PDA

View Full Version : All back Issues ArtRageUS Magazine

Pages : 1 [2]

GekkouJin
12-31-2011, 05:32 PM
little late (always too much work the last month of the year)
Thanks Bobby for, again, a nice mag

@Hanzz, Bedankt om op het nl forum te delen :)

Greetings,
GekkouJin

Saphire
12-31-2011, 11:40 PM
I have only just seen this as well, I have tried login in but it wouldn't except my screen name. Do I have to re-register.

Bobbyray
01-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Hi all you Ragers,

January 2012 ArtRageUs Digital Magazine is here. A monthly e-Magazine Publication (ArtRageUS Project) by Ragers for Ragers, forum members and users of ArtRage by Ambient Design.

http://www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net/)

NEW....ArtRage / iPad / iPhone Artist Portal Sections >> To have your painting, drawing/sketch in the magazine please
join our new forum to make all submissions.

Also note: We have ArtRageUS digital Magazine in An E- BOOK format/ flipping pages with real page turning sound. (ON YUDU) :)
Both here: www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net/)

Thank you from
BobbyRay, Vapsman88
Your ArtRageUS Digital Magazine volunteer TEAM:)

Nickillus
01-01-2012, 09:02 AM
I just wanted to thank Bobby publicly for the honour of being featured in this month's issue - and for all his hard work in putting the magazine together month by month. That goes for his team also of course. Thank you chaps.

I also need to apologise for the awfully written Bio I supplied that is riddled with typos, terrible grammar and confusing sentence structure. Good luck reading it - and better luck understanding it That will teach me to try and do this sort of thing late at night after work. You'll quickly see why I'm not a writer (but am working at improving so I may be one day).

Sorry folks.

Skulks off to hide in the naughty corner.

coops
01-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Brilliant issue again Bobbyray and team. Congratulations to Nick, I have enjoyed seeing your work altogether and they are all wonderful. :)

kenmo
01-10-2012, 04:48 AM
Congrats to Nickillus. Super interview & great tutorial on exploiting the digital art advantage.....:):):)

misterpaint
01-11-2012, 05:44 AM
fantastic issue!! :) thank you for this gift! :p

Bobbyray
01-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Hi all you Ragers

The feb issue is out and ready for you to download on our website.

http://www.artrageus.net

Our featured artist is Tony Jazz, a tribute to him for being our 1st Featured Artist...where we did a bad job of his art.....it was time for us to correct that.:D

We hope that you Enjoy this issue ;)

Tonyjazz
03-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Thanks Bobby and team for featuring my art in the Feb issue. It is an honor. Was saddened to see no comments here and only 1 comment in the gallery....................strange.

Bobbyray
03-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Hi Tony

Yes it is very strange. Our forum made magazine has failed. I have been doing it all, even having to go out and find materials, put it all together and Vapsman88 has been doing the table of contents. It appears that there is just no interest any longer. No volunteers. No submissions. No thank you. No support.

I even asked for a $1 donation to afford me time away from out looking for odd jobs to survive which I have to do daily as I have no other source of income or savings but only a few ragers made a small donation. I guess people can not afford $1.

I have received 0 materials for April and now have had to make a decision.

As the mag is now a fulltime job as it is that I can no longer afford any time to do it. The March Issue will be the last Issue (by me). I am happy to have done what I did and could do for all the ragers and Ambient. I hope that it was appreciated as I am not sure since I can not even get a thank you for doing all this time consuming work.

Oh well, so it is. :confused: I have made this announcement in the March Issue.

I would like to add that it has been such a pleasure to actually get to know so many great artists on this forum and outside Ragers as well. I wish all of you the best and hope that you understand. The future of ArtRageUS magazine is now back in your hands, the forum. :eek:

A note: The mag was intended to be made solely by Ragers from the forum. It was to be a small magazine that we could all be included in no matter what level artist you are. An opportunity to be published and to learn from others. It was not meant to be a Pro only magazine. It was meant to be about us the Ragers on all levels and ArtRage in all it forms.

I am sorry if any of you feel that I am letting you down. I am only 1 human. I cared enough to give all of my free time for over two years to do what I could do to help others.

Bobbyray Founder of ArtRageUS Magazine 2010-2012

justjean
03-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Bobbyray, I'll be sorry to see the mag go but can understand your feelings and position. I do hope that you know that I did appreciate your efforts on our behalf

Nickillus
03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
So sorry to hear that all your hard work, effort and showcase magazine have come to a point where it is so poorly supported that you feel it is not possible to continue. I can totally empathise with your feeings about this.

Unfortunately I think the apparent apathy reflects a general drifting away from forums in favour of more social network based set ups. Maybe it's just a false impression, but I seem to have noticed diminishing participation in a number of forums I poke my big nose in over the last couple of years.

Do not think that your long hours have not been appreciated by those that have taken the time to take advantage of its fruits. Many thanks.

Hopefully the the more astute of the apathetic masses will fall foul of the maxim 'you don't notice something unitl it's gone'.

Bobbyray
03-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Hi Guys and Girls

March is here and so is ArtRageUS Magazine.. perhaps the last Issue. Read the post above this for details or in the mag "letter from the editor".

http://www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net)

Caesar
03-02-2012, 04:21 AM
Dear BobbyRay,

the magazine has probably followed the doom of the Forum itself, where the new entries are not enough and enough continuously attending while several mates progressively either rarefied their presence and submission or just disappeared for the most various reasons.
As a matter of fact, also in the Gallery, where You could see also many people not intercepted in the Forum posting, the submission rate doesn't appear to grow, on the contrary.
I hope this is due mainly to the fact that ArtRage Software is increasingly appreciated by pros and people becoming pros, who can hardly participate and are often on other e-places, such as Deviantart or similar ones.
Therefore the adverse evolution is certainly not at all due to what You and Your mates did to roll the magazine out, with much sacrifice, improvements and with no at first and then very little resources.
You all performed fantastically and I wish to thank You all heartfeltly for this.
The magazine could and was not either an elitarian or a niche one, so as to make a broad service to all of us.
I don't think that a more focused approach would have been more successful as for lasting, neither that way, since it was not part of the gears of some sort of artistic trend and relevant business.
After all the average age in here was not so "green", so artists are mostly either amateur making other jobs in their lives (even if in several case at high or very qualitative level too as talent or outcome and potentially able to becoming pro) or pros, who have their own channels for selling their artworks.

Having said this, I would like to express to You all my utmost sincere gratitude, admiration and thanks for what You so marvellously set up to stay anyway, some way, sure in our memory and heart.

All the best to You all, champ team of ArtRageUS!

coops
03-02-2012, 04:45 AM
I second everything that Cesare has said and I am so sorry that there will be no magazine after this one. I have so enjoyed each and everyone of them and I was so honoured to be included as featured artist in one of them.
You have done and grand job throughout each and every issue, you and your team should be very very proud of yourselves.
I wish you all well in whatever you turn your hand to and hope that maybe someday another magazine will be born.
THANKS TO BOBBYRAY AND TEAM FOR FOR THE PLEASURE YOUR HAVE GIVEN THROUGHOUT THE 2 YEARS OF THIS MAGAZINE. I WISH YOU ALL HAPPINESS FOR THE FUTURE:):):)

silvy
03-02-2012, 05:21 AM
I totally agree with Caesar and Katie.
Thank ArtRegeUS for everything you have done these two years.
All the best to you all:)

pat1940
03-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Bobbyray and all the team, thankyou for all your hard work and dedication you have given all of us, you have so much to be proud of and wishing you all the best in what you decide for the future, and hope something wonderful comes along:):):):):)

mannafig
03-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into the Artrageus mag I am sorry to see it go but I am very proud of what you accomplished for everyone.
All the best dear Bobby:):)

Rondo
03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
i tried to download with the given link but after 1 second i get a totally blue screen (not the SOD) and the tab tells me "index"??? que passa?

Saphire
03-07-2012, 06:15 AM
Thank you Bobbyray and Team for all the hard work you have put in. The time and effort that must have gone into the production will not be forgotten. I will miss the magazine, I enjoyed reading the featured artist sections and seeing their work, the tutorials, everything. It was an honor when I was in one of the publications, Thank you. :):)
All the best for the future in whatever you decide to do.

dddiam
04-01-2012, 02:32 PM
March 2012 ArtRageUs Digital Magazine is here.

artrageus.net

I checked the link artrageus.net, and all I could find was Issue #2.

Is there a direct link to Issue #26?

Is there an archive of back issues of ArtRageUS Digital Magazine. I am new to ArtRage and I am thirsty for anything that I can read about it.

Bobbyray
04-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Hi DDDiam

The Magazine had its last Issue, March 2012 Issue #26

Look on the menu on the left, for all you seek. The site is closing down on the 1st of April so hurry and you can download all of the back Issues (Archives)

Only the E-book style will be online for some time yet....Yudu.com Bobbyray Howle library.

Enjoy;)

Bobbyray
04-05-2012, 06:34 AM
Hi all you Ragers,

NOTICE: April 1 2012 (not an April Fools gag)

ArtRageUS Magazine is no longer being published. The website has closed as well.

For all Issues 2010-2012 you can go here to download an e-book form of each Issue. http://free.yudu.com/library

:eek:;)

BobbyRay

Debbie
04-12-2012, 12:57 AM
:confused:New & confused. I am registered at Yudu but when I click on the link I get a blank page (on my iPad) & can't figure out where to find the magazine. Help!

Bobbyray
04-12-2012, 01:39 AM
Hi Debbie

iPad takes a special app I think.....??? Anyway, I have decided to keep the website and you can still download all the pdf versions there ...click on the archives button by year....there is also the tutorials book and art supplies book

Please Let me know if you have any problems (um with the mag) hehe.:)

enjoy.... http://www.artrageus.net

Bray ;)

Nickillus
04-12-2012, 01:44 AM
Hi Debbie,
Sad to say that due to a lack of support for the making and furtherance of the magazine, the burden for which was carried almost single handedly by Bobby Ray Howle (no disrespect intended to those who helped along the way in any way or form - your efforts are/were equally as appreciated) it was decided it was not feasible to carry it on. The website that went with it is no more either.

If you read back a few pages through this thread you should find that by letting Bobby know of your interest, you will likely be enabled to download the back issues though. I hope that helps.

Welcome to the forums.
Cheers,
Nick

EDIT - Duuuh! Bobby Ray has already answerd you - just spotted it. What a great guy.

Debbie
04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks Bobby-Ray & Nickillus

dddiam
04-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Hi all you Ragers,

NOTICE: April 1 2012 (not an April Fools gag)

ArtRageUS Magazine is no longer being published. The website has closed as well.

For all Issues 2010-2012 you can go here to download an e-book form of each Issue. free.yudu.com/library

:eek:;)

BobbyRay
Please help. I am unable to retrieve ArtRageUS from Yudo. I set up a Yudo account and logged in. I went to the link that you gave and searched on the word "ArtRage". I got 15 links in the result set, mostly for ArtRageUS Magazine issues. However, none of those links in the result set worked. When I click on one of them, the large dark window on my library page remains blank.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there an alternate place you could post the issues? Perhaps AmbientDesign would allow you to post them there, in support of the ArtRage products? (If you need another free site to host the archive, I would be willing help find one and set it up).

Thank you for publishing ArtRageUS. I just installed my first ArtRage product (ArtRage 3 Studio), and I am eager to read the ArtRageUS magazines.

- David

dddiam
04-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Please help. I am unable to retrieve ArtRageUS from Yudo...
- David
Ignore my last post. I gave up on Yudo, but I found the ArtRage magazines. Your old website was still active.

Thank you for publishing ArtRageUS. I sent you a $25 donation. I just installed my first ArtRage product (ArtRage 3 Studio), and I am eager to read the ArtRageUS magazines.

Bobbyray
04-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi All

Yes, I did pay $$$ to keep the website www.artrageus.net (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/www.artrageus.net) alive. All of the issues, tutorials and Art Supplies Books are there too for anyone whom seeks them.

Yudu is a bit tricky to lean how to download the ebooks but all are there also.

A small donation would be appreciated, to help pay for the yearly website dues. ;)

Judith Tramayne
04-20-2012, 07:01 AM
Huge thank you to you Bobby Ray and all your other helpers. Wondering though if all the back issues could be put in iBook Author and added to iBooks for free?

It would be a good way to get more people interested in ArtRage and those who have allowed their paintings to be included might get known across the Apple iPad Universe.

Steve B
04-20-2012, 07:12 AM
That's a great idea Judith. Do you have some experience with Ibooks? I've never done it before.

edit-- Ha! Just saw your sig, so I guess you do have some experience making Ibooks. :)

Judith Tramayne
04-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Yeah I have about 13 years doing ebooks on the Internet. Shouldn't be hard at all to put the magazines in iBook Author. Of course, it would take a while but would be worth the effort.

screenpainter
04-20-2012, 06:25 PM
the pdfs view perfectly on my ipad. very readable. I have Acrobat Reader app on my ipad. maybe that is why. they look great on there.

Steve B
04-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Hmmmm... can I download these and read them while on the go on my Iphone already? An IBook sounds like a nice compatability/ease of use feature.... ????

Bobbyray
04-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Judith Hello stranger.....long time....:D I think that is an excellent idea, you are amazing my Lady...;) I decided that the Mags were too important to the new users (and want to be) of ArtRage to just let all the PDF mags be unavailable so I paid to keep the website going for another year. I am going to make the site my art gallery but will always have the archived issues available for download.

The ebook versions are available on YUDU. The mags must have an application made for them $$$$$$$$. Do what you can. I do not have those devices so I am not in the know.

If anyone can help Judith out......please do so as it is for the good of your fellow Ragers.......artists.....that love ArtRage just like you do. and Thank you for doing so.....it is appreciated as always by all. We are a big family, no? hehe :cool:

GekkouJin
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Brrrr ... it's been some time that I visited the forum (travelling for work)
and to see that the mag is discontinue is very pity
you did a GOOD job Bobby. A big Thank You for all the work and effort you did
also to those who helped you
Nice that people can continue reading the mag's on Yudo

Greetings from Belgium

Judith Tramayne
04-25-2012, 04:06 AM
OK Bobby Ray, I went to yudu, signed up and now how do I see the books?

I used search and nothing came up?

So I went to your site. If these are to be converted to iBooks Author, I will need the original documents.

Judith

Bobbyray
04-26-2012, 03:06 AM
Hi Judith

I have kept the website for another year..
All PDFs and the link to YUDU are there for all to download as needed.

http://artrageus.net/

If you need anything else...let me know [email protected] (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/[email protected])
Thanks ;)
Bray

Nickillus
04-26-2012, 05:14 AM
You are a star master Bobby. Many thanks.

Bobbyray
09-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks guys, I try my best for you all and do what I can for you. It is nice to see that some people take the time to at least post a thank you and do enjoy the magazine. It is a huge undertaking and volunteer mission to say the least but well worth it if you as a Rager do find it useful and informative. Our own FREE Ragers magazine and it is dedicated to you, your art and ArtRage. Get published, your a Rager!

Our newest Special Issue #2 September 2012 is out now for your pleasure. Enjoy Ragers.

Bobbyray Editor and founder ArtRageUS Digital Magazine http://www.artrageus.net
September 1, 2012

Antlab
11-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi Bobby.
I am coming back to ArtRage after a long pause, and I am progressively downloading and reading the various issues of your magazine.
I would like to really thank you for providing such a useful resource to the community, it is full of information and have nice galleries of talented artists.
Good work.

Bobbyray
01-08-2013, 03:21 AM
Thank you Antlab, very kind of you to say so and welcome back!

For all back and current issues of ArtRageUS magazine:

http://www.artrageus.net (http://www.artrageus.net)

katee
01-11-2013, 12:54 AM
free copy of ARTRAGEus E-Magazine............ its amzing.
now we could be able to take advantage of tutorials. And those could also be used for future references. it is really a great effort by the team.

Lashlaroo
04-14-2014, 05:14 PM
I was just wondering if there was some place to download all the back issues in pdf format? The old link above doesn't seem to work!

I have tried checking out issues on YuDu but would like the multi platform ability of the pdf format.

Thks

Robert

Bobbyray
04-15-2014, 02:42 AM
Hi Robert,

The YUDU site mags are a pdf but in a flip page instead of scroll page.... the mags were all in a pdf, so perhaps you can ask the forum members for a copy .... I think many copied them somewhere.......sorry I no longer keep them stored......

Anyone out there have them stored? Downloadable....???????

Bobbyray

Lashlaroo
04-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have been viewing the mags on Yodu! Awsome mag. To bad it had to end!

Does anyone have copies of all the issues?

Thks
Robert

MJSparks
04-15-2014, 07:41 PM
I dug around in my stuff and I found a buncha copies of pdfs. I know there is probably duplicates in here, but the timeframe that I worked on the mag with Bobby and the gang, was shortly before a very tough medical time. I think there was 23 issues total.

Problem is it's like 200 meg of materials and I don't know have anyplace to upload them to.

Looks like I have from Feb 2010 through Dec 2011. Also artrage supplies, and tutorial book vol 1... I don't remember if there were anymore than that. I think that covers them. If you can think of a way that I can get them passed around...

My e-mail is [email protected] - Lemme know you're from the forum or there's a good chance I won't respond.

Saphire
04-17-2014, 12:16 PM
I have all 30 issues on my ipad in ibooks, unfortunately at present I am not at home so there is no way I can transfer them to dropbox. As soon as I can I will to copy them to my main computer and upload them and make them all available to anyone who wants them.

sandracollin1985
05-06-2014, 08:37 PM
I download it and read it. I liked it a lot.

Victor Osaka
05-07-2014, 09:20 AM
I have all 30 issues on my ipad in ibooks, unfortunately at present I am not at home so there is no way I can transfer them to dropbox. As soon as I can I will to copy them to my main computer and upload them and make them all available to anyone who wants them.

That would be soooo wonderful. I have them all but can not read them on the iPad only on a PC.

Saphire
05-07-2014, 09:53 AM
Victor, I have been trying to find a way to copy them to dropbox from ibooks but apparently that cant be done. I havent given up yet there must be a way.

Rondo
05-08-2014, 04:33 AM
I really hope this will help a little? i seen a couple of magazines to download...i guess with viewing more pages you can find more magazines?

https://www.google.com/search?q=All+back+Issues+ArtRageUS+Magazine&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS583&oq=All+back+Issues+ArtRageUS+Magazine&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Saphire
05-14-2014, 07:41 AM
At long last I have been able to copy all magazines from ibooks to dropbox, I just hope the link works.
New link to Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

MJSparks
05-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Thank you. I think that covers the ones I was missing. I'll work on an order and see if I can get a full drop box set like you have as a secondary option or via google drive (if someone has gmail account to access it.)

Gimme a bit and see if I can offer a couple of options.

thank you again

Victor Osaka
05-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Totally awesome! Thank you for your efforts.

philippecmartin
10-28-2014, 03:38 PM
Many, many thanks !!!

Regards,

Philippe

berto52
02-13-2015, 10:40 AM
Just bought ArtRage, these Magazines are welcome.
Thanks

victorianartist
02-22-2016, 05:29 PM
At long last I have been able to copy all magazines from ibooks to dropbox, I just hope the link works.
New link to Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

Just downloaded all of them and it did not take long. Particularly love the Art Supplies. Sad this stopped. This is a good magazine.