PDA

View Full Version : The Book of Brando

Brandogrey
01-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Here is where I doodle, brainstorm, and store my unfinished art. It is a bit of a private place, but you are welcome to peek inside and comment, though it is not required that you do so. Enjoy!

Brandogrey
01-17-2010, 11:40 PM
To defeat him, I must know him...

Brandogrey
01-17-2010, 11:44 PM
My wife Dyan (who absolutely hates looking at my rendition of her nose), and our daughter, Shannen... it's a work in progress. Man, I love that photo of them...

Brandogrey
01-17-2010, 11:50 PM
This is the one I'm most excited about. 'The Will of Man' - Can create cities, bend them at will, and propel him heavenward... a representation of the limitless potential of man's spirit...

Another work in progress. For some reason, I've been procrastinating doing the detail work on those front two buildings...

Brandogrey
01-18-2010, 12:02 AM
After gaging the responses I've received from the two or three friends who have seen this, I realized that the first two versions were not at all conveying the message. I was reminded of my childhood when I would draw a dog and people would say, "What a lovely horse!" I've decided to re-address this one, and work on the Statue of Liberty a little more...
And so it remains... another work in progress.

Alexandra
01-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Totally love these Brand! These are unique, and beautifully done! Your wife and daughter are so lovely and the portrait is wonderful!:)

Brandogrey
01-20-2010, 09:19 AM
thanks Alexandra... In a way, Artrage is a bit like cheating. I could never mix colors that way in real life. I just alt-click and take a sample of color... it's like a color palette on steroids.

ScottF
01-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Great offerings, Brando! Thanks for sharing.

(As an aside, your wife may not like your rendering of her nose, but you´ve got it just right after seeing the photo. Nothing wrong there. Both very lovely ladies!)

Brandogrey
01-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Three doors, three spirits that plague man. Three demons, three battles, three freedoms.

AT-TA
01-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Beautiful pictures, Brand... you must have the muse on your site all the time...:-) lovely pictures of your family...it will be a pretty painting of them i am sure...thank you for sharing.:-)