PDA

View Full Version : Town on the hill

Caesar
01-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Imaginary view in watercolours.

mannafig
01-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Really beautiful Cesare you have certainly mastered that water colour effect such a beautiful view:):)

Greeneyes
01-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Makes me feel like I am right there very nice.

Evart
01-16-2010, 01:41 PM
This looks cool Caesar :)

Caesar
01-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Thank You dear Amanda! I can do almost everythong with watercolours now that i discovered quite a number of tricks, but highly speedy, unplanned (see by progressively painting around a vague idea), no reference watercolours could hardly have better results from my present painting capabilities ...

Half closing the eye could perhaps make the feeling a little better, dear Greeneyes! Thanks a lot!

Glad You like this style too, dear Evart! Thank You!

coops
01-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Great painting Cesare, look a warm and inviting place. :)

Khalid_ipda
01-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Yes, very nice Caesar, beautiful landscape and beautiful painting also your imaginary very very nice. :D:D:D

paul_uk7
01-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Another fine and lovely painting.

Caesar
01-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Especially now that You had such a snowy winter, dear Katie!;):D
My country (my imagination is affected by our views) is not just sun and sea and warm weather at all, but in a way it's still a warm and inviting place, hopefully for some other decades ...
Thank you very much!

Thank you, dear Kahlid! I'm not a landsape painter, a genre where You are a master (I don't even know which kind of painter I am), but You ca bet I love nature and nice human architectures and settlements ...

Very kind of You to say so, Dear Paul! I started it after I saw Alien's first attempt with watercolour. I tried to quickly double-check that my tips where right with another watercolour landscape painting after sometime.

alien23
01-17-2010, 08:38 AM
That is a fantastic painting Caesar, that is what I want to do, I will try to get as good as that. Practice Practice practice!

Lima
01-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Wonderful, almost transparent colors.:eek:

AT-TA
01-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Ceasar, nice watercolors... it reminds me of European castles, usually situated on the hill, as your village is... Pretty inviting place..:-)

Eileen724
01-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Oh, Caesar....I think you've found your artist niche...watercolors! This is just so beautiful and exudes such emotion especially with the wonderful color palette you've chosen!

Rick
01-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Got a good one here Caesar.. I like this a lot..

Caesar
01-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Thank You, dear Alien23!
My initial mistake was to follow the real waterciolour pocedures.
My preference for wet on wet added to the difficulty.There are effects You have to get differently, I learbed. Masking by selecytio is important here. Use of eraser gives You the possibility to paint over again darker tones without diluting them (instead than using dry on wet). When You use dry, often higher thinner and wet paper may be better. Finally sufficient metallic is a more controllable way then very limited stroke length, to give to watercolour some texture.

Thank You, dear Oriane!
This is what i love particularly of watercolour and searched for also on AR2.5 by overthinning oil in many cases.

Right dear AT-TA. Among many other historical periods architectures, we've also got plenty of middle age castles and villages in Italy on hills and mountains too. Thank You!

Dear Eileen, I realized that as well. Curiously my preferred tools to express quick creativity moments (and maybe best outcomes) are to the extremes: watercolours (the most delicate and subtle colour glazes) and drawing (the most solid and tonal images). Thank You.

Dear Rick, I'm particularly proud whenever one of my works meet Your taste and You like it. Thanks my friend!

SCP
01-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Very nice work Caesar,your Digital watercolour technique and imagination have united into a great painting, well done!:):)

Valerie
01-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Cesare this is wonderful

Caesar
01-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Thank You, dear SCP. Wit imaginary paintngs such as this one, I have just a vague starting idea on the subject and then let the strokes drive me progressively to see more and more ....

Dear Valerie, I'm glad You like this transparent, delicate and luminous style watercolour can provide .... Thank You!

Alexandra
01-19-2010, 04:42 AM
Cesare, I had the pleasure of viewing your painting this weekend, but was never able to comment. I would go to type and I would be called away. Finally I gave up until I was able to get the computer all to myself.
This is lovely. I could imagine easily walking through the streets of this lovely village in the mountains!:):):):):):)

Caesar
01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Thank You, dear Sandra, also for joining us again! The Forum is not the same without Your presence, comments and stunning artpieces ...