PDA

View Full Version : Pond for Wayward Ducks

barnburner
02-06-2010, 06:07 PM
This little out of control duck seemed to be in need of a home to get
him back on the straight and narrow - so I created one. :)
Artrage 2.5, lots and lots of layers, with a mouse. (One of these days, I'm going to step up to a tablet)

AT-TA
02-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Yes, you created a very nice home for her barnburner... nice compo also...

as212
02-06-2010, 10:03 PM
barnburner, Quiet, clean, this is the scenery on earth do, good wonderful...

Evart
02-07-2010, 03:01 AM
I love it! The leaves on the trees look so real, and you know I just love how you paint the grass. :)

Valerie
02-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Terrific work barnburner love the grass.

barnburner
02-07-2010, 06:45 AM
AT-Ta, As212, Evart, and Valerie - Many thanks to each of you for your kind comments.
I'm trying to learn something new, even if it's just something small, with each painting.

Bobbi
02-07-2010, 07:10 AM
You're doing very well with the mouse.

coops
02-07-2010, 07:34 AM
A wonderful peaceful painting Barnburner.:)

barnburner
02-07-2010, 08:21 AM
You're doing very well with the mouse.

Thanks Bobbi... All I can say is - Thank God for layers!! :) Without them, I'd be in trouble. LOL..

barnburner
02-07-2010, 08:21 AM
A wonderful peaceful painting Barnburner.:)

Thank you very much coops.

paul_uk7
02-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Great painting:)

Caesar
02-07-2010, 10:03 AM
It's a quiet and pleasant place to stay. The foreground grass is particularly nice and luxuriant.
I would only point out, as a minor point a little weird in my sight, that I woudl expect the pond to probably be reflecting the tree rather than showing its light shadow on the surface.

barnburner
02-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Great painting:)

Many thanks Paul! :)

barnburner
02-07-2010, 10:11 AM
It's a quiet and pleasant place to stay. The foreground grass is particularly nice and luxuriant.
I would only point out, as a minor point a little weird in my sight, that I woudl expect the pond to probably be reflecting the tree rather than showing its light shadow on the surface.

Actually, that's what I tried to show, if I understood you correctly. I just didn't do it very good. :)
Anyway, thank you Caesar. I so appreciate it.

Caesar
02-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Ops, I apologize. I hope I wasn't undelicate observing it!
If it may be of some help, what I know about reflexes is that, apart the geometry building rules You may better find in some manual, You should repeat the almost the same colours of the reflected object (with some of the sky colour tone) and the light tones appears a little darker and viceversa. Details and resolution depends on how calm is the water ...

barnburner
02-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Ops, I apologize. I hope I wasn't undelicate observing it!
If it may be of some help, what I know about reflexes is that, apart the geometry building rules You may better find in some manual, You should repeat the almost the same colours of the reflected object (with some of the sky colour tone) and the light tones appears a little darker and viceversa. Details and resolution depends on how calm is the water ...

Caesar - no apologies needed. I'm appreciative of any helpful criticism - very much so. As an artist, I make a pretty good shade tree mechanic.. I'm just learning bit by bit, trial and error, so don't feel bad about your observation at all. I was a bit uncertain when I painted the tree shadow. Now, I have at least somewhat of a better idea of how it should be.
I made a correction and reuploaded. Is this headed in the right direction?
Thanks!

Eileen724
02-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Lovely painting especially with the thought of you doing this with a mouse, Michael! You're definitely coming along really nicely and Caesar is a wonderful teacher and very supportive of all of us here. You'll do very well under his guidance!

BTW.....a Bamboo Fun (small size) is around $99 at Best Buy if you're interested in a tablet and pen and don't want to spend too much money upfront. That' what I did and then when I felt I was going to be more serious with it all, I gave my husband a BIG pout face and he let me get a more costly one - Intuos 4 - for an early B-Day last summer!!! Heck, you can even probably find some really nice used ones cheaper on e-bay!

barnburner
02-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Lovely painting especially with the thought of you doing this with a mouse, Michael! You're definitely coming along really nicely and Caesar is a wonderful teacher and very supportive of all of us here. You'll do very well under his guidance!

BTW.....a Bamboo Fun (small size) is around $99 at Best Buy if you're interested in a tablet and pen and don't want to spend too much money upfront. That' what I did and then when I felt I was going to be more serious with it all, I gave my husband a BIG pout face and he let me get a more costly one - Intuos 4 - for an early B-Day last summer!!! Heck, you can even probably find some really nice used ones cheaper on e-bay!

Thank you Eileen, for both the kind comment, and the heads up on the tablet at BestBuy.
I'm going to hold off on moving up until I feel I've learned enough to make it a worthwhile investment,
but I appreciate the thought. :)

Bobbyray
02-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Excellent! Ya know, there is a difference between TRYING and DOING....you are the latter....nice artwork! It kinda reminds me of a place I once knew. NIce and thanks for the memories.

barnburner
02-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Excellent! Ya know, there is a difference between TRYING and DOING....you are the latter....nice artwork! It kinda reminds me of a place I once knew. NIce and thanks for the memories.

Many thanks! I really do appreciate it.