PDA

View Full Version : Ducks

Austin_Texas
03-22-2006, 03:51 PM
I got out one of my painting books, found a picture I liked, and tried to recreate it in ArtRage for practice (without any tracing paper). The reference picture I used was in a book titled "How to Capture Movement in Your Paintings". The original is by the artist Denis Burns and is called "Four Duck Play". I only put 3 ducks in my version. I made the matt borders in a graphic program called PhotoBrush. I hope to make some totally original paintings when I get better at painting and better at using ArtRage. This program is soo much fun to use!

Michael

AndyRage
03-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Nice! The reflections in the water are great. It implies a complex forest scene without actually showing it, giving the scene a good sense of being somewhere.

Very cool.

AndyRage.

Fashmir
03-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Reminds me of a fall trip up into Minnesota I took a few years back. Nice impression.

Austin_Texas
03-25-2006, 02:24 AM
Thanks,

I really like your pictures, especially Autumn-Lane....it's soo peaceful. How long have you been painting? Are you an artist for a living?

Michael

Fashmir
03-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks Michael,

My wife wants me to paint "Autumn Lane" on a large canvas or board so I guess I'll be painting that one twice. I am an artist for a living. I worked for many years in the video game industry as a 2D 3D artist/animator. These days I am here in Portland, Oregon working at an animation studio that pays it's bills by doing television commercials. www.bentimagelab.com. I am in the position of 2D generalist doing anything from concept art to post production work in After Effects and Photoshop. What I really love to do is draw and paint my imaginings. That I haven't found a way to get paid for yet, but I'm working on it. :wink:

Be Well Michael,

Fashmir

byroncallas
01-24-2010, 03:11 PM
The water here is such a wonderfully bold treatment. I love it. :)

Evart
01-24-2010, 03:25 PM
This is a very stunning painting. I like the colors in the water :)

Valerie
01-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Michael your painting is terrific.

coops
01-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Water a wonderful painting. So colourful and I just love the water.:)