PDA

View Full Version : Broken Dreams

coops
01-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Hope you like this one:)

L Skylar Brown
01-26-2010, 08:41 AM
Very Pretty Imagry. I'm assuming this is a path either left behind, or not taken?

barnburner
01-26-2010, 08:47 AM
That is both really neat, and extremely well done.
Something tells me you had the deluxe edition of imagination installed at birth. :)

jonwood
01-26-2010, 08:56 AM
thats great !! looks as if they are dancing on mirrors......

mannafig
01-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Outstanding dear Katie This is amazing really love it as Jon said looks a bit like dancing on mirrors:):)

coops
01-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments , dancing on mirrors is the next one in the series, I have just finished it. Its weird how you came up with that when I was actually finishing it. Will post it now.:)

Valerie
01-26-2010, 09:16 AM
coops this is fabulous and I can't wait to see the other one

Lima
01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
That is both really neat, and extremely well done.
Something tells me you had the deluxe edition of imagination installed at birth. :)
I agree... stunning image:eek::eek::eek: Coops

Caesar
01-26-2010, 10:25 AM
You must be a descendant of Toulouse-Lautrec, dear Katie, since You have the same passion for dancing subjects too!
Lot of fun I guess ....

Tonyjazz
01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
What really works for me on this painting is the movement you've given the dancers in a surreal/abstract setting.................well done!

Dany51
01-26-2010, 12:49 PM
A balerina in a multidimensional space, very nice colors in it :)

Alexandra
01-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh, I love this Katie, Well done!!!!!:):):):):):)

Evart
01-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Beautiful work. I like it :)

D Akey
01-26-2010, 03:49 PM
What an unexpected picture for you Ms. Coops. I haven't been around a lot lately but you seem to favor the organic. But like so many people who dive into something that is contrasted with their favored directions, this both seems like what it appears, but also it projects out in a way that is even more emphatically a personal tone 'in other words'. Like black to white, like Jimi Hendrix coming up with The Wind Cries Mary, like a gentle giant.

This painting holds the grace of a ballerina. Yes, the shattered panes of the 'stages', the performances, the spotlight. It evokes wonder and sympathy. For me it's 'what did I miss by missing the context of the world at that time?' So many marvels in this treasure trove of experiences. And it's wonderful to visit the descriptions of the wonders within when shared by artists of all kinds (ie people who love what they do where the doing and the love go hand in hand. I call that art by any point in the spectrum).

Sorta says what we will all meet at some point or other = change. Dancing the Book of Changes.

For me looking at this image, I feel the muse shedding her scales like a dragon as she grows into. . . another shard incarnate of the Creative or Receptive spoken of by the ancient Chinese.

"When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse,
out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone. . ." Pink Floyd

Keeps me in Art, that temporal canvas.

Well done Ms. Coops. I'm catching myself rambling because I'm sleep deprived from working all day and night and I just thumbed a ride on your dream.

coops
01-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Thank you so much Valeries, dear Oriane, Cesare, Tony, Dany, Sandy and Evart for your lovely comments.:)
Dear Mr Akey, your words alway astound me. They paint such a vivid picture in my minds eye. When I read what you had said I thought, yes thats what I wanted to say with paint. I am delighted that you saw it. Thanks again:)

paul_uk7
01-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Exquisite painting, great colour choice.

coops
01-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Thank you Paul, you are very kind:)

pai
01-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Beautiful color and shapes. Love how you created those different dimensions. :)

coops
01-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks very much Pai, your comments are always appreciated.:)