PDA

View Full Version : mountain Cat

sandyg
01-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi all,
I tried the fur sticker tool on my mountain cat at 7% used the pencil as well, Lots of lovely wet blend used on the background, just love that wet blend tool. Soft blend used on the cat.

barnburner
01-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Great job!

sandyg
01-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Thank you for looking and your comment barnburner.
Sandyg.

Evart
01-14-2010, 06:07 PM
I commented on this in the gallery. This is an awesome creation!

pai
01-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Very great sketch and painting, Sandy. I like those fur strokes you applied. Must be a cat's day today. ;):)

EB
01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Contour hatching takes awhile but it does produce some nice effects.

mwilneff
01-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Well done sandyg.Love this big cat day.
Marty

saddy
01-14-2010, 08:02 PM
That's so neat. :) I like it.

coops
01-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Thats lovely Sandyg, you did a great job on his fur:)

paul_uk7
01-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Nice image, really like it.

Alexandra
01-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Beautiful Sandy! I still do not understand how to make fur-I need to keep playing around with the fur tools. Anyway, you have it!:)

Sketchism71
01-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Sandy, I love this! It jumps off the screen at you. It has a very interesting style all it's own that works extremely well. The blurred background along with the texture to his fur gives it a 3D feel. Almost a surreal piece. Very cool!:eek::):)

jonwood
01-15-2010, 10:07 AM
very nice indeed..

Eileen724
01-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Sandy, this is just one beautiful cat! You've done an excellent job! That fur tool has worked wonderfully for you!

sandyg
01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Thank you Evart I'm so pleased you liked it.
Thank you Pai, it took awhile but was very pleased at discovering how to
use the fur brush along with the pencil, i got the effect I was pleased with. Thank you Rage Boys for the sticker Brush and the wet blend tool in pro version, is awesome.
Thank you EB for your comment.
Thank you Marty, I'm a sucker for a cat large or small.
Glad you liked it Saddy, thank you for your comment.
Thanks Katie but the sticker gun helped even though I had to use it small.
Thank you too Paul.
Sandy I've just found out, how to finally use the sticker brush, I should read the manual, but I end up drawing something either CP or watercolour.
I tend to use wc pencils now, can control them better and use them anywhere, or painting digitally of course.
Thank you Sketch, your cat is awesome, the lighting terrific, when I uploaded mine, they ended up beside each other, thank you so much for
your comment.
Thank you Jon wood, for your comment.
Eileen thank you for looking, it took a long time, but along with the pencil I got the desired effect.
Sandyg.

SCP
01-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Very nicely done Sandy,the blured background really adds to the painting.Great fur too!;):):)

fraser_paice
01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Perfectly done... I must investigate the out of focus background technique... You have used it to great effect here.

Rob in Denver
01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Great work Sandy, you captured it 100%. Love the background as well!

Caesar
01-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Curiously You made the same choice of Sketch and You perfecly captured this magnificent predator's shape, posture and essence absolutely well! :)

sandyg
01-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks for looking and commenting SCP the background was blurred with the lovely wet blend in the artrage studio pro, well worth upgrading just for this tool.
Fraser thank you for looking in, yes the wet blend is fantastic, I'd only used it on sky before and loved it and it worked well on the background,
I wanted it blurred the cat was the main subject, I wanted him to stand out as much as possible, but to also give the colours of his habitat.
Thank you Rob, it took me awhile, I was up all night but I couldn't stop till I finished.
Yes Caesar, I couldn't believe Sketch had painted a beautiful lioness and me the mountain cat and they were side by side when I uploaded to the gallery. Thank you so much for your comment, I found an old calendar with the cat on, I wish I could have scanned it but it was too large, then I could have used it as a reference within artrage.
Sandyg.