PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin

jonwood
01-19-2010, 08:55 AM
I did this one a while ago...not sure on likeness but thought I'd post it anyway for your comments...thanks in advance..

Sketchism71
01-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Very well done Jon! I need to go see some photos of her again, my visual memory of her is not clear but this turned out nicely!;):):)

Alexandra
01-19-2010, 12:00 PM
R E S P E C T-is what it means to me-yeah a little respect! Love Aretha Jon, well done!

Evart
01-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Oh yeah, you did a great job on likeness. Nice :)

Eileen724
01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
What a wonderful rendition of Aretha! The likeness is spot on, Jon! Her skin tone may be a "little" darker in real life but I definitely hear, R-E-S-P-E-C-T, when I see your portraiture of her!!!!

pai
01-19-2010, 04:05 PM
I think you have achieved her likeness IMHO. Just go and hear her song "Respect" on youtube. :)

jonwood
01-20-2010, 09:02 AM
thank you all so much for your kind comments which are much appreciated.
Eileen yes the skin tone could be darker perhaps at some point I may give this another go..

AT-TA
01-20-2010, 09:48 AM
I heard her at some point in my life but cannot remember her...but according to you all she is or was really honorable person... so i will come back again...othervise as others said... very good painting... so see you...sooon:-)

jonwood
01-20-2010, 09:55 AM
AT-TA thank you...see you soon:):)

screenpainter
01-20-2010, 10:20 AM
I think you really captured an aspect of her personality. She does look like a queen which is appropriate for the queen of soul. Fun portrait. It's a great job on the caricature. I have seen her recently on VH1 and movies and her image can change quite a lot...even short blond hair. She is quite funny too and a bit street wise...quite a character... a side we never used to see much in her stately role.
At the inauguration of our president she was her dignified self and sounded wonderful... ah so what she forgot the lyrics to My Country 'Tis of Thee.

And here is a golden moment with Smokey Robinson, Rod Stewart and Elton John.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmYWGjFFs4k

with Mariah Carey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eaqos_4smo

jonwood
01-21-2010, 09:07 AM
gziarborne thank you for your comment .Yes she can change a lot as I found when looking for a photo for reference.thanks for the links too.:)