PDA

View Full Version : A colourful mate caricature .. (and ref)

Caesar
02-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Well then, here's our dear Alkatratzer .....:D
You know, I can hardly resiste a challenge ....;):)
I hope he's recognizable and You like the purposedly deviced style.
Watercolour on one layer ...

... I'd better add his picture too....

Alexandra
02-06-2010, 04:06 AM
What a talent you have Cesare! This is wonderful!:):):):):):):)

paul_uk7
02-06-2010, 04:10 AM
Thats very good, really like it.

coops
02-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Thats a superb painting Cesare and I am sure that Alkatrazer with agree. Great job:)

Caesar
02-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Thank You, dear Sandra, Paul and Katie!:)
Actually the fault (the merit, I'm kidding) was Jules', because she started a Paint an Avatar thread in the Project section ...
Have a look there too (and contribute in case) if You like to ...;):p

mannafig
02-06-2010, 10:48 AM
How could Alkatrazer not love it you have done yet another amazing portrait dear Cesare:):)

Jules
02-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Al Kratzer LOL

thanks for the the mention Caesar :)

Caesar
02-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Thank You, dear Amanda! The initial idea was to use primary and secondary colours only (the ones he uses) or primary and mixes thereof, but I eventually kept it colourful with a slightly broader range of hues I picked intuitively.
The black and white of his jail pijama is instead based on white (all colours) and black (ansence of any colour).:)

You're welcome Jules! Alkratzer was changed into Akatratzer, i.e. a guest of Alcatraz prisons ...;):D

AT-TA
02-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh my, Ceasar, you are getting naughty...:eek:Poor Al, but that shirt suits him well i must say...and you've done him all red...anyway... very good wc portrait..now i am beeing naughty also... because of you.. dear Ceasar...:D

Juz
02-06-2010, 12:56 PM
So clever Caesar, extremely well observed.:cool::eek::) Love that you've worked Al's colourfulness (paint and personality) into this portrait.:):)
He may want to give that referee gurnsey a wash before taking to the field ;)

alkratzer
02-06-2010, 01:02 PM
In case you have not visited the original thread in the Art Projects section, please do there are a few more hilarious renditions of my mug there as well, plus other work. I answered everyone on who did a painting of me over there, but out of massive respect for Caesar, I'll repost my comments on this thread as well.

Snip ----

Love what you did and especially the addition of the prison stripes shirt -- probably a LOT of people on this forum and elsewhere who think I should be locked up for crimes against art and man.

... you did an admirable job in ripping me on my art style as well. Well done indeed!!!

Jules
02-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Thank You, dear Sandra, Paul and Katie!:)
Actually the fault (the merit, I'm kidding) was Jules', because she started a Paint an Avatar thread in the Project section ...
Have a look there too (and contribute in case) if You like to ...;):p

Blame jules lol...:p

YetiBite
02-06-2010, 01:45 PM
i like mates expression

Eileen724
02-06-2010, 02:10 PM
What a delightful and whimsical painting you did, Caesar of Alkratzer (Al)! The colorful palette mixed with your style and humor has created one of the best avatars I've seen! Bravo!!!

as212
02-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Caesar, I am surprised that your expression, and your color, then the perfect.

Jules
02-07-2010, 12:12 AM
You're welcome Jules! Alkratzer was changed into Akatratzer, i.e. a guest of Alcatraz prisons ...;):D

ALcatrazer LOL.....it Reminds me of alkaseltzer the stomach tonic (sorry Al) bless hehe...:D

Evart
02-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Oh yeah, I really like this Caesar. Very colorful!

byroncallas
02-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Excellent Caesar. Clever idea that you nailed dead on. :)

Caesar
02-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Dear AT-TA, should I start getting worried, since You're getting naughty too?:D Thank You very much for blessing my work!

As an expert of colours, dear Juz, You immediately hit the point, i.e. my attempt to use Al's primary and some secondary colours of his gorgeous style.
Thank You!

Thank You, YetiBite! Unfortunately I don't know him personally so I could only base on the picture he provided ...

Dear Alkratzer, it was a pleasure (and an Oktoberfest, Your name sounds so German) to have had the privilege to deal with Your mug :D. I hope this advertisement have induced everybody to visit and contribute to Jules' thread.
I'm really honoured by Your appreciation and would thank You very much for Your positive comment!

Dear Jules, sorry, but You have to take Your own responsibilities for this :D
Thanks!:)

Too kind of You, my dear Eileen! Anyway it cannot be better than Your joyful smile Avatars that improves my mood everytime it happens to me to see it appearing and commenting so warmly and enthusiastically! Than You!

Almost as colourful as my last still life, dear Evart. :p Glad You found it beautiful and thank You!

Thank You, dear Byron. I promised it to Jules and I did it after lunch in less than one hour, as said ... Probably a Muse kissed me before starting, so I went straight on up to the end without any major difficulty.

dadicrunch
02-07-2010, 08:17 AM
hehe this one is great :)

and now I'm trying to figure why 1034 ? ;)

Cheers,

Pedrito

Caesar
02-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Thank You, dear Pedrito ! :)
1034 .... mmhhh, let's see. Birth of King Casimir the I of Poland and death of King Malcom the II of Scotland. A good and a bad news ...:D

Lima
02-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Really very nice, and fun:p

Caesar
02-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Thank You, dear Oriane! It was a way to test the most vivid colours and contrast as an alternative to a tonal portrait.

jonwood
02-08-2010, 06:15 AM
great work Caesar really like it...

Caesar
02-08-2010, 08:08 AM
I thank You very much, dear Jonwood! :)

D Akey
02-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Bravo x 1000 = Yay!

Great caricature. Very whimsical but not grotesque.

Colors are ones I would probably never use together, but you make them work really really well.

SCP
02-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Such a bright Colourful caricature Caesar! Very interesting use of AR tools,well done my friend!;):):)

weembaman
02-08-2010, 03:48 PM
well done, I find the colors very interesting...:)

Caesar
02-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Dear D Akey, Your judgement makes me really proud of this work.
Thank You! :)
I wouldn't turn any portrait or caricature into grotesque, especially with mates or friends in here, because I couldn't really be nasty with them. That's something I would do just for satyrical or sarcastic reasons to blame serious faults committed against human beings or mankind or the environmenet and so on ...
As for the palette, I just tried to use mainly primary and secondary hues (and wet-on-wet mix of them) to reflect Al's palette and avoid a wide tonal range, also playing intuitively with complementary contrasts to keep them vivid.
I'm too lazy to start with and stay within manuals recommended harmonic and limited palettes, either for tonal or colourful paintings ... This means I tend to use too many colours and I need many corrective actions to achieve a good enough balance in my outcomes, but when I sucseed, it provides some nice surprises here and there.

Dear SCP, the nice aspect of AR3 is that You can test or have fun extensively and, especially with watercolours, find or build around some happy accident ou may ignite working with a higher degree of freedom, reducing the most controlled part, to possible starting sketch and to the ending phases. In a way You may express a good insight of ourself working quite quickly and spontaneously in the intermediate steps.
Thank You!

Weembaman, my dear friend, welcome back! What a pleasure to have You here again! I hope You're fine now and wish You all the best and to see soon some of Your unique artpieces!
Thank You for Your kind comment too!

justjean
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Love the expression on his face and the great colours

Caesar
02-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Thank You, dear Justjean! The expression is mostly merit of and the colours are much inspired by ...Alkratzer himself! :D