PDA

View Full Version : Cesare of the Sea

Alexandra
02-12-2010, 06:06 AM
I do so love the sailor and pirate characters of the old storybooks.
Hope you like it Cesare.:D
Watercolor, airbrush, pen.

AT-TA
02-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Something new from you Alexandra and i like it. Especially the bird on his shoulder, so cute and curiously looking.

Caesar
02-12-2010, 08:48 AM
ROFL (whatever it exactly means) :D:D:p:p
Dearest Sandra, You did what You promised with a quite gentle and neat downward stroke ...;):p:p
Thank You very, very much my lovely artistic friend!:)
I look quite Caribbean here, but I hope I don't vhave that moon's curse ...:)

D Akey
02-12-2010, 08:59 AM
ROFL (whatever it exactly means) :D:D:p:p

ROFL: Rolling On the Floor Laughing

ROFLMAO: Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off

ROFLMFAO: You figure it out. :D

D Akey
02-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Very piratical on sabbatical. Love the ambiance. Feels like a jolly Jimmy Buffett type -- aka "Parrot Heads"

Decisions decisions. . .Pina colada. . .Martguerita. . .Rum. . . Taquila. . . What say you, Captain Paisan? Yar?

Great spirited painting, wench!

ScottF
02-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Great job Alexandra! I was caught up with the face and parrot for a bit before I noticed the face in the upper right corner. Fascinating.

paul_uk7
02-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Lovely painting, very inspirational.

Caesar
02-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Well, the parrot was teaching me, direct in my ears, the English acronyms simultaneously to D Akey, dear Scott (including the last one with the mysterious F).:D
So You were right, it was the actual boss and the real attraction Sandra wished to portray.
The other guy was just added not to have a parrot looking either orphan or somehow hovering without some sort of perch ...:D

Lima
02-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Wonderful, including the moon.

Alexandra
02-12-2010, 09:32 AM
AT, I love watercolors and this was painted over a previous portrait I made of handsome Cesare. I appreciate your kind comments, thank you!:)

Heee heee hahahh Cesare. So happy that you weren't offended. I couldn't resist those eyes again and thought, hum? Yep, a pirate or a sailor like Sinbad. The bird, pitiful, but I thought quite funny, she is his companion. The sailer, amazingly handsome, and this might be just too much for the rest of the ladies here, I know it is for me.:o:p:D LOL. :):):):):)

D-Akey, I am so happy that you got a kick out of this too! Thanks!:D

Scott, Many thanks!

Paul, Thank you!

Oriane, Thank you!

Caesar
02-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Dearest Sandra, I thought I were alone when I saw the flash of Your camera and stood up from sleeping on the deck of my ship. So I apologize for looking a bit savage and needing a good shampoo and haircut ....:o:D
As the captain of the ship I shouldn't admit ladies on board because of bad luck legends thereabout, but for You and the AR ladies I would certaimly make an exception ;) and have a nice party since we're not sailing, but at anchorage (and I'm not superstitious ...)

D Akey
02-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I shall not give you an additional lesson on the devil English and their double entendre concerning all things nautical.

Do give you a shove off into those questionable waters:

double entendre |änˈtändrə|
noun ( pl. double entendres pronunc. same)
a word or phrase open to two interpretations, one of which is usually risqué or indecent.
• humor using such words or phrases.

Caesar
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks a lot, dear D Akey!
I think "entendre" is borrowed from French ...The most similar Italian word is "intendere", that is "understanding", the same etimology than intent, intention and so on.
From what You say "double entendre" is our "doppiosenso" doppio=double and senso=sense or meaning.
Curiously, but not too much, the meaning is exactly the same than the one You just explained.
Sorry for the digression, but languages are really interesting animals!:D

SCP
02-12-2010, 11:59 AM
OMG Too funny!:[email protected] Caesar&D Akey!;)
Well done Alexandra you have captured the pirate we know as Caesar!The right top corner is a very cool addition too:cool:;):)

Alexandra
02-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Ah Cesare, I used a digital and it was on low flash. I thought I hid pretty well, but I guess I couldn't escape those perceptive eyes! Haha-as far as a woman on the ship-yes it is bad luck indeed, unless I were a pirate lady.:o

Thanks a bunch Scott, it is a hoot, isn't it?:D

foxytocin
02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Maybe not hoot, maybe "squawk" (as the parrot would say.)
Love it, Alexandra. It's very sexy, too.

barnburner
02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Outstanding! Trying to figure out what the parrot is saying in Caesar's ear.. :):)

Evart
02-12-2010, 03:03 PM
He's too handsome to be a real pirate :D You did an excellent job Sandra :)

justjean
02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Great painting and thats one handsome pirate :D

Caesar
02-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Dearest Sandra, I noticed too the figure on the moon and had some idea thereabout on identity and ... the rest.
It certainly was some weird side effect of the flash, but a quite revealing one. Anyway I wouldn't have told anybody until SCP did, because I would have got a red moon (due to some blushing effect).:o

I think the pirate invited that lovely, gentle guest in his cabin at night as a priceless hostage .... What a possibly terrible doom! :eek:;):D:p:)

I thank You and all mates for the great fun of this thread!

Alexandra
02-13-2010, 04:09 AM
Foxy, Thank you-I thought sexy too, and have him as my desktop!:o:D:D

Mike, Thanks! I think the parrot is saying: "love you, love you"

Evart, Thank you so much. I love the old pirate stories, and thought this would be a surprise for our dear Cesare.:D

Jean, Thank you! I think so too!:o

Dear Cesare, I love this program and the ability to duplicate and change effects. I just had to put your handsome face in light of the moon.
As far as the hostage, I don't think any lady here including myself would consider this a terrible doom.:o:p:D:D:D

Valerie
02-13-2010, 11:21 AM
This is wonderful and Ilove the parrot, and what a hadsome looking pirate. Great painting.:D:D:D:D:D

Alexandra
02-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Valerie, Thank you very much!:)

Jasminek
02-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Oh dear, a bit too sexy for me....must keep my heart in good shape!!!!:D

Hubby is not afraid, look at the attached picture taken in key West, FL:eek:

D Akey
02-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Kawliga never looked so good. . . I really must get one for my atrium. . .if I had an atrium. . . what a great example of kitch. My guess is that Caesar wouldn't be the first one hittin' on that bait. . . ooh, look there's one now!

Alexandra
02-14-2010, 05:05 AM
Oh Jasmine! This is wonderfully funny! :D I have not been to Key West, a someday thing for me. I love the stories of the two women pirates-this is so cool!
I agree, this painting is a bit rough on my heart and hormonal system.:o

D-Akey-ha ha! I believe you are right.:D

sabena
02-14-2010, 05:34 AM
hi alexandra

This man(Caesar) is so beautiful i would like know him personaly:D:D:D very good painting:)

Caesar
02-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Dearest Sandra, as a pirate I should rather be a decktop ....:D
Anyway thank You very much for the flattering compliment! I wish I had the same success with girls at my teen age.;):):p Probably my was was right saying that I was improving with age. I just cannot image what a star I might become when I'll be 80 ...:rolleyes: ... sort of Ramses the II's mummy?:D
Thank You, my dear friend!

Dear Valerie, I thank You very much :) ... on behalf of the parrot.:D

Dear Jasminek, I'm glad You found a even better pirate attraction, certainly for the gentlemen attending this Forum! ;):p Thanks

Dear Sabena, just wait a minute and help Yourself a glass of wine in my cabin, I'm just refreshing my make-up and suntan a little bit ....;):D Thank You, also for Your trust on my reliable gentleman behaviour in front of Your personal charm (... but perhaps a pirate is supposed not to give any such grant, on the contrary ... ;):D)

Alexandra
02-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Thank you Sabena, I think he is too. Bless him, I have made all the gals fall in love with him! I do not think especially by his comment that he would mind your suggestion at all!:D

You are most welcome Dear Cesare. I am shocked at your remark about your teenage years. You seem most confident and always having been so. I was so shy it was painful. If someone smiled at me I would run. :o