PDA

View Full Version : Thai Cartoon - Playing telephone

Jasminek
02-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi,

Just a little project while I am on vacation in Asia. I am trying to draw cartoon, Thai style. Any comments are very welcome,

Cheers!
Jasminek

as212
02-08-2010, 05:21 PM
This is the prototype of the phone, very interesting paintings,Jasminek.

Eileen724
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
What a delight this is Jaminek! I love the idea behind "playing telephone". I remember doing this when I was a youngster!

337_lee
02-08-2010, 07:58 PM
My brother and I built a phone like that when we were kids. If I remember right, you actually had to shout so loud, the wire between the two cans really didn't make any difference. Brings back an old memory. Thanks

My daughter-in-law (who was born and raised in Asia) often draws little cartoon characters in a similar style on handwritten notes and cards. She has a different little character for each member of the family, and I've saved most of them just because I liked the style, even though the note might be something simple like "come for coffee later"

coops
02-08-2010, 10:50 PM
So cute, its very nice:)

justjean
02-08-2010, 10:52 PM
How cute :)

Alexandra
02-09-2010, 12:59 AM
So sweet!:)

Evart
02-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Aww, this is so adorable :)

Jasminek
02-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Hi,

Thanks to as212,Elleen724,337 Lee, coops, justjean,Alexandra and Evart for your sweet comments.

It was funny when I was growing up in the Northern part of Thailand, telephone was not a common thing but we somehow thought about this type of communications. Telephone existed at that time in Bangkok and to communicate between provinces, telegraph was used. We called this play "Talagap", Thai words derived from "Telegraph". With all your posts, they made me realize that most of us kids NEVER saw a phone, hmm, how did we think of this game?:confused: Not from movie either, I assure you, so the mystery and magic of being a child continues!!!!:)

Lima
02-10-2010, 12:34 AM
JasmineK this is a really cool image. I as a child played a lot with phone wire. Beautiful and fun in every way. Congratulations, the colors are beautiful and the composition further. Interestingly, I also produced an image that I called the phone can, I have not posted yet in the Children's thread, but I'll post soon. Thank you,

Jasminek
02-10-2010, 03:21 PM
orianelima, I remember posting children play cartoon with your thread, somehow this one I forgot all about your thread. :confused: This one can go there too.

Drawing Thai cartoons, children seem to be appropriate and what else can children enjoy most besides playing? I have to work on the characters and still have a long way to go. Thanks for your sincere comments.:)

AT-TA
02-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Would be wonderfull in a childrens book...Jasminek...WHere on earth came you to this Nick, Jasminek? I know already one meaning of it...;)

Caesar
02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Delicious painting! It also reminds me some of the old time self-made, instructive toys ...

flyashy
02-11-2010, 01:00 AM
I like their haircuts & the expression of the girl!
:)

sabena
02-11-2010, 01:08 AM
hi jasmine

This painting is expressive very well done:)

Jasminek
02-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Hi,

Thanks ro Caesar, flyashy and Sabena for encoring comments. Working on drawing Thai cartoons make me remember the childhood, strange when I am turning 60 this year, isn't it? Hubby who is turning 69 this year said that "Remember the past well is a sign of old age." Well, now I know why when I asked certain questions of his life in the past he said "I don't remember.":D

Che:)ers!