PDA

View Full Version : ArtRage Shiny reflections

Aunt_Betsy
01-17-2010, 11:21 AM
I did these with the glitter set to metallic and then blended it with the pallet knife set on the blur setting in AR 3 Pro. I then went over them repeatedly with the same color as the glitter with the airbrush tool. Some I used stencils and some I used the selection tool.

I don't know what the reflection is, maybe the ArtRage brothers can enlighten us.:D

Eileen724
01-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Wow, it's incredible what you've been able to accomplish with the glitter tool, Aunt Betsy! These are all just wonderful and so colorful....well done!

Evart
01-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Nice job :)

Aunt_Betsy
01-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Thank you Eileen and Evart! It all started with Byron's 3D post.

barnburner
01-17-2010, 01:45 PM
That, is really cool looking!
Fine job!

byroncallas
01-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Aunt Betsy, you pulled these off terrifically - they came out just great. Also try making them with non-metallic glitter and then painting over the rendered forms with the ink pen and air brush in many different colors. I've found the grit is the better glitter here if you are looking for smooth surfaces. It's a rich avenue of exploration that naturally suggests ideas for integrating into your paintings.

Cool work. :):):):)

Juz
01-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Very cool.... these would make great stickers too :)

Aunt_Betsy
01-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Thank you so much barnburner and Juz!

Byron you're an inspiration for exploration! Thanks again for pointing out this unique ArtRage effect. I've been doing a lot of experimentation with different settings and shapes.

Here is a what I think is a cool image.

Sketchism71
01-18-2010, 11:44 AM
These are really cool! The last one is Awesome! I am watching with anticipation to see where and what this Brilliant technique leads to. I agree, also, if this software is capable of something, Byron will find it! He is as much an explorer as he is an fantastic artist. Keep going with these they are fascinating to look at and you are mastering the technique!:eek:

P.S. I've always wanted an Aunt Betsy and now I have one!:)

Aunt_Betsy
01-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Thank you so much Sketchism71!

I can always use another nephew.:D

There is so much to work with in creating the 3D effect. I'm just playing around with it right now to get an idea of what can be done.

This has an abstract sculpture look to it. I wanted to see how irregular shapes will work.

byroncallas
01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
These are wonderful experiments AB. Clearly you've groked the basic technique. No doubt you'll work your AB magic, bringing your own interpretations to it. These last two posts are terrific. Go AB, go. :):):)

paul_uk7
01-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Really nice, and great colours.

Alexandra
01-19-2010, 05:09 AM
I love your images Aunt Betsy, and a big thanks on the lesson. I cannot wait until I can try this!:):):):):):):)

Garfieldo
01-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Thank you so much barnburner and Juz!

Byron you're an inspiration for exploration! Thanks again for pointing out this unique ArtRage effect. I've been doing a lot of experimentation with different settings and shapes.

Here is a what I think is a cool image.

Wow! Very nicely done! You can even see the reflection pretty well there, too! :eek:

Aunt_Betsy
01-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Thank you so much Byron, Paul, Alexandra, and Garfieldo!:D

One more tip, I found that it was easier to work with a mouse to achieve the effect over a pen and tablet. The mouse gives you a constant pressure all the time the button is pressed.