PDA

View Full Version : Indian Chief drum

kev2grey
02-13-2010, 05:07 AM
Hi all, hav'nt posted on here for some time but I have just got AR3 and did this. In the real world I paint drums that people commission me to do. I use AR a lot to design the paintings I do on the drums. If you want to see some of my drums I have done go to my web site. Hope you enjoy:) AR3 rules:D

Khalid_ipda
02-13-2010, 05:09 AM
Wow..looks so real. Very nice, very nice kev2grey. :D:D:D:D:D

FireFytingNut
02-13-2010, 05:10 AM
Hi all hav'nt posted on here for some time but I have just got AR3 and did this. In the real world I paint drums that people commission me to do. I use AR a lot to design the paintings I do on the drums. I you want to see some of my drums I have done go to my web sit. Hope you enjoy:) AR3 rules:D

WOW! I'm just seeing so many amazing pieces! This is most definitely one of them! Beautiful, beautiful job on this.

I know people ask quite often, especially us newbies lol but would you mind telling what you used on this? Was it all oil? any stencils involved (although I highly doubt it lol) Sorry for the questions! I'm learning as I go along as to what types of tools folks use to create these amazing images.

Just beautiful!

FireFytingNut
02-13-2010, 05:11 AM
WOW! I'm just seeing so many amazing pieces! This is most definitely one of them! Beautiful, beautiful job on this.

I know people ask quite often, especially us newbies lol but would you mind telling what you used on this? Was it all oil? any stencils involved (although I highly doubt it lol) Sorry for the questions! I'm learning as I go along as to what types of tools folks use to create these amazing images.

Just beautiful!

::EDIT:: Oh yes, and the down portions of his head feathers? How did you create that soft, fuzzy look? It's not blurry either, which is so cool! It's amazing!

coops
02-13-2010, 05:50 AM
I think this is wonderful Kev, a beautiful painting:)

barnburner
02-13-2010, 05:59 AM
That is absolutely fantastic! Amazingly well done.

Alexandra
02-13-2010, 06:18 AM
This takes my breath away Kev. Masterpiece!:):):):):):):)

kev2grey
02-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Hi FireFytingNut, there is no short answer to your questions but I will try and give you a rough idea of how I work. Firstly I have good grounding in traditional art methods and I try to transfer these skills when I use AR. I firstly do a sketch using the pencil tool I then block out the basic colours using the oil tool on a new layer which is under the sketch layer. I then start building up the detial using a combination of tools (airbrush, pencil, pastel and oil) I use the pastel tool to get a good textured feel to the piece. I do not use stencils but I do use the new sticker spray, which is how I did the downy bits on the feathers using the fine frosted fur brush. There is a lot more that I do but I hope this helps a bit. regards kev.

kev2grey
02-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments:)

Eileen724
02-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Really beautiful, Kev.....I just love native Indian artwork! What's even more amazing about this is that you paint them on drums! Very cool idea!

I did check out your web site and it's clearly obvious that you are very talented with drawing and painting. I really like your wildlife work...between the wolf and eagle...amazing!

Evart
02-13-2010, 09:04 AM
:eek: wow, this is stunning!

ScottF
02-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Great to see you back! This is very well done. I checked your other drums--wow!

Valerie
02-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Kev this is outstanding, it looks so real.

D Akey
02-13-2010, 11:06 AM
It's all good, good face etc. The feathers really came out well. I think we can add one more, awarded for this picture.

weembaman
02-13-2010, 11:34 AM
excellent work..very well done I'm sure your customers are more than happy..:)

sabena
02-14-2010, 04:39 AM
this is a great painting i like very much:eek::D

Caesar
02-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Magnificent!