PDA

View Full Version : Super RageMan

uuderzo
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Ok ok, I said I had enough with Superman...

But this is not Superman. This is Super RageMan! :D

uuderzo
01-16-2010, 03:28 AM
A little bit of color...

Greeneyes
01-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Wow what a very cool piece love everything about it.

uuderzo
01-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Thank you Greeneyes...

Too bad I realized that anatomically speaking my RageMan deserves the trashcan... maybe it's too difficult to start from scratch, and better with the help of a reference image.

What about this one as new start?

uuderzo
01-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Ok, I think that for this evening it's enough with the flat colors version.

Sketchism71
01-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Ha! This is really cool! Love it!

ScottF
01-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Great idea!

Now we have to wonder when the Rage brothers are going to start offering AR t-shirts and coffee mugs for sale. Hey, another way to make some money guys. (Actually, IŽd probably buy a few t-shirts or sweatshirts with the logo.) :D

uuderzo
01-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Thank you Sketchism! Scott, your idea of a T-Shirt is good. With it, everybody can feel a Super RageMan/Woman! :D

Added Shadows and hilights.

Jules
01-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Now that is super excellent! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

uuderzo
01-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Not finished yet, but it's on the good way.

Hints are welcome! :)

uuderzo
01-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Do you think that "Unleash Your Full Potential" is ok or better "Unleash Your Full Power" or something else?

"Potential" seemed more introspective to me... Any suggestions?

flyashy
01-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Uuderzo
this is great!!
loved the whole process and the final image! excellant!
on the tag line I feel you could drop the word full.
Unleash your potential sounds much better than Unleash your full potential IMO
:)

P.S. in hindsight, maybe if you dulled the highlights on the chest a bit to make the glowing logo stand out more it might be nicer, and adding little bit of yellow glow to the fingers and the inside of the lapel might increase the realism(!) :)

uuderzo
01-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Flyashy, I fully agree.

"Unleash Your Potential" is more fluent, and the yellow touches give more realism. I added also a white stripe to balance the text. It looks better to me.

Thank you for your hints!

el Davo Loco
01-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I love, love, LOVE the background on the latest version of this piece! The lighting effects of the background on the figure are also very nicely handled.
I have two suggestions for improvement: 1)The neckline of the super-leotard is too straight and does not look as though it is clinging to his neck (you had it a lot better in the original piece). 2)His expression is a little mild for Rage Man; he just looks slightly annoyed. I'd amp it up and give him one of those real super-hero p*ssed-off grimaces where you see some clenched teeth.
Hope you find the feedback helpful. Nice work!

uuderzo
01-21-2010, 04:06 AM
Thank you Davo Loco!

For the neck of the super-leotard, I made it straight because the subject is viewed from a more bottom-up point of view. If you noticed, the first attempt was drawn from a more frontal POV (I agree with you that the original sketch was more convincing under this aspect, but I think that changing it on the new drawing will be a mistake).

About the expression, I took inspiration from old-style Superman illustrations, when the hero has coscience of his super power and keeps the situation with "super dignity", if you let me the expression. Hence, a bit detached from the situation, knowing that it will face adversities with wisdom, not only brute force. Your vision is more X-Men oriented I think, and that's right. In future I'll surely draw a more aggressive hero, but I love this one as it is :)

Thank you for your hints!

Juz
01-24-2010, 09:11 PM
This came out fabulous... the super rage man looks a bit like our Caesar to me :D:)

uuderzo
01-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Thank you Juz...

Ehm... I must admit... The reference image I used for this drawing was a my photo (in silly pose as you can imagine)...

You said that RageMan looks like Caesar... maybe we look alike :)

kenmo
01-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Cool work... Jack "King" Kirby would be proud... Hey I grew up on Marvel Comics and not DC's Superman & Batman....:):):)