PDA

View Full Version : Alien ambassador portrait

Andrea
01-25-2010, 03:54 AM
Another ArtRage speedy. A classical portrait of an alien ambassador.
Resized to half its original resolution.

weembaman
01-25-2010, 06:27 AM
I like it...Very interesting....:)

Alexandra
01-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Excellent Andrea!

Valerie
01-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Andrea this is fabulous

Andrea
01-25-2010, 07:59 AM
I thought maybe someone can be interested in some of the painting steps :

annie_okay
01-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Very nice. I wouldn't want a group of these landing in my front yard.

Andrea
01-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks to everyone for the feedback :)

He is actually a kind guy : currently his job is to lead the interstellar diplomacy in a delicate crisis between two planets. What started as a routine case soon developed into an intricate situation -- mainly cos one of the two planets is practically ruled by mafia (using a fictitious government). The poor ambassador was caught in such thoughts while the protocol required him to have a portrait painted by one of the Galactic Embassy painters.. which happens to be me ahah :D

That guy kept moving and talking to me, I did my best to somehow finish the painting. After I finished it he said that I made him look older than he is. People is never happy :)

paul_uk7
01-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Like your style, its extremely weldone.

uuderzo
01-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Really good style! :) I wonder how did you realize the background texture...

Evart
01-25-2010, 12:02 PM
When I came to just the top of its head, I thought I was looking at a guy bending over with his butt in the air, but when I scrolled down, it is truely an alien. This alien has a butt head LOL. j.k. You did a great job on it. :D

Eileen724
01-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Just incredible work for being a speedy, Andrea! I like your story behind it as well! Gave me a giggle that's for sure but Evart's comment gave me even a bigger giggle with her butt comment. She's just too funny!

BTW....the stages of your painting are great and really gives one the perspective behind your creative mind! Well done!

DMerchen
01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Nicely done. Great image, and yes, a classic.:D

justjean
01-25-2010, 06:02 PM
It's wonderful, espc. the suit :)

pai
01-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Very imaginative design. I like it and the rendering is so good. :)

Andrea
01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks to everyone! You're all so kind :)

The design of the head can be a bit weird yes, lol :D I wanted to create something uncommon, far from cliché and and from an humanoid approach. I imagined that big and soft head attached to an hard bone-like lower part. I don't think he is even supposed to "open" that mouth. Maybe sounds are getting our of the central crack, like modulated hisses.

Next ambassador will be a robot one (some early color sketches are already on my site but I wanna paint it again with ArtRage and a different style).

@uuderzo : the background texture is composed by a base layer of painting & palette knife + an "overlay" layer of some stickers noise + a "soft light" layer of a photo of the wall in my bathroom :)