PDA

View Full Version : New AR Color Palette Picker Grabber Thingy

D Akey
10-23-2006, 03:07 AM
Hi,

One new AR update feature explained.

It's pretty awesome.

See attached pics, & have some fun.

You can pic a Manet, Whistler, or anything you can grab can become a palette.

And you can pick what fits in the palette template, so the size of your original matters. (i.e. If you want a small portion of your original as a palette, make the pic large. If not, make it small.)

Hope this helps.

Because there are 4 attachments, this carries over to the next post.

And please ignore the picture numbers. They are not labled right. But they are posted in the proper sequence.

:D :D :D

D Akey
10-23-2006, 03:14 AM
Step 2 of 2.

Rkngel
10-23-2006, 03:19 AM
WELL THATS JUST COOL!!!!!

I swear I feel we should have paid ALOT more for this program :oops:

drzeller
10-23-2006, 03:43 AM

Shhhh.... Andy is always watching 8) !

Imagine if they applied their intuitiveness to other graphic areas. I'd love to see their version of a photo cataloging/picture fixing application. Nah... Adobe or MS would buy them and shut them down!

D.

hanzz
10-23-2006, 04:26 AM
awesome d akey ! cool explanation.

Aged P
10-23-2006, 05:52 AM
Thanks for spelling that out D,

Just used that for a new picture. :)

Phil

cripster
10-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Hey D Akey thanks it was just what the doctor ordered for my next pick i'm trying :D :lol:

AndyRage
10-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Very cool tutorial, D Akey.
ArtRage does have many features, and the manual only touches lightly on many of them. It's great if experienced ArtRage users are able to add richer explanations and tutorials on some of the more obscure features.

Much appreciated!

cheeba
12-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Ooh, that's VERY cool, I might well be giving that a go with my next work. This prog's just full or surprises :wink:

bleepnik
12-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Dunno how I missed this post. Or, for that matter, this feature. How embarrassing. I know it's in the Tips & Tricks forum, but I thought this was another mockup of a feature request. *blush*

Thanks for the walkthrough, D Akey, and thanks RageDev for continuing to make AR the best 20 bucks I've spent in a long while.

ENCHANTER
12-25-2006, 01:47 AM
I MISSED THIS ONE TOO,

THANKS FOR THAT

:D

Selby
12-25-2006, 02:08 AM
here here :D :D :oops: :D :D

Selby

Torley
01-28-2007, 12:57 PM
What an awesome trick! Thanxarama I'm gonna try it on my next textures!

AndyRage
01-28-2007, 02:33 PM
And just think about all the other dozens of features in ArtRage that we haven't told you about an no-one has discovered yet?
:twisted:

Okay, okay... so almost everything is documented in the manual and/or shortcut key list somewhere.

xgothicgalx
02-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Wow!!! That's brilliant!!

I worked out you must be able to do that but I didn't know how...

Thanks a lot D akey!! :D

pai
02-09-2007, 12:46 PM
:) Hi Andy,

Ha..Ha..Don't be mad. Most artists don't like to read manual as you know. They just jump right to create and draw. Isn't that the main purpose why your team created this amazing Art Rage?

So easy to use, just pick up brush and start painting. (haha. like me without any drawing skill) :lol: Eventually, the featues/other tools will pick up because your Art Rage program can make people like me have patience to continue to draw. The best thing is it makes me feel like I am drawing.

Not like Photoshop and Corel. So difficult for me. :cry:

Thank you

pai

jvolkel
02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I found out that I can use the color picker-outer tool up in the reference photo without making it into a palette. It's probably not any faster, just another way to do it.

ejcarter
03-23-2007, 07:17 AM
THAT IS AWESOME!!!

I will probably do ALL of my children's book work in Artrage now that I know about this little trick.

jvolkel
03-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Oh yeah, another thing I found is that instead of choosing the little eyedropper tool every time I want to change color you can just press the Alt key and your tool will pick up the color from the reference , anywhere else in your painting, or the palette. I find this very helpful if I have put down a color and it got blended with something and I want to reproduce it somewhere else. Just use Alt and click on the color you want (or touch pen down using tablet), and off you go.
Probably, everyone else knew about this already, but it was a happy 'find' for me.

Adam Black
03-24-2007, 10:59 AM

What he said.

Bobbi
04-29-2007, 03:40 AM
I am having a blast with ArtRage. I have always loved to doodle and draw. Always wanted to try painting. This is a great tool. Every time I learn some new trick it just gets better. :D I have attached one of the first pictures I have tried with ArtRage.

Adam Black
04-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Foamy!

That's good stuff. I dig it. :D

FurrTrap
12-01-2007, 08:53 PM
There are some very cute ideas behind the design of AR. Ideas are everything...

FurrTrap
12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I am having a blast with ArtRage. I have always loved to doodle and draw. Always wanted to try painting. This is a great tool. Every time I learn some new trick it just gets better. :D I have attached one of the first pictures I have tried with ArtRage.

For a 1st that is gr8. Love to watch the sea and be on the beach. Brings up good memories of all the summers I have enjoyed by the sea.