PDA

View Full Version : New Firefox Personna

barnburner
01-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Something a little different.
Firefox 3.6 allows people to individualize their browser by making a "personna" that reflects whatever they want. So, I created one honoring my favorite all time singer - Waylon Jennings. Here is a copy of my firefox bar now.
I painted the entire bar black to fit the pictures that were going in, imported the pictures left and right, into artrage, then painted out the surrounding colors, and made several trial runs until I learned how to postion them. Then I exported,
used Photofiltre to add the Text.

Alexandra
01-24-2010, 10:05 PM
I love the creativity of Firefox, and you added a really nice one there!:)

hanzz
01-24-2010, 10:30 PM
That's something I'm really interested in ! I'm going to look into that !

Eileen724
01-24-2010, 10:53 PM
How cool is that, barnburner! I'll have to check that out as well since Firefox is the only browser for me! I've been using it for years and I just can't stand to use IE unless I absolutely have to. Thanks for sharing and I really like your design...it's wonderful!

hanzz
01-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Took me a while to figure out, as I'm kinda...........well you know...........

Finally found it though ! Thanks for this !!
Maybe something to supply with a custom made caricature for clients? Hmmm, sounds good to me !

barnburner
01-25-2010, 02:23 AM
I love the creativity of Firefox, and you added a really nice one there!:)

Thank you. I love the ability to tinker with things and make them reflect what I want. That's one of Firefox's greatest strengths.

barnburner
01-25-2010, 02:25 AM
How cool is that, barnburner! I'll have to check that out as well since Firefox is the only browser for me! I've been using it for years and I just can't stand to use IE unless I absolutely have to. Thanks for sharing and I really like your design...it's wonderful!

Thanks Homegirl! :)
Yeah, I started using Firefox back when it was like version 0.3 Beta. Took me no more than an hour or two to decide that IE was history.

barnburner
01-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Took me a while to figure out, as I'm kinda...........well you know...........

Finally found it though ! Thanks for this !!
Maybe something to supply with a custom made caricature for clients? Hmmm, sounds good to me !

Excellent job! That looks great.

Valerie
01-25-2010, 04:10 AM
Wow terrific I will have to look in to this.

barnburner
01-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Wow terrific I will have to look in to this.

Thanks Valerie. Here is the link for the instructions.
http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/demo_create

Lima
01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Very nice. I have to learn how to do. Thanks Barnburner:)

barnburner
01-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Very nice. I have to learn how to do. Thanks Barnburner:)

Thank you.
Maybe it was just me, but after doing it both ways, I found that if you are importing an image into the bar, it will be faster to find the right size and position, if you first use ArtRage to make it smaller than you think it should be.
When you are ready to test it in the browswer, leave
Artrage open, that way, you can just transform that layer, and move/resize the image as needed without starting all over.
Also, the instructions say the image should be 3000 x 200, and I'm not sure why, because that much length is not used. I made one 2500 x 200 and it worked just as well.

Eileen724
01-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Hey, that's a nice-to-know kind of thing, BB.....and thanks for the link! I was going to PM you for that but I see that you provided it here for us! How cool is Hanzz's persona? Thanks, once again!