PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

Caesar
01-20-2010, 01:39 AM
I prepared my Avatar avatar (not an echo) and I hope You like it (I didn't see the movie so far but I'm committed to take my two boys there).
Done on an imaginary self-portrait inspired by pictures of mine of 15 years ago (alas).

Actually I had just started a memory self-portrait sketch to change my Avatar (and rejuvenate me of about 15-18 years after I reviewed some of my old pictures I wouldn't be so narcissistic to show), when I got this idea from our lovely Sandra. I therefore superimposed a layer and hue-blended it together with another one when i drew the morphological changes.
I then quickly finished the paintings in its (rough) details!

misterpaint
01-20-2010, 03:25 AM
wow! amazing! :)

pai
01-20-2010, 03:27 AM
So cool one, Caesar. Very well painted too. I like it. Interesting self-interpreted Avatar that everyone has painted differently. Now, I see you in it. :)

coops
01-20-2010, 03:29 AM
Stunning Cesare, and I don't think you have change a bit.;):)

Caesar
01-20-2010, 03:42 AM
I'd show You the trick, that is what I was about to sketch with watercolours in view of a new avatar ....
Here it is.

Grazie Stefano, perņ troppo pane devo mangiare prima di raggiungere la tua accuratezza ed armonia stilistica ...

Thank You, dear Pai! You're right and I actually had also the funny idea that each of us may be changed into its Pandora planet's alien counterpart ....:D

Thank You very much, dear and sweet Katie!:o:p:) I fully share Your view .... until finish my dreams, wake up, go shaving ... and wear my glasses...:D

flyashy
01-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Haha Caesar,
that's so cool!
I'm sure all the Na'vi women are going to be flocking around you after this :)

and also, might I add, human women who live 15 years in the past ;)

Truly handsome portraits, both!

Caesar
01-20-2010, 04:07 AM
Thank You, dear Flyashy! And I didn't even show my gorgeous tail in here!;):D
This is also a first step excercise in view of approaching Frazetta's style and fantasy art (many thanks for the incentive), at least to go in that direction and see how close (or rather far) my trip will end ...

L Skylar Brown
01-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Awesome. I love seeing the process.

Alexandra
01-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Cesare!!!! This is an accurate avatar portrayal, and also of you, one of our most handsome forum members! You did well! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

As Mike also recited the tender line in the movie: "I see you":)

dremphex
01-20-2010, 06:51 AM

wenkat
01-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Really a unique display!

sabena
01-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Wow

Fantastic and wonderful Great work Caesar:eek::D

Sketchism71
01-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Brilliant Caesar! Well done!

ScottF
01-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Great Avatar avatar!

Caesar
01-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Dear Skylar-Brown, thank You! Actully the process was excogitated here all of sudden and just to turn it into a movie-like character.
Fortunately there are many ways to do it quickly with AR3.;)

Thank You, dearest Sandra.
More than handsome, I'm rather quite good with self-plastic-surgery to get my watch back to a decade and half ago ...;):p
Does it mean this Avatar is disguised well enough as a native so as to be allowed to reach Yours on Pandora (?) :D

Smart pun, dear Dremphex! Thank You!:)

Dear Wenkat, here I would have really needed one of Your weird landscape ... Thank You, my friend!

Sabena! It's so nice to have You back again! Thank You, dear friend!

Dear Sketch, I know should work a little more with my imagination and attention on the details and tones check at distance, but too many ideas and WIPs push to get out from my modest outlet ...:p Thank You!

Eileen724
01-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Your newest avatar is impressive indeed, Caesar! I'm looking forward into seeing the movie myself after seeing the premiere on TV.

I have to admit though that the imaginary self-portrait surely ranks you as the resident Italian stud-muffin in this forum!

mannafig
01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Fantastic Cesare really like the avatar one though both are incerdibly handsome you truly are a very talented man:):)

AT-TA
01-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Wowwww. if i only knew that i was dealing with such a handsome men, Ceasare... gosh i am blushing here... but i like what i see.... and a wonderful sketch, watercolor and all.... long live Ceasar....!!!! :-)

Caesar
01-20-2010, 11:33 AM
This one is an echo instead, dear Scott ...:D Thank You!

Dear Eileen, it sounds I would be good enough for breakfast ...:D Thank You for the warm appreciation of this new and particularly exotic Avatar!

My dear Amanda, I don't know how much of the talents You are referring to are actually relevant to me and how much to my parents ...:D Anyway I think You share many of them too, as far as I can see too on this Forum.;):) Thank You!

Dear AT-TA, I thank You very much indeed, but I must confess I'm actually not blue skinned, so I don't have all that pronounced exotic charm You seem to attribute to me.:D I realize ladies tend to blush :o in front of some of my words or my paintings here, so I must probably double check .... what's wrong with my attire.:p

screenpainter
01-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Great work Cesare. A fantastic idea to do the transformation. It turned out smashing. Beautifully painted.

Caesar
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Dear Albert, actually the smart idea is from Alexandra who did it first and I would thank her once more. I'm also glad and thank You for finding this outcome to be smashing (and resembling hopefully).

Lima
01-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Very nice:eek: and well done. Congratulations dear friend.

Caesar
01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
After the succes of the first two mates turned into Pandora's native, I would campaign for more of us making the change, dear Oriane! ;):D
Thank you!:)

mannafig
01-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I thank you dear Cesare for the compliments on my talents:):)