PDA

View Full Version : Solitude

jbyrjbyr1
01-29-2010, 06:41 PM
I ran across a picture of a barn in a rugged and isolated area bounded by a mountain range and was struck by its rough beauty and almost serene lonliness. I diverged a great deal from that scene while trying to keep that powerful sense of solitude.

Done with watercolor, airbrush, knife, eraser (of course...I ALWAYS need lots and lots of eraser!) and I also finally tried the stencil spray (I have not yet decided whether I like what I did with it though).

As always, C&C welcome; and thanks for stopping by.:)

jb

coops
01-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Wow JB thats a beautiful landscape and a peaceful place to be. Great work again:)

Eileen724
01-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Wow, JB....those mountains are just beautiful! I love what you've done and made this landscape your own! It's lends itself to bringing peace and serenity to whomever views it!

Alexandra
01-30-2010, 03:26 AM
Beautiful JB. I could imagine this very easily ahhhhh peaceful.:)

Caesar
01-30-2010, 03:40 AM
You got an interesting outcome anyway and ... I guess, You also learned a lot of how-to-es to furtherly improve along this path.;):)

Valerie
01-30-2010, 03:54 AM
JB this is terrific and I also like the Mts

carlcath
02-01-2010, 08:09 AM
I like your mountains. I was wondering, did you try a sky like the one you did in "castle ruins" on this work? I was wondering what that would do to the feeling of depth?

Nice work.
Carl

justjean
02-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Lovely mountains

barnburner
02-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Excellent Job. That shot of the Tetons with the barn in the foreground, is one of those beautiful pics around.
You did a fine job with it.

jbyrjbyr1
02-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I wish to thank you all for your kind and generous comments; having a community of folks like you to bounce my ideas and efforts off of is a truely wonderful blessing for me. Although I don't have as much time to comment on eneryone else's work as I might like (and to be honest, I'm new to this and feel my opinions should not carry the same weight as those of you with skills far beyond my own), I do review as many as I possibly can...to enjoy, to study and, hopefully, to learn from.

Caricath, your idea of an alternate sky caught my attention. I did not redo the sky in the same style as the "castle ruins" work you mentioned but imported both paintings into a new file and merged them using "castle ruins" sky over "solitude" just to get an idea of what you were suggesting. I'm not sure which I prefer (I "think" I like the original version more but...). Decide for yourself...

Evart
02-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Love the landscape jb :)

SCP
02-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey JB,nice landscape,wonderful mountain range.:)
I think your first sky works well,the 2nd seems a bit too light,just my 2 cents.Keep up the good work;)

carlcath
02-02-2010, 06:04 AM
I think the 2 nd one shows more depth, but it may be because a second range of mountains shows up in the lighter sky. Also, I happen to like work with clouds in the sky and that may have something to do with it. Nice landscape. Good job.

And by the way, don't hesitate to comment on someone elses work. I think a comment is not a statement about your ability as an artist. It is a persons opinion based on their life experiences and personal likes. When you see something you like, give the artist a kudo. If you wonder why someone did something, ask.

Again, nice landscape.
Carl

Lima
02-02-2010, 10:09 AM
JB just so good. Very nice composition and very very well done..:eek: