PDA

View Full Version : Jealousy - A watercolour sketch

Caesar
01-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Not at all great painting, but rather a visually and synthetically expressed vision of the emblematic, powerful tragedy Shakespeare composed about jealousy in an hopefully pregnant scene where I tried to insert all the contrast of sentiments, doubts and urge to take a decision.
Only one was irreversible and tragic and unfortunately it was the one Othello ultimately took ....

wenkat
01-23-2010, 12:37 AM
It's a masterpiece by itself!:)

Eileen724
01-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Yes, what an unfortunate decision Othello made all because of jealousy, deception and a handkerchief! Your painting clearly depicts his struggle with his wife's unfounded affair and his choice to kill her. This is just wonderful and I love your interpretation of Othello and Desdemona in this painting! Desdemona is just stunningly beautiful!

Alexandra
01-23-2010, 03:05 AM
Hands clapping, magnifcent! Bravo Cesare!:)

uuderzo
01-23-2010, 03:27 AM
You're really mastering watercolour techniques! :)

barnburner
01-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Superb job - as usual.

ARTGEEK
01-23-2010, 04:45 AM
I think this is a great painting!!!!! Well done:)

Valerie
01-23-2010, 04:48 AM
Wow what an outstandinf job you did on this. :):):):):):):):):):):):):) You are so very good al all you do Caesar

Sketchism71
01-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Poetic, artistic, and masterfully painted! Well done Caesar!

mannafig
01-23-2010, 06:20 AM
Magnificent dear Cesare a fantastic illustration of a great story. superbly painted by your very talented hand:):):)

pai
01-23-2010, 06:58 AM
I really like this one from yours. Their expression are so great. Great painting and masterfully done. :):)

AT-TA
01-23-2010, 07:10 AM
This is watercolor as it should be: transparent and you've done a wonderfull job especially on the body of Othello...one could look at this for a very long time....

Caesar
01-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Than You, dear Wenkat, very kind of You! The idea was to just sketch by watercolour in view of a possibly more accurate work ...

Right Eileen! A good lesson to remind that we should always keep cool and that, anyway, no one can really believe to own another person, not even himself. but just love him/ her as he/ she is and may become. Love may be returned or not, more or less perfectly in case, but the main point is never our expectations, rather our good will and deeds. Thank You!

... and as for theatre, I bow repeatedly under Your clapping hands, dear Sandra. Thank You!

With some more patience You may get much from them, dear Uuderzo. On monday You'll see a mythological application too (I left the pen drive in my office) Thank You!

Dear Barnburner, thank You for Your warm appreciation!

Maybe, dear Artgeek, but it's ratehr a sort of flash sketching where I wanted to tell a story by fixing paradigmatic expressions. Thank You.

Dear Valerie, You flatter me really too much my friend. I'm glad anyway You enjoyed it!

Too much kind of You, dear Sketch! Thank You!

Dear Amanda, most of the merit goes to Shakespear indeed who is not that stranger to an Italian (also considering where a number of his tragedies take place). thank You!

I'm sure You'll soon enjoy other watercolours from me with stories and a much more gorgeous use of watercolours wet.on.wet hues, dear Pai.;) Thank You!

The body of Othello, You mean, dear AT-TA?:D Thank You for Your much appreciated comment, my friend!

coops
01-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Outstanding painting Cesare, both are painted beautifully:)

Evart
01-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Very, very nice. It reminds me of a murder mystery tale.

Lima
01-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Wonderful Caesar. Fantastic WC:eek:

Dany51
01-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Caesar, let me first make a critique , I understand it may be a symbol but this red drapery is too red and the background is not really at the level of the painting itself, well, anyway, who cares !

For the what is the most important the rendering of the two personages what I like the most is that feeling of an alla prima painting or of a non reworked piece of painting, the bust and face of Othello, his face expression,
the face of Desdemona are beautiful done, I also like the color palette that you use for them ,
perhaps I didn't saw all your blond personages but I find, from what I know, this one the better, You certainly find your way with AR3 watercolors.

Caesar
01-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Thank You, dear Katie! I hope I'll have the patience to take a watercoilour painting as complex as this one to a far better finishing stage, sooner or later ...

Dear Evart, there's undoubtedly a murder soon here, but no mistery at all ..:p
Anyway I see what You mean. In the old time of my youth, those books used to have illustrations like this (more accurater ones though).;) Thank You!

I cannot but thank You, dear Oriane, although it's not but a sort of study sketch where I started from the figures and I roughly completed the rest trying to figure out some hopefully fitting colour tones.

Thank You Dany for the compliments and also for the most appreciated constructive criticism I would subscribe. Curiously for me who used to like drawing and solid and concrete shapes and volumes, I adore watercolours in its many expressive possibilities, especially the delicate interplay of colours and transparencies ...