PDA

View Full Version : Running Rampant

foxytocin
02-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Still getting the hang of the stickers in ArtRage Pro.....the variations confound me, but it's a lot more fun than your average state of confusion. Hah!
I find it worth noting that this entire thing was done with 3 homemade stickers, a textured stencil for the background and just a bit of ink for detailing. It's remarkable what you can do with 3 simple shapes. For me, it was a great stretching exercise for creative thought.

Valerie
02-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Foxy this is fantastic, great work.

byroncallas
02-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Fabulous Foxyt. Yes, aren't those stickers something. Love what you've done here.

And love your new Avatar. It's a giggle. :)

AT-TA
02-11-2010, 07:24 PM
THis is very creative, lovely colors...good exercise...lovely...

D Akey
02-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah, now this one's the fabric print or embroidery. Really striking in that light. Would dazzle on a lady.

foxytocin
02-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Interesting that you say that, D Akey, because I saw this dress (http://www.imamuseum.org/art/collections/artwork/dress-callot-soeurs) recently at the Indianapolis Museum of Art and the florals on it have haunted me ever since......it definitely influenced my sticker spree with Running Rampant.
Thankyou also to At-ta, Valerie and Byron for stopping by.
Byron, in reference to my new avatar, have you ever seen this episode of Sponge Bob? I swear, there must be something wrong with me: the more Sponge Bob Square Pants that I watch with my kiddos, the funnier the episodes seem to me. Soon I'll be debased to the point where I start watching them in private after the kids have gone to bed. Shocking behaviour from a parent who limits TV time and keeps a sharp eye out for quality programming.

Alexandra
02-12-2010, 05:10 AM
OUTSTANDING! Love it!!!!!!!:):):):):):):)

Lima
02-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Wonderful colors. Very nice.:eek:

D Akey
02-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Interesting that you say that, D Akey, because I saw this dress (http://www.imamuseum.org/art/collections/artwork/dress-callot-soeurs) recently at the Indianapolis Museum of Art and the florals on it have haunted me ever since......it definitely influenced my sticker spree with Running Rampant.
. . .
Byron, in reference to my new avatar, have you ever seen this episode of Sponge Bob? I swear, there must be something wrong with me: the more Sponge Bob Square Pants that I watch with my kiddos, the funnier the episodes seem to me. Soon I'll be debased to the point where I start watching them in private after the kids have gone to bed. Shocking behaviour from a parent who limits TV time and keeps a sharp eye out for quality programming.

A Magazine: So you think square pants are rampant?. . . Really? Better no pants, is my magazine's view.

Lee
02-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Dear Foxy, Hello again!!! always love your pretty patterns, this is beautiful!, will have to try making stickers,,, SpongeBob, :Dthe best!!! so funny!!!:)

foxytocin
02-12-2010, 11:31 AM
D Akey, your contribution to the picture made me snort with laughter. Hah!
Oriane and Alexandra, thank you also for your comments...

justjean
02-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Wonderful scene, textures and colours and stickers can be addictive :D

Roister
02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Also having headaches with creating stickers, seems to me you have it nailed. Very well done. Great image.

D Akey
02-19-2010, 09:10 PM
Foxytocin, in acknowledgment of your new interest in all things spongy. . . a celebration dance. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FfOtHKh5J4&feature=related

SCP
02-20-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey Foxy,you have done really well with your stickers and stencil use.Great design!
:):):)

foxytocin
02-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks, SCP, roister and Jean! And D Akey, that link is just tooooooooo much fun. As my kiddos would say, (although I won't share it with them because those girls dancing on it have such a strange fashion sense) it's "ridunculus."

jibes
02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Cute! But seriously now.

byroncallas
02-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Wonderful Foxyt - and a fun thread sprouted too. :):):):)

Sketchism71
02-21-2010, 10:04 PM
It's remarkable what you can do with 3 simple shapes. For me, it was a great stretching exercise for creative thought.

I think it's remarkable what YOU can do with 3 simple shapes Foxy! Beautiful!:eek: