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the compliments everyone....we do so appreciate hearing if you are enjoying the e-mags. ;)

screenpainter
11-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks so much for the feature Bobby Ray. Looks great! And John your labor of love for the ragers is much appreciated. Vapsman88 who does the layout for us.

Lima
11-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Bob:eek: and VAPS:eek: great work. Thank you. A fantastic:eek: number of ArtRageUs

Lima
11-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks so much for the feature Bobby Ray. Looks great! And John your labor of love for the ragers is much appreciated. Vapsman88 who does the layout for us.
Wonderful, GZ. Congratulations. Great very beautiful unpublished works:eek::eek::eek:.

vapsman88
11-18-2010, 05:09 PM
You mentioned an offer from Wacom. I am not able to locate it.
The download is 36 pages plus the ArtRage comparison pages. The index shows the offer to be on page 39.

The download seems to be missing several pages.

The first 36 pages are great. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this each month.

Thanks, Carlcath.

Actually if you click on the Wacom page number in the index it will take you there, which is 25-26 as BobbyRay noted.

vapsman88
11-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks!

BobbyRay and I try to put out a quality publication that will be of interest and benefit to the ArtRage community.

~John

Nickillus
11-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Really nice to see you and your work featured this month gzairborne. Wonderful stuff. Well done both to you and the ArtRageous team for their stalwart work on this mag.

screenpainter
11-20-2010, 07:09 PM
I forgot to say, Great tutorial by Hanzz!!!
Thanks much Nick! :)

mannafig
11-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Another fantastic read well done everyone:):)

misterpaint
11-24-2010, 10:07 AM
this is a great issue!!! great work bobby!! ;)

Bobbyray
12-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

OK Vapsman88 has done his MAGIC and gotten the magazine working and finished and it is HOT OFF THE PRESS waiting for you.:cool:

Please give John a BIG thank you for all his hard work and effort to get this issue out to you. It was a tough one for us both but he really made it all happen for you. ;)

Also note: We have it in A BOOK format/ flipping pages with
real page turning sound. (ON YUDU) :)
Both here: www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net/)

ON YUDU, search for bobbyray or Artrageus and wala
read online or download to read offline ( nothing else needed).
Simply open the issue to read oline and look left top menu: options/download :eek:

OH.... MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR

Lee
12-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Congratulations on the Magazine, it is beautiful!!! Skylar's work? oh my goodness, glad to see his showcase as sometimes i miss a lot,,, the ArtRage Christmas Tree is a true gift to us all, Thank You for all your hard work, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! :)

Lima
12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Congratulations Bob and VAPS, and all those who collaborated in the making of the magazine. You, once again, you guys did a great job. I welcome all the artists appearing on this magnificent number. Skylar, congratulations.

MJSparks
12-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Thanks everyone who works so hard to get this magazine out there.

screenpainter
12-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Best issue to date. Looks great. Fantastic interview and featured artist... congratulations Skylar. Also to Bobby and Vapsman... congratulations on a great issue!

Bobbyray
12-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Ahhh thanks guys,

We do try our best for ya. As I have now purchased Nitro Pro pdf and MS Word I can do so much more. No more crazy OpenOffice for me.

We now accept PDF Pages and documents.... YEA :eek:

Bobbyray
01-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi all you Ragers,

Well a new Year is here and so is our new copy of AtRageUS Digital Magazine. We are now publishing it on the 1st of the month.;)

We have also added a Flipping page w/sound format on Yudu. Nothing else to read or download. Check it out from here::eek:

misterpaint
01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
it's a cool issue!!! as usual!! great work dear friend ^_^ and happy new year!!!! artrageus and a new year with all the artists of ArtRage is in front of our path.

Congratulations Caesar! it's nice to see all your paintings in this fantastic number.

byroncallas
01-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Bpbby, just checking in, I wanted to say the work you and your team have done on the magazine over the past year or so is wonderful. It's a great contribution to the AR world, these forums, and all the individual artists who participate and are included. Thumbs up on all fronts, and Happy New Year.
Best,
Byron

Lima
01-09-2011, 04:16 AM
Congratulations Bob and VAPS, congratulations to all the artists who participated in this wonderful number. Congratulations Caesar an amazing artwork.

screenpainter
01-28-2011, 12:50 PM
download on this issue not working for me?

Bobbyray
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Hey there

so sorry but which one? anyway:

You can always get a copy here: http://www.artrageus.net

Look in the archives for past issues.

Click on YUDU to get a copy of the E-Book formats (flipping pages w/sound) cool !!!!!:eek:

Alexandra
01-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Great job Bobby and Vapsman. Beautiful presentation.
Congratulations Cesare and great to see you!

panwilson
02-01-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm new to Art Rage and fully enjoyed the Jan 2011 issue #12 of Art Rage US. Is there a way to grab the past 11 issues as PDFs to be read at my own leisure? I saw the Flash availability but it does not work smoothly for my low bandwidth.

vapsman88
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm new to Art Rage and fully enjoyed the Jan 2011 issue #12 of Art Rage US. Is there a way to grab the past 11 issues as PDFs to be read at my own leisure? I saw the Flash availability but it does not work smoothly for my low bandwidth.

The 2010 Archive is here:

http://www.artrageus.net/Archives.html

~John

Bobbyray
02-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi all you ragers,

Here we go it is february and we have a HOT issue for you at a whopping 89 pages... 4.5 MB :eek:

We hope that you enjoy it and please let us know what you think about it in this thread.. We are rager volunteers and work hard all month for YOU. We need your feedback and ideas. ;):)

Pick up your copy or past issues (Archives) too: www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net)
Also in E-Book format on YUDU.... flipping pages w/sound.

MJSparks
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Looks good!

barnburner
02-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Very fine job! :)

suziQ54241
02-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Great work, each issue gets better and better too. Fully packed with great information and inspiration. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

byroncallas
02-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Excellent. Agree with SuzieQ. :)

mikejl
02-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Great job .. fantastic read.

:D

Bobbyray
02-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Magen... thanks...well done!;)
Barnburner.....Your too kind:)
SuziQ.............Thank you very much for all you do. :eek:
Byron.............Thank you too! Appreciated!:)
Mikejl.............So glad that you enjoyed it.

Thank all of you for your sharing your opinions and comments:cool:

Bobbyray:) and the vounteer staff

screenpainter
02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Great issue. I loved the interview with Neil and a great showcase of his work. Congratulations Neil.
The mag is looking better all the time. Though this one was a bit large in content. wow.
congrats to Bobby and John for their hard work on putting it together.

justjean
02-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Great work, each issue gets better and better too. Fully packed with great information and inspiration. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

suzieQ said it all and I agree :D

Bobbyray
02-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the compliments:D

We are trying to improve the magazine for all the ragers. Next month we have a surprise......more improvements. :eek:

Thanks again Albert and JustJean...thank you!;)

Lima
02-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Another sensational number, Fraser deserves this varnish, a very talented artist. Congratulations to all who participated. Bob and VAPS:eek::eek:.

pai
02-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Congratulations to all. Great and hard works on recent issues :)

Bobbyray
03-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Lima andf Pai

Thank you very much.....glad that you enjoy it.:)

Bobbyray
03-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Hi all,

It is that time of the month again.....:eek:

Alexandra is our Featured Artist and we have a special ipad artist interview with Susan Murtaugh as well.

A special note: It is time to renew our host website. If you can help out please make a small donation. The PayPal link is at the top of the page.

We have had 4,300 downloads of the February Issue... and we are growing strong support from non forum members that are Artrage users too.
and.........
iPad Artrage users now have their own section in ArtRageUS magazine complete with a Featured Artist and ipad Artist Portal. If you wish to have your ipad artrage art included please send it to me at: [email protected] please include a title/your screenname.

We thank you for your support and kind words!
The ArtRageUS Volunteers

MJSparks
03-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Looks good BR and pals! Thanks for you're work!

byroncallas
03-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Terrific work Bobby Ray and team (Albert, Magen, Vapsman). Sandy - congratulations - you're a star. :) . Susan, wonderful interview. Good stuff by EVERYBODY.

AND, I will make a contribution. Gotta support you guys doing all the great work, :):):)

mikejl
03-02-2011, 06:25 PM
March issue is great.. fantastic work.

Alexandra
03-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Sandy - congratulations - you're a star.
Thanks Byron:o:o:o:o:o Much appreciated dear man!

Great work Bobby, Chuck, Vapsman, Albert, Magen, and Susan!

Bobbyray
04-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi all you Ragers,

PLEASE READ this note.

I am in need of Adobe Acrobat to put this mag together. I need $$$ to buy it. If you can donate a dollar it will help me a lot to make the mag easier to put together and make it more professional looking.

IF You can donate one dollar and pick up the April Issue on the website www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net/) Donate button is at the top of the page.
We recieved one $25 donation for the website renewal. :confused: We need your support to keep our magazine going and to make it better.;)

Also we need ipad art submissions. Gzairborne has kicked off the ipad section with a wonderful presentation and we thank him for all his hard work but now it is up to me to do it unless another rager volunteers.

We also need new art in your personal gallery for the Artist Portal. Some Ragers have signed up and have no new art or even a gallery. Please name your files: title/yourscreenname.jpg this helps me a lot. :)

Thanks guys for your support and interest in ArtRageUS Magazine
Bobbyray:)

waheednasir
04-01-2011, 08:19 PM
thanks very much Bobbyray for the honor and the magazine look gorgeous and i really appreciate the effort of the whole team behind it.
it has a good collection of material to go through, i enjoyed it..:).
thanks for you mail as well.
a lovely morning surprise indeed!

my thanks and reqards to every single person behind the mag.

screenpainter
04-01-2011, 08:22 PM
just finished downloading it... very nice issue indeed. congratulations Waheed on being the featured artist. :)

Bobbyray
04-02-2011, 12:26 PM
HI guys and thanks for the kind words and donations!:)

The cost of Adobe Acrobat Pro X is $449..us

I have recieved $312.00 in donations so far.....:eek:
as of April 4, 2011

I have downloaded the 30 day full use trial and I have to say WOW. After using all the other partial pdf programs and software, this is like driving the Space Shuttle on autopilot. Amazing...:eek:

It is not as complicated to learn as I thought it would be..so I am making the May Issue with it and you will all see a big difference in our Magazine quality. A BIG Thanks again to those ragers whom have donated even $1 dollar on www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net/) toward this goal.

I might even have time to do more art.....wo ;)

Bobbyray:)

waheednasir
04-08-2011, 12:15 AM
sorry i got late, thank you gzairborne and thanks once again Bobbyray..:).

screenpainter
04-08-2011, 07:16 AM
thanks to John and Megan as well. I only did the small ipad section, but thanks for the mention Waheed. :)

Lima
04-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Congratulations Whaheed fantastic work.
Congratulations to all.

Bobbyray
04-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Lima
Thank you.....mucho my friend, as always.

GZ
That is is the acrobat 9 pro. The X pro version does new things that 9 will not do which makes it a 1 program to create a real sweet pdf document,
The problem was that using more than 1 program to create the pdf pages was causing many problems in the pdf document and because it is so big almost 100 pages.

A lot of programs can make a pdf page but they do not all interact so well in adobe reader too, that is a reality everyone has had to deal with until now, as acrobat X pro does it all now with style. I have done a lot of research and viewed all the problems and complaints of acrobat 8, 9 and Indesign and many others pdf editor programs too. :rolleyes:

The CS5 does come with Acrobat 9 only, not X and is much more expensive. The cheap software sites......are not good deals as they are offering you something other than the real thing and without support.

I am using acrobat X Pro now (30 day full trial) and it is soooo sweet.
I will just have to wait until I get the $$$$...I have donations totaling $310 so far and I only need $445 to buy it. $135 to go, way....cool!:)

You should upgrade to Acrobat X Pro, really! :eek:

Thanks for ideas and input...very appreciated.:) and thanks for kicking off the ipad section, great work!

Bobbyray
04-16-2011, 04:19 AM
Hi all,

An update on donations for acrobat X Pro.
recieved = $349.00 need: $449.00

I have checked out all the other deals and programs..nothing beats acrobat x pro. It does it all.

Thank you for your donations and I will keep you updated on the progress.
:);)

Bobbyray
05-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi all you ragers,

The May 2011 Issue of ArtRageUs is Hot off the Presses and waiting for you......

We hope that you enjoy it !!!! :)

PS> I will be offline for about 2 weeks.....my laptop is ill and going to the HP repair center for some treatments on May 2..... :eek: :)

Bobbyray, Magen Sparks, Vapsman88 Your volunteer Team ;)

byroncallas
05-01-2011, 12:24 PM
the truth is there is really not that much new that you really need in acrobat 10 that you couldn't get in acrobat 9 and save a whole bunch of money. I have read the reviews. they have batch processing in acrobat 9.
here is a site that sells acrobat 9 for 149.00. without the box.
not pirated. looks like a reputable reseller to me.

http://www.webcommunitysoftware.com/onlinestore/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AA9PWR

for the money you are spending on just acrobat 10 you could probably get
both indesign and acrobat if you shopped around.
I was using indesign CS2 and it worked great for generating pdfs and for handling text and typography there is nothing better than indesign.

if you have a student in your family...

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Creative-Premium-Student-Teacher/dp/B003D8XE4K/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4

this includes photoshop, illustrator, indesign, acrobat, and more. 399.00

Albert, the features in Acrobat X are not tremendously different. But, at least with Windows 7, the performance of the program borders on night and day. 9 just fails to function properly in too many instances. If you are not using Windows 7, Acrobat 9 may be fine in most cases. That is my experience and the experience of a LOT of users in the various Adobe forums. I doubt there is anything "official" out there about it. But in the unofficial threads of lots of forums, if you're using Widows 7 and Acrobat is an important program for you, get Acrobat 10.

byroncallas
05-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Wonderful issue BobbyRay and team. Jules, you rock.
Bobby, thanks for including one of my paintings in the Artist's Portal section. It's was thrilling to see it pop up. :)

screenpainter
05-01-2011, 02:17 PM
looks great. congrats Jules on being featured artist.

Jules
05-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks artrageUS team for featuring me in this months ArtrageUS great work! Bobby, you have done a cracking job. Your talents are so wasted :D;) Again, thanks.

Jules
05-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Wonderful issue BobbyRay and team. Jules, you rock.
Bobby, thanks for including one of my paintings in the Artist's Portal section. It's was thrilling to see it pop up. :)

looks great. congrats Jules on being featured artist.

thanks guys!!! :o

Bobbyray
06-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi All, well there are some very strange things going on on the net. I just now got the mag ready for download. So, If you have any problems, download it and then read it from your com offline. Let me know of any other problems..... I am using the adobe reader X and it is ok offline but not online for reading....doh...:eek:

Enjoy and Congrats to our Featured Artist SHRUNKENDESIGNER !!!!

WWW.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net) to get download

haakoo
06-01-2011, 09:49 AM
A tad early(at least here)
But great it's a new completed issue,will enjoy watching it
the effort is as always highly appreciated

Hans

byroncallas
06-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi All, well there are some very strange things going on on the net. I just now got the mag ready for download. So, If you have any problems, download it and then read it from your com offline. Let me know of any other problems..... I am using the adobe reader X and it is ok offline but not online for reading....doh...:eek:

Enjoy and Congrats to our Featured Artist SHRUNKENDESIGNER !!!!

WWW.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net) to get download

Terrific issue. Congrats Shrunkendesigner - wonderful work.
Bobbyray, the web version seemed to to work fine as did the download, at least for me. Great job.

barnburner
06-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Thanks Bobby.. Much appreciated.

MSIE
06-04-2011, 12:26 AM
I had no problems reading the magazine online, it was an interesting read (and I even spotted one of my own paintings in the ArtistPortal, wow! :eek::)). great tutorial by Shrunkendesigner, thanks everyone for putting together this magazine :) :)

screenpainter
06-04-2011, 08:21 AM
worked perfectly for me. looking very professional. great issue. congrats to all the staff... congrats to shrunken designer for the featired showcase... awesome work and a great tutorial as well. they just keep getting better.

coops
06-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Great issue again Bobby and congratulations to Shrunkendesigner for some wonderful paintings. Well done to all who made this magazine possible, its brilliant:)

shrunkendesigner
06-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Hey guys, thanks so much for the work and effort put into this feature! I hope the tutorial is of help to some people. Here is a screen capture (http://youtu.be/JgNg_hpeUsg) I did of it so you can see it painted and read how I did it. Thanks Bobby!

Bobbyray
07-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi all you Ragers,

The July issue is out and is ready for you to read. Our Featured Artist this month is: Fashmir and we also have an iPad Featured Artist: Saphire, both with spotlight Galleries and interviews. We hope that you enjoy this months issue. MagenSparks has a very interesting article as well for you in Art History.

We regret to inform you that due to technical problems the issue is somewhat larger than normal... 17mb that's the best we could optimize it down to from the original almost 400mb size. Sorry. It may take many of you a while to download it.

Thank you for your interest and continued support

http://www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net) download your copy: pdf or ebook

Your volunteers at ArtRageUs Magazine
Bobbyray, Vapsman88 and MagenSparks

byroncallas
07-01-2011, 06:12 PM
BobbyRay, another brilliant effort. Fahsmir's and Saphire's work is fantastic and made for an extraordinary issue. Meanwhile, great selections all for the Artist's Portal. And Megan's art history review featuring the origami artist was a terrific and unexpected entry. Kudo's to all of you on the team. Great work all.

~Alena~
07-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Hello. I haven't had time to download PDF magazine n17 June 2011. The archive page isn't updated.
Now where it is possible to find the link for downloading PDF old issue? May, June - for example.
Help my, please.
(Sorry for the web translate.)

Bobbyray
07-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Hi Alena

I have updated the archives page....sorry about that....:confused:

Enjoy!

BRAY;):)

~Alena~
07-04-2011, 03:23 AM
Thanks. All issues is great, I adore this fantastic magazine! :o:)

rozalek
07-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Hello would it be possible to show some of my works in your artrage magazine- if you are interested in children art :) thats all i have im my gallery
many greetings
roza

Bobbyray
07-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi Roza

Of course...please read our new policy for the Artist Portal.;):D
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30428

Any Rager can be published in our forum magazine Artist Portal. We are about the ragers.:cool:

Bobbyray
07-31-2011, 04:45 AM
Hi guys and girls

Here it is, our August Issue..... just for you....

www.artrageus.net (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/www.artrageus.net) ;)

HOT OFF THE Digital Presses !! :D

coops
07-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Another wonderful, brilliant issue Bobbyray and team. This magazine just gets better and better.
Congratulations Hanzz, such wonderful work and to see it all in one place is a delight. :)

hildee
08-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Fantastic! I'm a new member so finding this mag + tutorials is like finding gold! thanks for all your effort :)

hanzz
08-05-2011, 07:35 PM
I just hope the cover doesn't scare too much peeps off!

I'm just so happy we cancelled that centre-fold ! :D:D

screenpainter
08-05-2011, 08:25 PM
congrats to all staff and to featured artist Hanzz. bravo!
excellent showcase of your work Hanzz.
Bobby the current link didn't work for me.
here's one that does:

http://www.artrageus.net/

you might add the artrage community on Flickr to your list of artrage communities.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/artrage/

Saphire
08-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Thank you team for another fantastic magazine. Congratulations Hanzz on being the featured artist your caracutures are amazing.

GekkouJin
08-26-2011, 05:59 AM
Thnx for the magazine, again looking great!
Congrats to Hanzz, nice interview
and also thnx for adding an artwork of me

Greetings,
GekkouJin

Bobbyray
09-01-2011, 01:25 AM
September 2011 Issue is hot off the presses and waiting for you at:

http://www.artrageus.net :) We have Shechat as our Featured Artist this month.....and much more. :eek:

We hope that you Enjoy it! From the Rager volunteers of ArtRageUS Magazine

turk003
09-06-2011, 01:13 AM
paylaşım için teşekkürler

Saphire
09-11-2011, 10:59 PM
BobbyRay, I am not getting any graphics in the magazine only text on the IPad. Could it be just the IPad that has the problem.:(

Bobbyray
09-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Hi Saphire

Sorry to hear that.. I am not sure as I have not received any other problems from iPad users or otherwise. It is highly possible though...as ipads need apps to do most anything.

I will see what I can find out.....

Bobbyray
10-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi Guys

It is just us, your friendly Rager volunteers and it is that time of the month again.....We are proud to present you with the latest Issue of ArtRageUS Magazine......Featuring Cartuneman :cool:

Please, if you encounter any problems notify me [email protected] (http://www.yudu.com/item/details/406361/October-2011-Issue)

We hope that you enjoy the Magazine and have a great day!

http://www.artrageus.net

kenmo
10-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Loved the interview of Cartuneman....it was a very touching interview.... And his painting "In Memory of Her" brought a tear to my eye...

Outstanding issue...

Saphire
10-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Another brilliant Magazine, this one I can view on my ipad, no trouble.
I have noticed that Septembers issue was a large file size 12.32mb compared to all other mags which are 3mb-7mb whether this has anything to do with why all graphics won't show.

Bobbyray
10-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Kenmo Thanks much. I havebeen trying to improve on my interviews and it is good to know it's getting better. :)

Saphire.. Thank you too..:) I am happy it works on the ipad again...we never did figure out why it did not last month...:(

Strandy
10-05-2011, 08:07 AM
I have noticed that Septembers issue was a large file size 12.32mb compared to all other mags which are 3mb-7mb whether this has anything to do with why all graphics won't show.

...we never did figure out why it did not last month...
The September issue was optimized 'For Fast Web View' while the October issue is not. Just compared file properties of both.

Bobbyray
10-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Strandy

:) The mag is usually 700 + mb (per 100 pages). Without optimization and flattening the pages. The end web optimized sized mag is usually 7-12 MB depending on the actual size.

Thank you for your time to check that, I will find out from Vapsman88 what was done differently.:)

Saphire
10-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I have just downloaded and installed Ios 5 GM on my Ipad 2, I couldn't wait until tomorrow for the launch as I will be away. Now the September issue shows all graphics, weird.

Bobbyray
11-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi all

The November 2011 Issue is out now and ready for you on our website for download. ;)

Please read our POLL and participate in it as we need your input. :confused:
Also please make a note that all submissions be emailed to
[email protected] (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/[email protected]) my NEW Address

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37152

Saphire
11-02-2011, 04:48 AM
A fantastic issue as usual, congratulation Kenmo for being the featured artist for this month, I love this section.

coops
11-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Brilliant issue once again Bobby and team, the interview with Kenmo was great and made very good reading.
Congratulations to you Kenmo, well deserved:)

GekkouJin
11-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Thnx again Bobby for another nice magazine
and congratz to Kenmo
pity that so few works have been contributed to the artist portal

Greetz
GekkouJin

Bobbyray
12-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi all you Ragers

The December Issue #23 2011 is out and ready for download.

We have redone the website and added a few things for you so have a look around and be sure to read the "About Us" page as it has some information regarding the future of our magazine publications.

Here is a copy of the Magazine stats for November 2011 as well. Seems we are growing in demand but declining in participation.:confused: :(

If you wish to have your art published you must send it to me by email:

[email protected] (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/[email protected])
We would like to hear from you, if you are enjoying your FREE magazine or of any problems......you can post them here in this thread.

http://www.artrageus.net to download this Issue. :D

hanzz
12-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Prachtig gedaan Gekkoujin ! Ik ga dit nummer aankondigen in het Nederlandstalig portaal.

Bobbyray
12-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Hi all you Ragers

Finally, we have a new forum for all Submissions.and chat. Please goto http://www.artrageus.net and click menu (Forums) and register.

Note: you can make comments, suggestions and/or add any form of Submissions there, as that is the only place we will be working from now.:D

PS> due to spammers we have setup an admin approval and no guests can view the forums either.

PSS> please use your ArtRage forum Screenname.

We welcome your submissions, input and comments. See ya there Ragers:cool: