PDA

View Full Version : Fluctuation

Dany51
02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Few bubbles in a fluctuating space :)

Eileen724
02-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Very cool, Dany51! I love the swirls and colors in this one. It all comes together to create one beautiful abstract painting!

iceaxe
02-08-2010, 08:25 PM
I like it. What % AR is this? How do you create those line patterns? etc
Thanks

coops
02-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Thats great Dany, love the swirls:)

justjean
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
a wonderful light and airy abstract

Peter Pinckney
02-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Beautiful Dany!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)C:):):):):):):):):):): ):):):):):)

Alexandra
02-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Beautiful painting with beautiful feeling Daniella!:)

sabena
02-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Wonderful effects and beautiful painting:)

Valerie
02-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Dany what a fabulous painting and the colors, did you any filters on this. Terrific work

flyashy
02-09-2010, 01:03 AM
WHOA! That's beautiful!!
Wow! Is that a custom brush??
Too Good!

Evart
02-09-2010, 01:10 AM
I see some numbers, and letters in the image. Love it :)

Dany51
02-09-2010, 03:41 AM
@Eileen724 : there are something new in it but still working mainly with Art Rage :):)
@iceaxe : I never published an image on this Forum that have less than 75%
of Art Rage work(or playing, as you like to call it :))
I use for this one the very known AR canvas, crayons, a bit of watercolors and knife, Black Pearl and a visual effect, no filters but blendings in AR3
(see more details in the next post).
@coops : I like them too:):):)

@justjean : I don't need necessary to use very bold colors,
I am glad you like it :):)

@ Peter P. : Thank You very much !!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

@ Alexandra : Some kind of airy feeling in it I think :):):):)

@ sabena : still very easy done , thank you Sabena :):):):)

@ Valerie : No filters on this one :)

@ flyashy : no need for custom brush on that for the moment,
is tooooo easy like that but It can be done !!! :D:)
If you have time .... :)

@ Evart : No numbers and letters but I just did one with two letters
as you may like it !:):):)

D Akey
02-09-2010, 03:46 AM
I love this. It's moves in many directions. Reminds me of String Theory in physics and those are dimensions in sheets moving around and sometimes touching for interesting results.

While it has geometric elements, it also implies living organisms. Intriguing and beautiful.

Well done Dany! :):):):):)

Dany51
02-09-2010, 03:49 AM
I am not a person to keep long time secrets on this kind of subject,
as you all I like to share my discoveries :)

I am sure that you will like to play a little in line

with Grappa - White (http://www.eigelb.at/HP/Links/SpecialEffects/Grappa/GrappaWH_White/index.html)

and if you like to do more research go to the editor's page.

Here are a different variant of "Fluctuation" that I just did ,
I hope you will like it .:)

D Akey
02-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Thanks for that link Dany!

Using that tool was love at first try. :):):)

Dany51
02-09-2010, 03:59 AM
I love this. It's moves in many directions. Reminds me of String Theory in physics and those are dimensions in sheets moving around and sometimes touching for interesting results.

While it has geometric elements, it also implies living organisms. Intriguing and beautiful.

Well done Dany! :):):):):)

What is more impressive for everybody was done the most quickly,
in line, very smooth and easy to play with,

here are the Grappa Rainbow (http://www.eigelb.at/HP/Links/SpecialEffects/Grappa/Rainbow/index.html)
Grappa Rainbow
Entertainment/Visual Effect/Game: Grappa is a java applet that allows you to create artworks with your mouse in a fun way.

as nice as the white one :D:):):)
Yes, I think is some kind of last generation applets,
very professional.:) Thank You !

Dany51
02-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Hmm ! You are welcome:D :)

Try also the Grappa Blue Random (http://www.eigelb.at/HP/Links/SpecialEffects/Grappa/BlueRandom/index.html)

I like them all , there are a Sepia one also which can
no doubt give excellent brushes :

Grappa Sepia (http://www.eigelb.at/HP/Links/SpecialEffects/Grappa/GrappaSP_Sepia/index.html)

Me think is a very good add-on for Art Rage 3 if one like this fluid lines,
excellent for design also .

alien23
02-09-2010, 04:36 AM
That's very good. it reminds me of Spirograph I use to have as a kid.

Dany51
02-09-2010, 04:50 AM
You have right alien23, here are a Spirograph (http://wordsmith.org/anu/java/spirograph.html) ,
I didn't have it when I was a kid ,
a very good reason to enjoy the Grappa applets :D:):)

foxytocin
02-09-2010, 04:51 AM
Lovely! I adore the sepia one....makes me want to add sparkle dust to all sorts of images...
Dany, you original post has a marvelous dreamy quality about it....

Dany51
02-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Yes, the sepia ones are the most stable if I can call it like that
and give me the feel of a pastel texture.

I don't know if that can be useful for brushes but
I did a doodle more or less uniform,
if you can find an use for it, you are free to use it :)

Dany51
02-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Another useless form :)

D Akey
02-09-2010, 08:19 AM
How do you save the picture from that site? I could do a screen grab but I'm hoping that it can be saved within the program?

Thanks!

Hmm ! You are welcome:D :)

Try also the Grappa Blue Random (http://www.eigelb.at/HP/Links/SpecialEffects/Grappa/BlueRandom/index.html)

I like them all , there are a Sepia one also which can
no doubt give excellent brushes :

Grappa Sepia (http://www.eigelb.at/HP/Links/SpecialEffects/Grappa/GrappaSP_Sepia/index.html)

Me think is a very good add-on for Art Rage 3 if one like this fluid lines,
excellent for design also .

Dany51
02-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Visual Effects to Download : here (http://www.eigelb.at/?sID=169) , Grappa and few other more :)

AT-TA
02-09-2010, 10:32 AM
This has such a gentleness, transparency, something like a cobwebb.... impossible to touch it, only with the eyes, i like this a lot,Dany.:)

Eileen724
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Wow....I'm glad I came back into this thread and saw that awesome link, Dany! How cool is your discovery! I played and played with several of them and had the best time. I found on some, the mouse created better results than my tablet and stylus!

But, Dany, the one thing I don't understand is once you download one of these, what do you need to do to use it on your own computer? I'm clueless as to what I need to do it and then use it in ArtRage.

flyashy
02-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Ah, thanks so much Dany for sharing this secret :D
I love things like this (the other fave being Alchemy!)
So I spent a fair bit of time on the site playing around with those swirly forms and then BAM I got a few forms ;)
Here they are, I thought I'd share the fun I had!!

flyashy
02-09-2010, 09:00 PM
and some more..
:D

flyashy
02-09-2010, 09:03 PM
All I want now is a brush in AR that'll do the same for me..
then I'm going to be rooted to my computer!!!

hmmm...maybe with that lazy nezumi thingy and variable rotation....

*runs off to have a go at it...*

:D :D

flyashy
02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
But, Dany, the one thing I don't understand is once you download one of these, what do you need to do to use it on your own computer? I'm clueless as to what I need to do it and then use it in ArtRage.

I just used printscreen and pasted&cropped it in an image file..

Dany51
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
How do you save the picture from that site? I could do a screen grab but I'm hoping that it can be saved within the program?

Thanks! @ D Akey : What initially I did was to capture the screen image
but if the executable that we can download can be integrated to the program
it would be fine for me . A call to the Experts !!

Wow....I'm glad I came back into this thread and saw that awesome link, Dany! How cool is your discovery! I played and played with several of them and had the best time. I found on some, the mouse created better results than my tablet and stylus!

@ Eileen : All I can see is that you have in the download a web page that you open and have the Visual Effect in there, you can capture the image and make the background transparent.
I don't know if is possible to integrate the executable to the program.:)
I am glad you like it .

@ flyashy : I am glad you like it, you did wonderful results,
good ideas, thank you to share it .
I think is not indispensable to be in the program,
as is only one color, is possible to use the visual effect on the page
and after re-size it and change it as you like.Is a nice and elegant toy :)Can make a good design !!

Caesar
02-10-2010, 11:19 AM
I don't know which magical trick and spell You used to get this transformations and levitations, but it's another incredible beauty!

Dany51
02-10-2010, 11:25 AM
well, obviously the Visual Effects have a success not only for me,
I will be glad if you give it a try, I saw that You occasionally do also abstract art . Just follow the links , download the pages and is easy to integrate the images to an Art Rage composition.:)

Lima
02-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Dany wonderful, thanks for the links.

amberstorm2265
02-13-2010, 10:33 AM
having played around with grappa i got to digging around the net and found an adobe air application called fractal 4d.

it seems to be a very similar program to grappa and has lots of alterable variables and can export a picture to PNG.

thought maybe grappa fans would enjoy playing with it too

Belvrog
02-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Wow Dany. Thanks alot for sharing. Fantastic tool. Love it. Great paintings Dany and Fly !!!

flyashy
02-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Thanks Belvrog.
@amber,
thanks for the heads up on fractal 4D. I have a question, is it interactive like Grappa?
I mean I hope it is not like a psd filter ( there were quite a few fractal flame generators in that way like KPT & There is not too much info on the site..)I ask this because it needs me to install Adobe Air, and since my system is already so cluttered up with these things I wanted to make sure it's interactive before i went around installing stuff.. :D

amberstorm2265
02-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Flyashy.... it "appears" to me to be completely interactive in same way as grappa is , but with more bells and whistles.... my only reservation is as to how the quality of the final image compares...

by default it outputs to Illustrator, which i dont have, there is a setting to untick that then dumps a PNG to your desktop,

so i am unsure if the resulting image is a better quality if in illustrator..

the downloadable has editable colour and line settings, opacity, layers and various blend modes.

i first had it on my resource challenged laptop and it works okay if maybe a touch slowly...

hope this helps

flyashy
02-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Hey Amber,
Thanks Very Much!
Yes it's interactive!!
& I had some great fun with it, it's got more control than Grappa, but haven't managed to produce anything of significance from it yet :)
I also wanted to thanks you for introducing the Adobe Air... I found along with Frac 4D this lovely program there called Livebrush, which is also quite brilliant, sort of like Alchemy marries Something graphical..very much fun..
here's a couple of quick results :)

Dany, sorry to hijack this thread, it wasn't my intention, but I just got a lil excited to share the new find :)