PDA

View Full Version : My Avatar (again, sorry)

Alexandra
01-19-2010, 02:56 PM
I saw the 3d IMAX version of Avatar this weekend. Drove in wicked rain to make it there by 2:30. Had to wait in a line after line, and finally after getting glasses and luckily finding joining seats for my daughter and myself, we sat down just in time for the film. Exhilarating and a complete thrill, I have joined a long list of fans of this movie.
I hope you don't mind one more avatar, I wanted to correct the hair. I am so glad that Rob made one, and gave me the idea.:)

Fashmir
01-19-2010, 02:59 PM
No apology needed Alexandra. This is great fun!

L Skylar Brown
01-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Well, personally, i love this. You can do as many variations as you please!

PICASO41
01-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Sandra

I see you :)

Mike

pai
01-19-2010, 04:14 PM
no sorry.ha.ha....I like it even though I haven't seen this movie, so many talks, reviews and images about Avatar thing. It's nice to see different artists who watch the movie and then painted their own "Avatar". don't know if i should watch it ..3 hours! :p:)

wenkat
01-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Excellent. More cool and apt. Congrats!:)

SCP
01-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Very Cool Alexandra,the braided hair is a nice touch too;):)

Evart
01-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Are you sure you wasn't the one who invented the look of these things? LOL This looks great Sandra :D

AT-TA
01-19-2010, 07:34 PM
You certainly do have good creating imagination, Alexandra. Do not know what is Avatar all about... so cannot say more then i see... vibrant colors and imagination at work...:-)

coops
01-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Sandy thats brilliant, well done and more please:)

paul_uk7
01-19-2010, 09:38 PM
I really like the way you have got the colours together here, its very wedone, excellent:).

Caesar
01-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Dearest Sandra, You had a brilliant idea and also a stunning talent transposing your features in such alien features and into a gorgeous face painted in an absolutely tasty perspective! :eek::cool::):):)
Congratulations, my wonderful friend!

Alexandra
01-19-2010, 11:21 PM
Fashmir, Thank you, and yes-this is fun indeed! I am so happy and not surprised to read that you are a professional artist, but also so happy and thankful to read that you are here sharing your talent and encouragement with this forum.:)

Skylar, Thank you, I am thrilled that you like it.:)

Mike, I see you! Wasn't that touching? There is so much meaning to this movie. It reminds me so much of the native american way of life. I won't say anymore since there are folks that haven't seen it yet.:o:)

Pai, Thank you for your comment!:) When you go to see it-don't have anything to drink!:o

Wenkat, Thank you so much for your generous comment!:):):):):)

Scott, Thank you! I sure would love to see one of yours!:)

Evelyn, Thank you! You know the artwork in this movie really appealed to me. My daughter said-Mom, this is the kind of stuff that you draw. Totally went crazy over it. Have you seen it yet? If not, it is well worth it!

AT, Thank you! If you see this movie, you will see that these artists are incredible! You should research the history of this movie. It is very interesting, and go see it if you get the chance.

Katie, I appreciate this so much! I would love to see you make one!:D

Paul, Thank you! :) I tried to make these markings from memory. I didn't want to look anything up on the internet and copy, though I could have done a much better job with a reference!:o

Cesare, As I had written Paul, I really should have used a photo reference, but instead drew from memory, which falls short these days due to too much being processed from day to day, but-last night was a night of relaxation and fun for me. I was so happy to be able to share it and even more happy and touched with the warm and friendly comments from such dear forum mates and friends such as yourself! Thank you Friend!:):):)

Caesar
01-20-2010, 12:34 AM
I got so involved by Your beautiful features in alien appearance, dearest Sandra, that I thought to reach You on that weird planet ...:rolleyes::o:D
Look at my next entry too, pls!

Valerie
01-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Alexandra this is awesome, just fantastic.

Sketchism71
01-20-2010, 07:09 AM
That is cool Sandra! All this will probably make more sense to me once I find the time to go see it! Sounds like this is definitely one to see in the theater! Well done!:)

ScottF
01-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Nice one, Alexandra!

mannafig
01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Amazing dear Sandra:):)

Alexandra
01-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Cesare, LOL! Pandora, here I come.:o:D And as far as your avatar, you should warn the ladies out here that they may end up with naughty alien thoughts!:eek::D

Valerie, Thank you so much! I saved a photo today to try to do the whole figure and merge my face into it as much as possible. It is not going well.:o Maybe it will be good for a laugh.:D

Eddie, Thanks! Hey-please go and see this artistic delight, but be prepared-go early, and grab your seats! I could not believe the wait and the crowd, or the price I must add.:o:)

Scott, Thanks so much!:):):):)

Amanda, Thank you and so happy you are back!!!!:)

Lima
01-20-2010, 12:17 PM
More beautiful and mysterious than the last.:eek:

Alexandra
01-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Thank you Dearest Oriane! I appreciate your kind words so much!:):):):):):):)

mannafig
01-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Thank you Sandra I am happy to be back I missed talking with you:):)

byroncallas
01-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Boy, they are all flying by I simply can't keep up. almost missed this - an it's fabulous. Great, bold, vibrant, and out-there wonderful work Sandy. :):):)

Alexandra
01-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Byron, Thanks so much for your kind and generous comment!:):):):):) I know exactly what you mean. I could not visit the forum last weekend, and when I was able, so many great paintings had come and gone! :)