PDA

View Full Version : Fogged In

barnburner
01-21-2010, 03:54 PM
We have had fog every day this week....so.......................

Evart
01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
I like it :)

barnburner
01-21-2010, 04:42 PM
I like it :)

Thanks Evart. It's funny - considering there isn't much to see - it actually took a lot of work to get to the point to where you couldn't see anything. :)

paul_uk7
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Beautiful painting, I really like it, its very weldone indeed.:)

Eileen724
01-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Very neat and effective, barnburner! The fog is done remarkably well!

We've been having serious bouts of fog here in St. Louis as well all week. I am just glad I don't have to drive in it! We usually get hit harder than most in our area since we are located very close to the Missouri river and live in a low-lying area....

Alexandra
01-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Very nice barnburner. Where is the high lonesome?

barnburner
01-22-2010, 03:37 AM
Beautiful painting, I really like it, its very weldone indeed.:)

Thanks Paul. If I had been thinking, I would have saved the painting before I put the fog effect on, then I would have had two paintings! LOL..

barnburner
01-22-2010, 03:40 AM
Very neat and effective, barnburner! The fog is done remarkably well!

We've been having serious bouts of fog here in St. Louis as well all week. I am just glad I don't have to drive in it! We usually get hit harder than most in our area since we are located very close to the Missouri river and live in a low-lying area....

Well I'll be darned. We are almost neighbors!
We live in Valmeyer, Illinois - just on the other side of the Mississippi.
Thanks for the nice comment.

barnburner
01-22-2010, 03:42 AM
Very nice barnburner. Where is the high lonesome?

Thank you. "The High Lonesome" is an old western term for anywhere high up in the Rocky Mountains.
I live in Illinois, but the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, Wyoming and Montana are my favorite place on earth.

Sketchism71
01-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Simple design but very effective with some great atmosphere! The mountain in the far background is especially interesting with what appears to be glaciers on it! Nicely done!

Cycles4Fun
01-22-2010, 04:48 AM
it actually took a lot of work to get to the point to where you couldn't see anything. :)

I always thought the simple/uncomplicated looking things are more difficult because subtleties become very pronounced and eye seems to spot them easier. I like your painting. It looks like it is a cool morning with a slight breeze pushing the fog around. Very nice.

barnburner
01-22-2010, 04:57 AM
Simple design but very effective with some great atmosphere! The mountain in the far background is especially interesting with what appears to be glaciers on it! Nicely done!

Thank you very much.

barnburner
01-22-2010, 04:59 AM
I always thought the simple/uncomplicated looking things are more difficult because subtleties become very pronounced and eye seems to spot them easier. I like your painting. It looks like it is a cool morning with a slight breeze pushing the fog around. Very nice.

Very much appreciated. Thank you.