PDA

View Full Version : Turquoise Emersion

Alexandra
02-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Another wild bunch of flowers. Experimenting again with colors, effects, and transformations. Watercolor with no liquid, pen, and airbrush combined with Peter's effects. Hope you like it.:)

mannafig
02-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Very striking dear Sandra love that colour love it:):)

Alexandra
02-05-2010, 04:36 AM
Thank you Amanda! What a wake up picture, huh?:D

paul_uk7
02-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Amazing and beautifully vivacious, painting indeed.
The colours go so well together.:)

as212
02-05-2010, 05:11 AM
Dear Alexandra, Show you the details of the flowers.... then the lively..... I am from right to spend a new thinking. very perfect.

Valerie
02-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Wow Alexandra this is fabulous, what a winner.

Dany51
02-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Beautiful harmony of coulors !

It can be a pattern for a summer dress, for sure is a very pleasant and fresh bunch of flowers :)

L Skylar Brown
02-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Alex - Another outstandind "Experiment". Girl, you sure have a way with color!!!

Caesar
02-05-2010, 07:12 AM
You're getting more and more stunning, original and decorative with Your artpieces, dearest Sandra! Marvellous!

Andrea
02-05-2010, 07:23 AM
That's so nice Alexandra, it has a strong graphic feel -- you could maybe try to make it more defined (using mainly the pen tools) and also try variations on hue, it could become a beautiful desktop wallpaper :)

alien23
02-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Love the colours, beautiful painting.

AT-TA
02-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Interesting colors on the flowers... maybe they are comming from mars, who knows... as usually, lovely, fresh and upbeat.. like this little work...

justjean
02-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Beautiful :)

Alexandra
02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Paul, Thank you-this was new in my color experiments-so happy that you liked it!:)

as212, Thank you so much!:)

Valerie, Thank you, I appreciate that!:)

Daniela, Wouldn't that be lovely! Thanks!:)

Skylar, Thank you, I appreciate that, and I am so happy that you liked it!:)

Cesare, How nice of you, thank you!:)

Andrea, I agree-and I am so happy that you wrote this. When I uploaded it, I thought the same thing. I would like to go over with more definition, and hue. I appreciate your CC and please keep them coming. I have really enjoyed your art.

alien, Thank you!:)

AT, Yes they are! My mother takes her yearly trip to visit relatives and brings back illegal specimens. Hee hee.:o:p Thank you for your sweet comment!:)

Jean, Many thanks!:)

Aunt_Betsy
02-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Gorgeous flowers!!! What a splendid use of color.

Alexandra
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Thank you Aunt Betsy! I love to try something totally different and unexpected at times.:D

SCP
02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
WOW!:eek: The brightness of this one is amazing Alexandra,very clean powerful image ,well done.;):)

Alexandra
02-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Hi Scott, Thank you so much! :)

Evart
02-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I need sunglass :D Wow Sandra, this is one bright and cheery work of art. I simply love it :)

RobertSWade
02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
A sunglass warning would have been nice. :eek:
You're surely not old enough to remember 60s and 70s pop art posters. This would have sold a million.
Nice touch with the subtle use of pinks. :)

Eileen724
02-05-2010, 04:18 PM
What a beautiful and fanciful painting, Alexandra! I love the turquoise and find the title very fitting! I also love how you did the center of the flower since it really adds that extra punch! This even has a sense of 3D for me.

totalspace
02-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Wow ..that's looks good.

Mike Severoff
02-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I join previous speakers :)

coops
02-05-2010, 11:34 PM
This is wonderful Sandy, love the vibrant colours. Great:)

D Akey
02-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Really in the land of design now. Very compelling image. Are you actually doing pattern design ideas over the last few paintings? Because they're quite interesting flavors that you're creating with both color and shape, and edges and so on.

This is a lot more in your face grabby than the other softer ones that lay back in the traditional somewhat.

I think it's an art in itself to pair design with a theme, whether youthful, flowery, punchy, goth, kicki etc. Like laying a punchy graphic print over a teenage girl with blue hair would work etc.

Nothing to do with your image per say, but I've gone through changes because of art. In the past I might have at first glance rejected certain patterns and decorations when I mentally place it in a context that I operate in. But when the same work is combined in the right circumstance it turns out to be perfect, and often a better solution. A big stretch for me going through different magazines and seeing just how they're meant to be seen. And voila.

So I tend to look at visuals in that light. And that's why it's so much fun looking at all the paintings that come through these forums. It keeps me wide open. And new ideas just pour in.

I like this work to begin with, but it also alludes to something new for me. Thanks!

Alexandra
02-06-2010, 05:24 AM
Evelyn: I really wanted to shock the viewer. I guess I was being a bit naughty that morning huh?:p:D

Bob: My sisters and brother were born in the early fifties. I grew up with their albums and the best music in history. I came nine months after a camping trip in the Rockies in the early sixties.:D So I was the baby of the family that tagged along with the others listening to every thing they played and talked about. I appreciate your comment sweet friend!:):):):):)

Eileen, Thank you so much! That is what I intended, sometimes I get carried away. I am so happy that you liked it.:)

Totalspace, Thank you so much, I appreciate that!:)

Michael, Thank you so much! I thought about the fairies that you saw in my last one with the forsythias, and next time I will put one in for you.:)

Katie, Thank you so much for your kind comment, I am always happy to see your smiling face and kind words!:)

D-Akey, Thank you sir! To me painting is like playing baseball. Sometimes to play a good game, you need to throw a curve ball.:D