PDA

View Full Version : SCPart updated 12-10-2010

SCP
01-15-2010, 01:37 PM
G'Day ,
Decided to start 2010 with a new thread to put most of my AR3 doodles,sketches and paintings.I will do my best to update often,I hope some of you will subscribe and revisit my work.
In case anyone wants to take a look down memory lane here is my old thread (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19201);)
Thankyou for looking and as always appreciate any comments.:)

Kind Regards,
Scott.

SCP
01-15-2010, 01:39 PM
The first one for the new thread is....

Alexandra
01-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Scott, I love your paintings. You have a great imagination and you are wonderfully talented. It is a pleasure to view you artwork. This is great.:)

byroncallas
01-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Well, a great start for 2010 Scott. Wonderfully fanciful. You can count on I'll be dropping in regularly. Post a lot. Post often. And best regards to Monty. :)

Eileen724
01-15-2010, 02:47 PM
I agree...this is a great painting to start 2010's thread, SCP! This is so imaginative and wonderfully painted. It just draws me in....

pai
01-15-2010, 04:10 PM
I really like this new one in your 2010 thread. What a great first fantasy stroll you have in your imagined world. :)

Sketchism71
01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Well I'm just going to make myself comfortable here then! My son and I went through your entire 09 thread earlier this evening. He (we) loves your work, especially your creature concept designs! He must have said "WHOA!" 50 times as we looked through it.

Fantastic start with this painting. Fantasy concept with a twist of SCP! Thanks for the show!:D:D:D

Evart
01-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Wow wierd, but awesome :)

Caesar
01-15-2010, 10:23 PM
If, as we say, the good day can be seen from the morning, this is gonna be a killer thread! Stunning and beautiful!

paul_uk7
01-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Thats a really neat image, very weldone.

coops
01-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Super painting SCP :)

Lima
01-16-2010, 11:42 AM
I saw that you closed your thread 2009 with beautiful paintings. This one begins with an image in the clouds as a harbinger of what's out there. SC Congratulations your work is much appreciated by your talent and the guy who you are.:eek::eek::eek:

SCP
01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Thankyou for a great welcome to the start of my 2010 thread.I really hope members will enjoy visiting and find things of interest to keep comming back.Everyone is welcome!:):):):)

Alexandra I'm very humbled by your high praise:o It really makes me want to keep creating, thankyou so much!;):)

byroncallas Byron it has always been a treat having you visit my thread and comment on my work,I will try to do my best and Ill send your regards to "MONTY"

Eileen724 I'm very pleased my first painting has had this effect on you,thankyou kindly.:)

pai Thankyou Pai,appreciate you dropping by;):)

Sketchism71 "He must have said "WHOA!" 50 times as we looked through it." This is priceless!!Thankyou for revisiting my old Thread,I did this as well and so many great times I had in that thread!:D I hope I can live upto in this thread?
I'm very lucky to have you and your family look at my stuff,thankyou so much Eddie!:)

Evart Hehehe yep Weird stuff from me is..um..kinda...Normal?:p ;)
Thankyou Evart!:):)

Caesar Thankyou Dear Caesar I only hope it does live up to your predictions.:o;)

paul_uk7 Thankyou ,appreciate your visit and comments,hope you will come back.;):)

coops Glad you like it Coops!:)

orianelima Such kind words oriane I feel very fortunate to have wonderful people like yourself take the time to look at my work.It sometimes can be difficult doing Art by yourself,so having my ArtRage family sure does help!!:)

O.k I thought a quick breakdown of the last image might be of interest.I didn't have anything in mind when I started.I just started doodling with AR3 OilBrush tool.The first image has the settings I like to use for roughing things out.By the third image I knew pretty much what I was going for.
Thanks again.:)

SCP
01-19-2010, 07:36 PM
I decided to put some finishing touches on some doodles I did in AR3.I used pencil,eraser,ink,watercolour,oils,roller and knife.
100% AR3.:)

Eileen724
01-20-2010, 01:49 AM
What a chuckle your doodle got out of me, SCP! This is just delightful and fun!

flyashy
01-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Hi Scott,
These are fantastic characters as always! Love what you make them do :)
Of the first I really love the posture of the second one. and of course the one in the middle in the second!
Too good!

SCP
01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Eileen724 So glad you had a laugh,I was hoping it would bring a smile ,thankyou Eileen.:)

flyashy Hey mate,your too kind,appreciate your comments as always,thanks again! ;):)

I'm back with some Speedies make of them what you will...;)
100% AR3:)

Scott.

byroncallas
01-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Scott, wonderful new stuff since my last visit. All have your trademark touch. I have a special fondess, though, for the second of your two speedies here. I think it's exceptional in composition, color, light and interplay of forms. We all have our norms and then we occasionally hit on those that have that something extra. There is something in this second that has "extra" written all over it. :):):):)

Juz
01-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Wow Scott really nice 2010 works.. you're on fire with AR3 :):)

pai
01-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Great imagination on the last two paintings. Love the last one the most and it's color palette. :)

Sketchism71
01-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Great Speedies Scott! I really like the rainbow hue in them. Adds a lot of interest. Great designs! When you do a speed paint do you have an image in mind or do you just let it flow?

SCP
01-21-2010, 03:31 PM
byroncallas Hey Byron ,glad you still enjoy some speedies,it is funny I almost didn't post the one you commented on,so it was nice to read your comments,thanks again mate.;):)

Juz Thankyou,your very kind :o:)

pai Hi Pai,thankyou very much, glad you like the colours.:)

Sketchism71 Hey mate,Thankyou.:)
Now to your question.
With that one I had no fixed idea when I started just like you said,I went with the flow.I find I do this alot sometimes nothing comes of it and I use this as a warmup.When I bootup AR3 I like to spend 5-10mins just doodling as a warmup and heaps of times by doing this, I end up seeing something,or getting an idea for a finished work.Also it's a good break from a planned work I might be working on.
I hope that answers your question Eddie,thankyou for the question;):)

Keeping on the subject of speedies,here are some 5-15min warmups.;)

pai
01-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Ha..ha. great speed paintings here, SCP. I love that long leg robot and the expression on that face.:D:)

RobertSWade
01-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Welcome to 2010 Scott. Your imagination and technique are a constant delight. :)

SCP
01-22-2010, 12:07 PM
pai I was hoping someone would share my sense of humour on that one,thankyou Pai;):D

RobertSWade G'day Robert, thankyou for my warm welcome to 2010!:):)

flyashy
01-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey Scott,
I love that what could only be a 'MetalMonster Stork who delivers Adults instead of babies' lol!
Great job as always!

mannafig
01-23-2010, 02:09 AM
I love all of your creations SCP they are all so fresh and captivating:):)

alkratzer
01-23-2010, 02:13 AM
These are all a LOT of fun!

Sketchism71
01-23-2010, 06:28 AM
These are fantastic Scott! I totally admire your work because it is fresh and all you and your imagination. And what an imagination it is! In my Child's Mind thread I can't help but think of you. You have a child's mind when it comes to imagination. That is something most of us have lost on the path to adulthood. Totally inspiring!

Alexandra
01-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Scott, these are great! Totally enjoyed!!!!:):):):):):):):):)

SCP
01-30-2010, 09:00 PM
flyashy 'MetalMonster Stork who delivers Adults instead of babies':D:D:D Hahaha glad you found that funny too!;) Thanks for looking mate.:)

mannafig Very nice of you ,thankyou very much:)

alkratzer I try to create things interesting for myself and just hope others will find interesting as well.Thankyou for the feedback:)

Sketchism71 Hey mate I love your "Child's Mind thread":):)
It's funny you say that about me,and I think is true to a certain extent.I really didn't fit in at school I was in my own world most of the time,not sure if that was because my father died when I was about 10 or I was always prone to be a loner and daydreamer.It started with comics,when I was about 5 I just loved the artwork,from there I just kept drawing.
I still remember my first Charcoal drawing,I was about 11 and my Mum brought me home some Butchers paper and I did a large "WAR OF THE WORLDS" scene.I taught myself to draw the martian machines from memory, over and over I would practice.That was maybe the first drawing I was proud of LOL:D Oh man sorry about going on like that!:o:o:o
I'm going on 42 but still have the original kid inside me,I try to always keep that door open.Thanks again Eddie.;)

Alexandra Thankyou so much,very pleased you liked them!;):):)

O.k for this update a little something,a promo,a thankyou if you like, to the great AR TEAM for all their work on AR3! hope it brings a smile anyways.:D

Cheers ,
Scott.

Please click on to enlarge image

Juz
01-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Its always so wonderful to see such creative work pour out of you SCP. This is awesome... where's my AR3 balloon? I want one too :D:D

Caesar
01-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Your imagination and skills are amazing, dear friend, and I'm always impressed by the teeth of Your characters with that ivory-like looking! :eek::cool: You must be a dentist!

Sketchism71
01-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Another brilliant image Scott! I love the look on his face... He is up to something...lol! Great colors and once again, another awesome concept!

Alexandra
01-31-2010, 02:09 AM
Oh, he is just adorable!!!!!! Love it Scott-great job!:)

mannafig
01-31-2010, 06:28 AM
Hehehe fabulous love those teeth:):)

SCP
01-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Juz,Caesar,Sketchism71,Alexandra and mannafig
Thankyou for commenting,glad the AR3 Gremlin brought a smile.
Juz I'm sure your balloon is on it's way when the Gremlin is finished with it:rolleyes:;)
Dear Caesar ...um ,no I'm not a Dentist:D LOL Forgot to mention I like your avatar!;)

weembaman
01-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi Scott..
I just found this thread and find it amazing to say the least.. I don't know how you do it but keep on doing it....Great work mate..

Weembaman...

SCP
02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
weembaman I'm really glad you found me,thankyou for the visit,it's great to have you back by the way!;) Ill try my hardest,thanks Jim:)

Images today,first was a warmup doodle using Oilpaint with about 75% thinner and dry brush.
This acted as a warmup for the next painting so I used the same palette and settings then added textures ,layers etc hope you guys approve?

SCP
02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
The 2nd image....

jbyrjbyr1
02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
It's great to see you and your terrific "stuff" back here again. I really enjoy your unique sensibilities, sense of humor and overall style...fun material that never fails to bring a smile and/or an "ah ha!" of pleasure.

SCP
02-01-2010, 10:01 PM
A Big thankyou JB ,very nice of you!Made my day!:o:):)

SCP
02-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Couple of Abstracts,one using just roller on one layer the other One layer brush and knife.

SCP
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
The 2nd one,click on to enlarge.

Peter Pinckney
02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Scott................your imagination is unbelievably rich..............I've never seen such ...............(except maybe in the '60's.............but enough of that!)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lima
02-02-2010, 11:05 AM
SC fantanstic imagens. Really nice work.:):):)

SCP
02-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Peter Pinckney Thankyou so much Peter,I love how many smileys you gave me, that's crazy?!:D
So what did you do in the 60's???:rolleyes:

IrishRose61 Hehehe very sorry about causing Nightmares,thankyou Rose.Hope you revisit.;)

orianelima Thankyou kindly.:)

Just some Crazy Bird antics today and also Weird Little guy!:D

SCP
02-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Weird Little Guy started as Sticker hair and Sticker string used for eyes for a starting point.

YetiBite
02-04-2010, 03:05 PM
cool concept, the head almost reminds me of that beast in the sewers from the movie hellboy.

Jim Walsh
02-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Geat stuff. I love the big guy with the smile and all those ragged-edged teeth. :D

Sketchism71
02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Excellent additions since my last visit Scott! Great monster concepts and that second abstract is Awesome!!!

justjean
02-04-2010, 06:17 PM
what a great tour through your doodles, they are all so imaginative and wonderful (well other than that scarey guy with the teeth :D jk)

Caesar
02-04-2010, 11:47 PM
What a bunch of new cool characters!

SCP
02-05-2010, 01:25 PM
YetiBite,Jim Walsh,Sketchism71,justjean and
Caesar Thankyou for dropping by and leaving comments,very much appreciated:):):)

foxytocin
02-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Scott, the green guy with the balloon.....oh, I love his expression! Thank you so much for sharing these....your creativity and skill is such a delight!

Eileen724
02-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Well, it's been awhile since I've been in this thread and whoa.....!!!!.....I sure missed quite a few more paintings that you've posted here! I just love that green gremlin with that AR3 balloon. It just made my day! All of your characters are so unique and very creative. I also love your abstracts since they are all so full of color and energy!

SCP
02-08-2010, 03:30 PM
foxytocin Hey Foxy,thankyou for checking out my stuff,glad you like the little cheeky green guy;):):)

Eileen724 Hehehe I see your a Green Gremlin fan too;) Thankyou very much for your kind and encouraging words Eilleen.I always enjoy reading your comments,thanks again.:):):)

As always doing some speedies,so heres two speedies to look at.

weembaman
02-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Just went through this and it's great, I like the last one with the faces in the road, real live pot holes...!! actually they are all good and I don't have favorite, well the bird in the tree is pretty cool and of course the one to start the page off with was killer too, I think I've felt that way a few times....:)...Great work..!!

SCP
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Hey weembaman,Yer those evil potholes!!:DThankyou so much for the visit!;) :)

I hope this image will be as interesting.
AR3 100% Mostly Crayon with a few layers.

Eileen724
02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
I just love that second speed paint above, SCP! It's so surreal with those stretched out faces and I actually feel the movement in that one.

And....I see that you painted a special blue "gremlin" like creature just for me because I like them so! :D:D:D:D It's such a delight! Thanks for sharing!!!

Alexandra
02-10-2010, 02:09 AM
You are one of my favorite artists Scott. These are the best! Really enjoyed them.:):):):):):)

Caesar
02-10-2010, 03:16 AM
Fantastic creatures and places, dear SCP! I just woudn't disturb the last one in those moments ... You never know the reactions.:D Quite funny indeed!

flyashy
02-10-2010, 03:51 AM
HO HO HO!!!
Too cool SCP!!
Love those 'Evil Potholes'!! They're straight out of some Nightmare!! And what speed & haze & smoke and fog!! Love Ittt!
And of course Dunny!!
ROFL!!

Lima
02-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Fantastic SC each time better.:eek::eek::eek:

SCP
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Eileen724 Your most welcome,very glad you had some fun viewing;):)

Alexandra Wow I don't know what to say to your comment:o:o:o Alexandra that's such a nice thing to say,thankyou kindly.:):):):):)

Caesar Hahahaha yes indeed,we shouldn't disturb him :D:D:D Thankyou dear Caesar!;)

flyashy Hey mate,glad you like that one as it was a very fast idea I might revisit.
Yes the ole "Dunny":D Thank you for returning Fly.;)

orianelima Thankyou so much,some work better than others,but I keep trying to do better.:)

I appreciate all the warm support.
I thought just in case some of you haven't heard the term "Dunny" Has always been an Aussie slang term for me from a very young age.Meaning :Crappa,Toilet,Restroom.:eek:

Todays post not a speedpaint,a Study/practice.
Used only AR3 crayons/pencil/eraser and layers.Anyway I included the steps and final.

SCP
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Not my normal thing I know, anyway here is the final...

AT-TA
02-11-2010, 08:19 PM
SCP that bird is soooo funny and the whole picture is really worth to stop and have a long look at it... just love that bird...so much character in it....

D Akey
02-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Great head. . .not to be confused with dunny. Not to be confused with flyashy's lack of hair. :D

This rules. Really great control for a broad expression. Love the colors considering the skin tone and hair color. Works great. :):):):):)

Caesar
02-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Dear SCP, I practically had the same expression of the surprised lady all over the series of stages of her development. :eek:;)
Only now succeeded to shut my mouth! :p:)

flyashy
02-12-2010, 01:18 AM
Wow Scott, that's truly brilliant! That's Liloo from 5thElement isn't it??
Great result & thanks for sharing the steps, in fact I love the second last one, the one where her eyes are milky opaque, sort of like Liloo turns Zombi!!
Resident Evil Element!!
:D

Lima
02-12-2010, 09:38 AM
SC, WOW, beautiful, beautiful. Congratulations.

SCP
02-12-2010, 12:18 PM
AT-TA Thankyou,very pleased you enjoyed the Bird:)

D Akey "Great head. . .not to be confused with dunny. Not to be confused with flyashy's lack of hair" LOL!:D:D:D You have a great sense of humour D Akey.Thankyou for your encouragement,very nice of you.;):):)

Caesar Hahaha that is a cool comment Mr Caesar!:cool:;):)

flyashy Hey FLY wow I can't get anything past you?! You are right I was inspired by Liloo,I had a tiny still from the movie and I liked the idea to use as reference.I wasn't trying to make it look like the actress though,which is a relief cause it doesn't actually look like her.More the pose,feel and lighting.
Yer I'm going to do some ZOMBIE chicks next as I did the eyes last as I liked that look...get out of my head FLY!!;):D Cheers mate.:)

orianelima Thankyou so much orianelima,appreciate your comments as always.;):):)

sabena
02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
HI SCP

Fantastic work :eek:i like this type

SCP
02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Hey Sabena,glad you liked it and thanks for dropping by.:)

O.k time for some quickies:o:o:o

flyashy
02-15-2010, 09:58 AM
WOW!
Scott!!
That's great!!
I truly, really LOVE the last one!!
There's that one tiny residual stroke near it's teeth, that give it so much dynamism, like a speed line, it appears to me as I managed to surprise it by walking in on it while it was busy doing something entirely gruesome!!!
"Uh Oh...!!"

Great stuff!! All those teeth!!
Brilliant!

Belvrog
02-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey Scott. wow, seems I've missed quite a number of fantastic paintings and character concepts. YETI busted_med.jpg is my favorite at first sight. I will come back and take another tour through your thread. Some awesome work mate. :)

SCP
02-16-2010, 10:35 AM
flyashy Thanks Fly that is a great comment,I did that one very fast and didn't spend time fixing any faults.So maybe thats why it looks dynamic?
Thanks again mate.;):)

Belvrog Hey mate,it's great to have you visit my thread,glad you like the Yeti outhouse:D
I hope you do come back when you get a chance,thankyou.:):)

More Speedies and design steps to have a look at.:)

Alexandra
02-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Scott, These are fantastic. What an artist you are!:):):):):):)

flyashy
02-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Haha Scott,
Love those Buckteeth 'Bucky Boy'!!

Man, you got so many fantastical creatures here you could start an army of your own !!!

Sketchism71
02-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Excellent additions to the SCP's Creature Feature Show! Looking at this thread is like a ride in an amusement park! Nice job Scott!:D:D

weembaman
02-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Wow, these are great, I love coming here to look around. I always find something interesting to look at..:):)

D Akey
02-16-2010, 08:14 PM
That one nutty looking actor with the buck teeth. . . If he's going into show biz, first thing is we need to get his teeth capped. The other guys, great villains. I'm believing they're nasty scrappers.

Wonderful idea sketches.

SCP
02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
IrishRose,Alexandra,flyashy,Sketchism71,weembaman, and D Akey Thankyou for all your comments, it seems Buck Teeth Fur ball has won that round :D
Thanks again for looking guys.:):):):):):)

I have been spending more time on the tablet,so less chatter from me and more images.Another Birdy, first a gray scale then a quick colour on a seperate layer(overlay mode)
Also a Speedie and sketch.
Scott.

weembaman
02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Very nice, do you always do a gray scale first and what's the reason for doing it..I think I'm missing something on the gray scale thing..?
I always do a line drawing then color it on the layer below. I have no idea why I do it that way but I do...?
I'm wondering if the gray scale would be easier..?
any way, keep up the good work, I love it...:):)

Peter Pinckney
02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Hey!

I just came here for a looksee...........and.............your imagination has no limits Scott..................bloody brilliant mate!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):)

Alexandra
02-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Love These!:d

narf
02-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Very nice, do you always do a gray scale first and what's the reason for doing it..I think I'm missing something on the gray scale thing..?
I always do a line drawing then color it on the layer below. I have no idea why I do it that way but I do...?

Greyscale is helpfull for making the shadows.

Rregards.

SCP
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey Jim,
Glad your enjoying my submissions.Too answer your question,yes and no.I don't use gray scale all the time,but for me starting out, doodling etc gray scale offers some advantages.
A finished grayscale can be left to stand by itself if I don't want to or have the time to colour it.I find it faster to work things out,rather than just line drawing,I can work out my values better.It's almost like sculpting your drawing.
The big plus is once the gray scale is done all the grunt work/foundation is done,I can quickly play with different colours on top on overlay layers,if I don't want a purple bird I can quickly change it without destroying the original..I wouldn't do this if say I was doing a ink line drawing with colour.Even the old masters and alot of Fantasy Artists start a painting with values might not be gray maybe Burnt umber etc to give the form,shadows etc.Acts as a roadmap underpainting.I Hope I make some sense?
As always I appreciate your feedback and questions.;):):):)

Peter Pinckney Ahahaha Mate love your Smiley Toll,thanks heaps ,very glad you came back for a looksee!;):):):)

Alexandra Thankyou so much Sandy!:):):)

narf Hey, yes ,but not just shadows,volume,form or Values.;)

Here is an eg. Some old pics sorry:o

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/zed1000/ColourDemon.gif

Lima
02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
:eek::eek::eek: SC great

weembaman
02-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks Scott for the explanation on gray scale..I'm gonna try it and see how it works for me..:):)

SCP
02-18-2010, 11:09 AM
orianelima Thankyou..:o

IrishRose Oh thankyou so much Rose,glad you understood my explanation,and brave some of my more scary friends,as long as I don't give you nightmares lol;):)

weembaman Hey,your most welcome;)Let me know how you go,and if you need any help.I think I will do another video with sound showing all my usual steps.

O.k here is the last line drawing I posted coloured,I made some changes in the colouring stages,you should be able to pick them up.;)
Here is Bella!:eek:..."HI SWEETIES!"

D Akey
02-18-2010, 11:50 AM
I can just scroll through charmed and laughing all the way. Excellent.

Personas Gone Wild :D

mannafig
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Fantastically creative and a pleasure to keep coming back to have a smile:):)

SCP
02-20-2010, 11:17 AM
D Akey I'm very pleased that my thread can give you this reaction,thanks so much for the visits and comments.:):):):):):)

mannafig Thankyou for your continued support,fantastic!;):):):)

It is really nice having the great folks of AR drop by time to time.:)
I hope to keep this thread interesting for myself and others.
Now I posted a Clown image HERE (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27521)
Some of you may have seen it,so thought I would put the original Sketch and grayscale underpainting here.Also another speedpaint using crayon/charcoal/eraser tools.

Alexandra
02-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Scott, I love them all, and this recent one here with no arms leaning forward with the floppy trunk, is so funny. Your sketches and paintings are not only fantastic, but delightfully entertaining as well.:)

byroncallas
02-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Scott, I'm so far behind on catching up with the threads - I've missed so much of your stuff. I'm so glad you keep it all together here so I can spend some time with it all when I can finally get here.

All of your work is just so magically inventive - your creatures especially continue to evolve into the most magnificent beings. There is so much terrific work here I feel like I could write a book. Suffice it to say it's a rewarding time spending time here in your thread being absorb in your marvelous efforts.

Great great stuff. :)

jibes
02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
SCP. You been busy! I really enjoy your paintings.

SCP
02-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Hey Alexandra,byroncallas,and jibes thankyou so much for the kind words.:)

This update,I have done a 30 min Oil brush/knife imagination landscape.Also had a play with AR pencil/ink pen/bucket fill/stickers.
Take care,
Scott.

SCP
02-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Here is the Wacky 2nd one....

Weeks
02-25-2010, 02:51 AM
OoYoo SCP :)

Very cool and creative...

Keep '

Best,

Weeks

Sketchism71
02-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Hahaha! Well hello Bella! A friend of mine that I work with is on an internet dating site... I told him to use Bella as his picture! I would love to see the women that reply to that!! Hahaha! Great images Scott! I like your latest speed paint as well. I noticed though, towards the bottom in the foreground there is some reddish color where you blended the browns. Did you add that reddish color or did it appear as you used the knife to blend? I have been having that issue with the browns and the knife. Great image either way, the red actually works well in it.

weembaman
02-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Did anyone ever do a cat scan on your brain...I wonder whats in there....haaaaaaaa...I love stopping here to look around..Excellent thread...:)

Alexandra
02-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Those are so cool Scott. You know the first one reminds me of an underground world in the roots of a tree-very much like Rob Alexander's fantasy paintings. They are really great Scott.:)

mannafig
02-25-2010, 11:40 AM
fabulous I love them:):)

SCP
03-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Weeks Hi Weeks,thankyou!:)

Sketchism71 Hahaha yer that would be a crackup!:DYes to your red comment,I decided to leave it as is.I appreciate you paying me a visit Eddie.;):)

weembaman Yer a scary thought I think?!lol:D
Thankyou so much.:):):):):)

Alexandra Very kind of to say,thankyou:o:)

mannafig Thankyou :):):)

This one is a grayscale ,which I might colour.

Lima
03-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Impressive SC, great tonal value.

D Akey
03-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah. I lived with this woman. Who let her out of the detox ward? She was there to scare the drunks into sobriety.

Painful image, dude. Your getting personal. :D

Alexandra
03-01-2010, 02:03 PM
LOL D-Akey, that is hilarious!:eek:
Scott, this is so cool.:)

weembaman
03-01-2010, 03:24 PM
on second thought the world might be better off if we stayed out of your head, never know what we would find in there...haaaaaaaaaaaa

byroncallas
03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Scott - terrific new posts - the last, the gray scale is awesome. I think this dude is even scarring the bejesus out of Crabby. Do color - this one has tons of potential.

Any chance District Nine will take the BP Oscar. I'm cheering for it.

Later,
b

screenpainter
03-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Fantastic! An amazing gallery of works Scott.

SCP
05-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Thankyou
orianelima, D Akey,Alexandra,weembaman,byroncallas and gzairborne.Appreciate the visits and all your comments.
Reworked this ugly dude or the woman D Akey lived with??:eek:

Caesar
05-19-2010, 10:01 PM
We've been missing You, dear friend!
Looking at this I'd say You changed quite a bit from last time we saw Your picture (or ...., maybe it's not a self-portrait waking up early in the morning ....):D
Seriously, this is masterful fantasy art indeed! Probably You've been working on illustration of some kind of story ...

SCP
05-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Thankyou friend ,I have missed you as well:)
This is the reason I haven't been here of late.http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=297911#post297911

I wish I was illustrating all this time;)

Mairzie Dotes
05-20-2010, 01:50 PM
SCP,
This is the most drippy tongue-e-est , horn head-e-est, blood red-e-est,
bug eyed-e-est, most deliciously scariest monster that has yet haunted
my screen. EeeeeUUUuuuuu and ... what a creative and most wonderfully
painted nightmare. Fantastic artistry of the knee knocking kind! :)

pai
05-21-2010, 01:30 AM
just finished looking through this thread. wow, you have so many great stuffs here and so well painted. i like your recent Liloo portrait and this last piece. great imagination. :)

Alexandra
05-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Wow Scott.....I can see why D Akey chose to part from this company. She looks as if she could be quite grumpy at times! Hee hee, outstanding drawing!!!!!:):):):):)

SCP
05-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Mairzie Dotes Thankyou for stopping by and leaving your wonderful descripition as always a treat to read your comments.;):):)

pai I'm very pleased you looked at all my work in this thread,very nice of you.Glad you like the Liloo inspired drawing and the last Devilish one.:)

Alexandra Hehehe yes I think you are right,thankyou very much.:o:)

A few Speedies,some quick AR3 pencil sketches and Oil brush landscape.I hope there is some interest in them?
Thanks again for taking the time.;)

Mairzie Dotes
05-23-2010, 10:05 PM
SCP,
Welllll it seems that the little brat in the center is refusing to share his ice
cream cone with his two (gag!) friends. No WONDER they look so upset! :D
and ...
The second piece is a beautifully painted fantasy landscape ... a location
of what dreams are made of ... at times a place where we might visit. :)

Alexandra
05-24-2010, 03:16 AM
oooh fantastic Scott!:):):):):)

Caesar
05-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Delicious studies!

pai
05-24-2010, 11:00 PM
like your character design more and more. haha..love those expressions. :)

SCP
05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
[email protected] :D:D
Thankyou Alexandra,Caesar and pai.:):):)
I was having lunch the other day and the old movie "The Blob" was on,so I had to do a Blob??
Well I didn't have too,but why not eh?:p

Caesar
05-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Practically a strawberry Big Bubble chewing gum!:D Yummie!

javier
05-27-2010, 05:09 AM
Wow...You have a wonderful talent, his works are truly spectacular.:):):):)

Alexandra
05-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Now see! This is what I want to achieve-the 3D quality, the textured objects and perfect contrast! You inspire me Scott, I will have to study your paintings more now!:cool:;):D
I really like your blob. A fun and charming picture!:):):):):)

Lima
05-27-2010, 09:19 AM
That is a really nice Blob SC. And he has many arms:D. Nice SC.

flyashy
05-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey Scott,
I just read about your elbow! Wow. Sounds extremely painful. I'm glad you've recovered and are painting again!
Oh and I can see an upside to all that..
...you've taken the first steps towards becoming a cyborg!!! How cools is that!?! haha...
Oh, and another joke..
Too bad it was your elbow and not your wrist, 'coz then you could've asked them to jam in some retactable blades like wolverine... aye??
*SNIKT*
:D :D

just kidding ;)

SCP
05-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Caesar Hahaha:D:D:D

javier Thankyou very much!:o

Alexandra You are very kind.:o
I'm really glad you like the Blob lol.It was alot of fun.:)

orianelima Hehehe thanks!;)

flyashy Hey mate you made me laugh!:D:D
That would be very Cool I always wanted Adamantium Claws!:cool:
Oh well The elbow implant will have to do for now.:rolleyes:
Still can't straighten my arm fully,and still have nerve damage in my hand which is a bummer.
Thanks for paying me a visit Fly, appreciate it.;)

I have been busy the last few days ,doing some 3D digital sculpture as well as working on 2 AR drawings.Almost finished one of the AR works,thought I would post the first stages.

Caesar
05-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I like very much this crow-ded bird too ...:D I guess it criticizes and mocks anyone and anything it sees all around ...:p

SCP
05-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Yes I think you are right Dear Caesar ;):)

Here is the finished image.
Please click on image to enlarge.

Alexandra
05-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Scott, another fantastic work!:):):):):)

Alexandra
05-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh dear I missed the info about your arm-so sorry Scott!:eek:Bless you, take good care of yourself and take it easy please. (Momma hen here):rolleyes:

SCP
05-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Thankyou Alexandra,and also a big thankyou to Momma Hen;):D

INKwithN
05-31-2010, 05:57 AM
excellent art!

mannafig
06-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Brilliant SCP:):)

SCP
06-01-2010, 04:11 PM
INKwithN and mannafig Thankyou kindly, Appreciate it.:)

This little update is just some speedies,and practice.The colour one was done with Roller and Brush.All in AR3.

Alexandra
06-02-2010, 04:34 AM
So much scope for the imagination-outstanding speed painting Scott!:)

MaryLou
06-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Very cool, and what a fun style you have!

flyashy
06-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Hey SCP,
very cool 'HellBird'!!
and love the feeling in the 'Death stalks the corridors' :)

Lima
06-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Wow, great works SC. The corridor image:eek::eek::eek: is fantastic.

SCP
06-04-2010, 04:46 PM
Thankyou Alexandra,MaryLou,flyashy and orianelima enjoyed your comments.;):):):)

More Quickies...

Mairzie Dotes
06-06-2010, 07:52 AM
SCP,
Gulp ... shiver ... shutter and ...MANY GLEEFUL whimpers and
smiles! What an fantastically creative gallery of imaginative
creatures, bumps in the night's and impressions. Excellent work
and I am quivering girlishly with admiration by the way! :)

Alexandra
06-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Oh my golly gosh, I am in total agreement with MaryAnn. Those are the cutest monsters around Scott!:):):):):)

SCP
06-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Thankyou Mairzie Dotes and Alexandra.;)

This update is the 2 roughies one I finished called "Ondine" The other one is almost finished.;)

Lima
06-18-2010, 10:24 AM
The 2nd green guy is amazing... nice SC. I think your arm is:eek::eek::eek:

SCP
06-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Thankyou oriane,glad you like the 2nd one as I used this quick sketch for the next finished image.I hope you like I changed "Him" to a "Her"

Tittled "Gone Shopping"
Here are some W.I.P shots.

SCP
06-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Here is the final.I stretched out the canvas also thought her spaceship would work better on the other side.Added more enviroment.I hope you like it?
All done in AR3.

Please click on image for full size.

Scott.

Caesar
06-18-2010, 09:52 PM
What a new "attractive" monsters gallery, dear SCP!:eek::cool:
You're a new born mix of Bosch and Breughel!:p

foxytocin
06-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Great fun catching up with this thread, Scott! Can't wait to Ondine with a bit of color.....she's a stunner.

Mairzie Dotes
06-19-2010, 01:21 AM
SCP,
The "Gone Shopping" space fem and I seem to have much in common.
I have this need to be color coordinated, even down to making certain
that my lipstick shade doesn't clash with my outfit. What a fashion
plate she is and what color lip gloss is that? ... Plutonian Pink? :D
Great imagination, great humorous piece, what fun! :)

SCP
06-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Caesar Thankyou Kind Sir :o Appreciate your visit and comments.:):)

foxytocin Hi Foxy,glad you caught up with my thread and have found some things of interest.:)
You may have missed the Colour "Ondine", here is the LINK (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29598) ;)

Mairzie Dotes Hahaha I'm glad you approve,and have named her Lipstick Plutonian Pink (Purple) Thankyou;):)

Alexandra
06-22-2010, 02:13 AM
Absolutely fantastic talent Scott!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

SCP
06-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Alexandra Thankyou Sandy,as always your far too kind.:o :):)

Haven't updated this thread in awhile .
So I thought I would add this little guy.;)

javier
06-28-2010, 10:46 PM
I like the Troll, is an extraordinary painting.:):):):)

Alexandra
06-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Awww Scott, that is the most adorable nasty toothed claw toed fellow that I have ever seen!:eek::D

Lima
06-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Ha ha, what a big mouth... cool SC

coops
06-30-2010, 02:34 AM
Awwwww what a cute little troll with such an innocent look in his eyes but I think I will be careful of those big teeth. Brilliantly painted:)

Caesar
07-01-2010, 01:33 AM
What an amazing creature! It mus be very efficient in the eating, digestion and expulsion process, since it appears to have a quite short path and very little room for a conventional gastro-enteric system and the relevant organs ....:D
Great mastery and fantasy!

SCP
07-02-2010, 06:41 PM
A Big thankyou to javier,Alexandra,orianelima,coops,and Caesar .Glad you like the Little Troll.:)
This entry I revisited 2 concepts I liked and decided to rework them.I will post the original designs and the final,hope it has been worth the effort ?.
Click on final for larger image.;)

Caesar
07-02-2010, 08:30 PM
... I just hope it's not the way You and Your beloved dog look like when You paint ...:D
Fantastic, funny illustration!

javier
07-03-2010, 03:05 AM
Heeyyyyy!.....Great, it is an original fantasy and very fun.:):):):)

SCP
07-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Caesar&javier Glad you guys liked it,thankyou for your comments.:):):)

SCP
08-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Been very busy of late,had a chance to open AR3 and here is the result,hope everyone is well.

Juz
08-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Ha ha ... he's great SCP... love those teeth :):D:)

Mairzie Dotes
08-14-2010, 09:18 PM
SCP,
Ohhhh there MUST be a way to sooth this savage semiaquatic beastie
and am wondering if I were to kiss this gnashing of teeth froggie with an
attitude (Though there IS something greenishly attractive about him.) would he eat girlish
little me :eek: or smooch me back and turn into a puckish prince? :o ;) :D

Fantastic artistry ... excellent presentation and whimsey! :) :) :)

Caesar
08-14-2010, 10:24 PM
He needs a maxillo-facial surgeon for sure, dear SCP!:D Your works show always a brilliant fantasy and a super execution technique, dear friend!

Sketchism71
08-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Hey Scott... Just spent some time going through this whole thread... Fantastic stuff!!! Creepy and gooey as ever!:D I've been away as well for a while and I'm still trying to catch up. Your latest entry is awesome, he would make a good character for a tooth paste advertisement! Hope your body has mended from your accident and all is well with you.

Alexandra
08-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Another outstanding and adorable monster Scott! :D

SCP
08-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Juz Thankyou very much Juz,was just having some fun.:D
Mairzie Dotes I think you might end up with a Prince,if not you would have a Beastie servant who would follow you around all day.lol :D:D
Thankyou Mairzie;):):)
Caesar Hahaha yer he has a few issues.:D
Thankyou for the visit and kind words.;):)

Sketchism71 Hey Eddie, I have been busy doing some 3D Art logo design etc,My better half was made redundant and has started her own business,so I have been designing her logo business card etc.
Hahaha a Toothpaste Guy, yer that would be funny!:D
Healing is slow,but life is good.I'm glad you took the time to catchup,thanks again Eddie.:):):):)

Alexandra Thankyou.He is here for a giggle not here to frighten ;):)

Lima
08-17-2010, 10:40 AM
He needs a maxillo-facial surgeon for sure, dear SCP!:D Your works show always a brilliant fantasy and a super execution technique, dear friend!
:D:D:D I agree... brilliant as always well painted and so funny. Great SC.

SCP
08-17-2010, 03:34 PM
orianelima Hey thankyou oriane, how have you been?

This update a quick one layer painting on canvas min texture.A landscape for a change.;)

Alexandra
08-18-2010, 02:26 AM
Beautiful landscape Scott. :) I love the colors and textures used on this one. I am painting one right now, but I can't seem to get it right at the moment. Something is missing. Skill...yeah that's it!:rolleyes:

SCP
08-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Thankyou Alexandra,don't sell yourself short,you have heaps of skill and talent.;):)

I was just in a Crayon mood,sometimes I just like to do this with nothing in mind.I started with a quick crayon doodle,then saved it out as a base and then created two different Pictures from it.Thought it might be of interest?

Alexandra
08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
Scott, These are fantastic. I keep forgetting about the crayon. I have to try this-these are just great! You know....I know we have a few gollums on the Tolkien thread,but if you ever get the time, I would love to see you make one too. I love your technique Scott!

Caesar
08-19-2010, 10:51 PM
What a nice gallery You're setting up for next Halloween, dear SCP!:eek::p

mannafig
08-20-2010, 12:19 AM
WOW SCP I love coming to browse your thread your creations are always fantastic and imaginative:):)

SCP
08-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Alexandra Thankyou so much Sandy:) Hmmmm..Gollum you say?...Precious!;):D

Caesar Hehehe..getting a head start.;):)

mannafig Thankyou kindly,that's what I'm hoping for, people can browse this thread and have a giggle,or any emotion really,as long as it's not a waste of their time.Thats my aim to create things of interest.Appreciate the visit and comment.;):):):)

Lima
08-21-2010, 10:33 AM
SC scary and cool...Great imagination:eek:

Mairzie Dotes
08-21-2010, 11:03 PM
SCP,
Never boring here and your latest entries are worth the visit. Call me
silly but being a "detail" person, am really taken by the way you have
painted the dripping (pardon!) spit :eek: on the last dribbling ghoulish
ghoul. The subtle translucency of the fluid appears so real. If I were
to be, shall we say, girlishly salivating? (metaphorically speaking!) that
is exactly how it might well appear. Great (slurp!) stuff! :)

SCP
08-30-2010, 05:01 PM
orianelima Thankyou kindly.:)

Mairzie Dotes You do have an eye for detail,glad you like the Ghouls dribble :D
Better news ,I haven't bored you yet?!:):):)

Background of this next entry is based on a old Pencil sketch I did,thought I could breath life back into him with the help of AR3.Loaded scan of sketch into AR3 as tracing,used Ink pen,bucket,select tool and art pen.

Alexandra
08-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Your drawing skills are fantastic Scott, this is great.:):):):):):):):):)

Mairzie Dotes
08-31-2010, 07:31 AM
SCP,
This devilish apparition is definitely what I would consider a "bump
in the night" as well as a day, up to no good, cloven hoofed trouble
maker and PALEEEEZE don't give him my address, though my place
in the the Appalachian foot hills isn't all that easy to find. Great
scary character art ... love his sultry steamy redness! :)

SCP
09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Alexandra Very pleased you like it,thankyou for your kind words.;):)

Mairzie Dotes O.k I won't give him your address lol :D "cloven hoofed trouble
maker" Love that comment ,thankyou Mairzie !:):)

Today just 2 quickies,one is a Abstract using paint and knife the other a Beastie.;)

mannafig
09-04-2010, 09:32 PM
More great stuff Scp:):)
Maybe you should look into publishing an art book with all your creations in I would certainly buy a copy:D

Mairzie Dotes
09-05-2010, 09:58 AM
SCP,
Call me a silly, emotional girl but the latest abstract and "beastie" paintings
are a bit unsettling to me. Please understand, it's only my reaction but for
some unknown reason, experienced such a heavy feeling when viewing them.
The abstract, oh my, my instant reaction was to somehow comfort the
distress. Musta been something I ate, either that or you really know how to
scare the stuffing outta me, a rather EXCITING indication of an artist who
can REALLY connect with those such as I who admire your works of art ....
with or without experiencing heart flutters. (no WONDER I always insist on
CAFFEINATED coffee ... very c a a a l l l m i i i n g ... for me anyway!) :eek: :D ;) :)

Belvrog
09-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi Scott. A whole bunch of really great additions. Love your character designs e.g. Manbird and The Painter among others.
Crooked Mouth is also too funny.
And I also equally like the sketch and the inked version of your demon taur. Really cool. Great thread. Btw. I've read about your accident. Everything is fine again? I really hope so.

SCP
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
mannafig Thankyou kindly,I would love to do that,that would be very cool!:cool::cool::cool:

Mairzie Dotes I love reading your comments,do you write professionally?not sure I have asked before?
You have a wonderful way of applying words to your imagination ,great stuff!:):):):)

Belvrog Hey mate,thankyou for stopping by,really glad you like the characters you mentioned.:) Yer Crooked Mouth was making me smile the whole time painting him;)
Thankyou for asking ,yes I'm doing well,still trying to improve but I'm way better than 5 mths ago.:):)

Thought a quick Colourful Landscape/Sky painting for a change.I used Oil Brush/Knife.
Hope you guys like it?

Caesar
09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
After Your exciting devilish centaurs and the tentacle monster we may now rest in this odd orange world You depicted. Great entries!

screenpainter
09-14-2010, 08:38 PM
It was good to catch up on this thread... great additions I missed. Excellent work.

Alexandra
09-14-2010, 09:48 PM
I love the abstract Scott, the colors are so soothing and pleasant to view. The latest monster with the robotic tentacles-very cool!
The mountains and sky wonderfully done, and fantastic atmosphere. Great work!

mannafig
09-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Beautiful colour very soothing to look at:):)

Mairzie Dotes
09-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Mairzie Dotes I love reading your comments,do you write professionally?not sure I have asked before?
You have a wonderful way of applying words to your imagination ,great stuff!:):):):)

SCP,
Thank you for the kind compliment but no, I do not write professionally
but do suppose the expressive side of me is often evident when I at
times, seem to become enraptured with a work of art presented here.

These canvassed expressions begin as visions of the creative mind then
miraculously appear as defined images of thoughts, wishes, memories,
frustration, pain, love, romance and yes, even indifference that appear
as colors, forms that the eyes and emotion can not only see but often
embrace, not only for it's beauty but also knowing that the artist has
elected to share what is heartfelt, a privilege that I celebrate.

What a wonder it is to be able to paint what your mind sees and your soul
feels, then released these expressions fly, now tangible human tributes,
artfully celebrated.

How sad and lonely this world would be if what we feel, how we feel could
not be expressed in a meaningful way and there was no one there to
understand and appreciate the effort.

What came first ... the artist or the paint I musefully ask? An answer to
explore might be, the artist of course, for he is also determined to create
the paint for how else could he color his world, my world, our world. :)

Mairzie Dotes
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
SCP,
Your latest "Sky" painting is quite delightful. Soothing colors,
design and blending application presents a feeling of being light
as air, a joyous weightlessness and freedom as if one could soar
unencumbered. Just beautiful! :)

Belvrog
09-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey mate,thankyou for stopping by,really glad you like the characters you mentioned.:) Yer Crooked Mouth was making me smile the whole time painting him;)
Thankyou for asking ,yes I'm doing well,still trying to improve but I'm way better than 5 mths ago.:):)

Good to hear Scott, wishing you a speedy recovery. Your last painting is gorgeous- congrats !!

SCP
09-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Caesar,gzairborne,Alexandra,mannafig,Mairzie Dotes and Belvrog Thankyou all,always nice to have you visit and leave me comments,means a lot.:):):):):):):):)

Special note: Mairzie you sure have a gift there thankyou for your explanation,I really enjoyed readingit.;)

Next entry is a recycled abstract,with some symmetry added.This can be fun using the transform tool after making a duplicate layer.
I included some stages.
First I removed the colour.Then I sliced in half.Next work on the layer above using the base layer and my imagination to sculpt an image.Tools Used... Crayons.;)

SCP
09-17-2010, 10:40 AM
For the Final,I merged the base layer and layer 2 then made a duplicate layer.Transform the duplicate layer "flip horizontal" then line it up with original layer merge down to finish.

Click on for larger image.

Lima
09-17-2010, 10:42 AM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Amazing, fantastic, brilliant, wowowow SC this is so well done.:eek::eek::eek:

Alexandra
09-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Hands clapping here Scott, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):): ):)

Caesar
09-17-2010, 08:14 PM
A wonderful description, dear SCP, of how Your magic eye and brain can spot and create an absolutely fantastic and original image by recycling the "garbage" of some chaotic action painting outburst! A good reason to keep stored also some unsuccessful piece to recall later on and change into a stunner!
Thank You!

mannafig
09-18-2010, 10:35 AM
WOW this is fantastic SCP just amazing:):)

Belvrog
09-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Wow Scott really like it. Fantastic piece. Reminds me on Giger's paintings.

Mairzie Dotes
09-18-2010, 10:04 PM
SCP,
There you go again ... giving me one royal case of the (painterly) whips
and jingles. (As my Dad used to say!) Much creative trama to explore,
move in and out of and be enraptured by. Heavy, painful, fearful and
astoundingly MAGNIFICENT for it's artistry as well as it's astounding
captivating presence, as if I am being absorbed into the intent of the
emotion and becoming a unified part of this entity's discomfort. Amazing
work of art is this powerful piece. :) :) :)

SCP
09-21-2010, 05:21 PM
orianelima Such a Wonderful reaction!:eek::):):):):):) Thankyou.

Alexandra So glad you think so,thankyou very much !!:):):):)

Caesar Yes you are right,that's one of the great things about Digital work we can reuse and revive and strive for a better outcome.Thankyou friend.;):)

mannafig Thankyou kindly !:)

Belvrog Thanks mate.:o:)

Mairzie Dotes Wow I'm blown away by your wonderful description.This is my Fav type of painting/drawing,where the viewer can make up their own mind what it is about and explore what is obivious and not so obvious.It's not all spelt out for you.
I use to paint these on canvas at College and first question people would ask me is....."What is it??":rolleyes:
Thankyou for your kind comments.:):):)

For today just posting some warmup quick crayon sketches.

Mairzie Dotes
09-21-2010, 07:26 PM
SCP,
YIKES ... after seeing the "bad hair day" purple creature, I think I will
cancel my appointment to get a perm and ...

I believe it's waaaaay too late to get Mange doggie his Rabies shot and ...

that green monster thing with club ready to boink someone? Please send
him somewhere else because contrary to what he's been told, I've been a
good girl today ... really I have ... really! :rolleyes: As always, just love your
unleashed imagination, much (gulp!) fun and great stuff! :)

waheednasir
09-21-2010, 07:32 PM
fantastic thread to go thru scp..:). i enjoyed the tour.

Alexandra
09-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Scott, I can't help it, I find these creatures of yours so adorable! Always a pleasure!

Docsmith626
09-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Love that butt-ugly mutt. He looks like something I'd bring home from the pound. ;)

Caesar
09-22-2010, 01:01 AM
... Your top hat continuously bring out the weirdest creatures. Your fantasy has no boundaries indeed! :D

SCP
09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Mairzie Dotes Way Too funny!!:D:D:D
Thankyou for the great read loved it!;)

waheednasir Thankyou for taking the tour,nice of you to drop by, appreciate it.:):)

Alexandra Thankyou, glad you like them and thanks for the visit.;):):)

Docsmith626 Hehehe too true,I find the bruiser looking doggies the cutest,which over people find the most offensive.:D
Thankyou for your comments!:)

Caesar Hey mate,thankyou:o You know how it is when sometimes your just inspired to create from the imagination,I'm feeling like that this week.;)

Speaking of which...sorry about this ,another Monster???! :eek: I can't help myself!:p;)
A Bird like monster that has a balding problem.

Alexandra
09-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Scott, That is one mean looking bird, I don't think I would want him to be flying over my head!:eek::o:o:D
Hey, that is absolutely terrific! I couldn't help not only admiring, but had to chuckle too as it is so funny.:D:D:D

Mairzie Dotes
09-27-2010, 10:14 PM
SCP,
OMGGGGGGGG ... it's a COELUROSAUR ... the theoretical missing link
between dinosaurs and birds, come to roost in Art Rage!!! :eek: This
artfully created evolutionary wonder is amazingly accurate, even down
to the budding teeth. Excellent piece! Love that sinister expression on
it's face. :)

Caesar
09-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Another marvel, dear SCP: a ornithousurer! :D

mannafig
09-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Another great creation Scp:):)

javier
09-28-2010, 05:43 AM
The great job you do, congratulations.:):):):):)

SCP
09-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Alexandra,Mairzie Dotes,Caesar,mannafig and javier thankyou kindly for your viewing and comments.I had a few chuckles,regarding the Creatures name and reference to bird droppings!:eek::eek::D:D:D Thanks guys!;):)

A couple of quickie One layer Oils.Hope you like them?

Mairzie Dotes
09-30-2010, 11:19 PM
A couple of quickie One layer Oils.Hope you like them?

SCP,
Both latest entries are "another world" imagines, softly dream spun with
painterly shades of beyond this worldly realm. With the second muted
pastel dimensional piece I feel as if I am a mermaid, peering up from
below while wearing rose colored glasses ... with ornate frames made of
genuine Mother of Pearl of course. So beautiful these creations are! :)

Alexandra
10-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Dear Scott, You are an outstanding artist! These are wonderful.:):):):):)

Caesar
10-01-2010, 03:42 AM
After looking the first of them more intensely, I got into a trance, where I still am ...:D

ScottF
10-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Always a pleasure to see your work SCP! Great atmosphere in the last two!

justjean
10-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Your talent and imagination is wonderful, thanks for sharing :D

SCP
10-04-2010, 08:02 PM
A Big thankyou to Mairzie Dotes, Alexandra Caesar ,ScottF and justjean for the visit and wonderful comments.:):):):):)

Now.....MONSTER TIME!:eek:;)

javier
10-04-2010, 10:45 PM
You if it is a monster,:D but his talent congratulations.:D:):):)

PD: I hope not offend.:):):)

Lima
10-05-2010, 10:33 AM
SC your work is just fantastic.

Janina
10-06-2010, 02:46 AM
wow these works are brilliant really well done

Caesar
10-06-2010, 03:46 AM
It's incredible the way You can produce a wet and plastic, really organic skin effect and give it the most appropriate consistency as well as the feeling that it adapts its shape to the movements and the stress and strains of the muscles inflating or extending underneath ...:eek:

SCP
10-06-2010, 02:28 PM
javier Thankyou and I'm not offended;):)

orianelima Appreciate your viewing and comments as always,thankyou. :)

Janina You are very kind,thankyou.:)

Caesar Mate that is a awesome thing to say,thankyou very much!!:o:)

I have started a WIP if anyone is interested link is below,thanks again.

WIP (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31353)

AT-TA
10-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Scarry, but well painted.

Mairzie Dotes
10-07-2010, 11:32 AM
SCP,
This is one's WORST gelatinous nightmares come true and sadly ...
in my favorite colors. Out from under the bed he oozes to declare
his blueishberry jelly-like presence. There are only two solutions to
render this glutinous apparition harmless ... either... 1) sleep with
your lights on all night or ... 2) wait until dawn and have a butter
knife and flaky croissants at the ready for a deliciously spreadable
monster marmalade continental breakfast ... and he's SEEDLESS
even! :eek: Ohhhhhh how I love your painterly imagines ... Well and
shiverly painted! :) :) :)

mannafig
10-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Fantastic as always dear Scp such a wonderful effect. (don't think I would ever want to see one for real though:(:rolleyes::D:p)

SCP
10-12-2010, 01:43 PM
AT-TA Thankyou;)

Mairzie Dotes You cracked me up!!
"1) sleep with
your lights on all night or ... 2) wait until dawn and have a butter
knife and flaky croissants at the ready for a deliciously spreadable
monster marmalade continental breakfast ... and he's SEEDLESS
even! :eek:"
Hahahaha:D:D:D:D:D Brilliant, thankyou.;):)

mannafig Me either lol:D,thankyou:):)

Been busy with painting Gollum (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=13117&catid=member&imageuser=5962) ( " A Character of JRR Tolkien "thread in ART Projects section)
But I still have a little Speedie to add for today.For the first time I used Felt pen and about 20mins.

screenpainter
10-12-2010, 03:45 PM
great work! fantastic imagination and exceptional skills!

Mairzie Dotes
10-15-2010, 01:09 PM
SCP,
And I definitely shall be itchy for the next twenty minutes or so
after viewing this ... this ... and I did hear on the news about the
infestation of, well ... in the New York area and and ... do you live
in Brooklin, have a wierd sense of humor and have just decided to
infect our ... up to this point "clean" (with the exception of After Nine!)
forum with a BED BUG ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: What fun, where is the Raid
well painted and ... what a creative "bugger" of an artist you are! ;) :D :)

Caesar
10-15-2010, 09:47 PM
...this frog must have tried to swallow my grandpa's dentures! :D:p
Funny addition, dear SCP!
Take care on the side You cut to split this croissant to spread butter, dear Mair ... or it'll bite You!

SCP
02-21-2012, 06:43 PM
It was a bit rude of me to not thankyou for the funny comments Caesar&Mairzie Dotes :D I always enjoyed reading them!:D:D
Also thankyou screenpainter ;):)
I really had a great time with this 2010 Digital Sketchbook,fun reading all the AR member's comments thanks everyone!:):):):):):)

gxhpainter2
02-22-2012, 05:05 AM
SCP.. love browsing thru this thread so many great creatures and monsters. and the comments are a trip!..... excellent work and great imagination and skill.:cool::cool::cool::D:D

Alexandra
02-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Scott, this little guy is in some serious need of chelating. Maybe a nice cup of dandelion tea with a spot of honey will bring him back to a balanced mood.;):D
Always so cool to view your works!!!

silvy
02-23-2012, 05:34 AM
Very funny this....... angry woodworm:rolleyes::eek::)
Great thread :D

mannafig
02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
A cracking little critter dear Scp:):)I don't think I would want to feed this guy
I'll stick to my toothless monster lol:D:D