PDA

View Full Version : Woman and Flower

Alexandra
01-13-2010, 06:44 AM
I kind of combined three people's techniques here. Peter's with the flower, Speggie's vivid faces and hair, and my outlining and painting here and there. I hope you like it.

Caesar
01-13-2010, 07:01 AM
A really nice salad (of styles I mean), dear Sandra!
We should never forget the unique power outlining has on some styles, as You masterfully showed us here!

Alexandra
01-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Cesare, I have so many favorite artists here, and you being one of them, so I say this with sincere thanks and appreciation.:)

Evart
01-13-2010, 08:29 AM
I like your ideas Sandra, you certainly come up with things we wouldn't think about. This is so colorful and lovely!

paul_uk7
01-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Excellent piece of work, really lovely colours also.

Peter Pinckney
01-13-2010, 09:27 AM
With all the references you've made ................you have missed the point Sandy..................this is YOU! YOUR CREATION and yours alone.............the credit belongs to the artist no matter where their influences come from..............in my musical career I was influenced by so many other musicians ........I arrived with my own style and you have too!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

jonwood
01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
very nice ,very colourful...

Caesar
01-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Watch! Influences may take red spots on Your skin too Sandra! :eek::(:D

Lima
01-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Very nice and well done Alexandra.

Copsmith
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Alexandra

Very nice and colorful painting. She reminds me of a woman I used to date in New Orleans. As I recall, the experience was not all bad.
Thanks for the memories

Buddy

Alexandra
01-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Evelyn, Thank you-you are the dearest-you know that, don't you?:)
Paul, I am so happy that you liked it, thank you!:)
Peter, Thank you so much! BUT, and I mean a big one, when I read your tutorial on layers and effects, it left such an impression, and I have incorporated it into so many things, and I have such a joy now having had the benefit of your teaching! I hope you know how much I appreciate it! So here's to you fine sir!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):D:):):):):)
Jon, Thanks so much! I am really enjoying your work!:)
Cesare,What ever do you mean?????:eek::D You know I am immensely flattered when you make your portraits-even though I am blushing for a week. I think-gosh-he made me look nice, and what an ego I get, it is better than going to a plastic surgeon! You make us love ya Cesare!:)
Oriane, Thank you so much!!!!!!:):):):):)

Alexandra
01-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Oh Buddy, this is just too wild!!! I almost named her something in reference to New Orleans. So this was a nice thing for you? Glad you had good memories there.:o:p:D

pai
01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
With all the references you've made ................you have missed the point Sandy..................this is YOU! YOUR CREATION and yours alone.............

and in a very unique way, great piece of art. :)

Alexandra
01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Pai, Thank you! Your comment means so much to me. I appreciate this so much!:)

coops
01-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Beautiful and imaginative painting Sandy, its lovely:)

Caesar
01-13-2010, 10:23 PM
Dearest Sandra, I just meant that You might have been probably no less charming with measles (the red spots on) should I have given a try, also because whenever You blush there's no more evidence of them! :D
Thank You for Your declaration and compliment about my portraits!;):):D
Maybe it's because I love ya all first ....:rolleyes::) and as Dante said concerning Paolo and Francesca "... amor che a nullo amato amar perdona ..."( ... love that to no loved one forgives to love ...):)

saddy
01-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Very neat. I was first, where's the woman? :D Very colorful and cheery. :)

Alexandra
01-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Thank you so much Katie and Saddy!:):):):):)

Cesare, So sorry for the misunderstanding, you are sweet to say so. Thank you kind gentleman!:D

foxytocin
01-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Sandy, I never know what I'm going to see when I open your work....your talent is so diverse! To me, this one in particular is a visual treat.....it has an elegance....

Alexandra
01-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Dear Foxy, Thank you for your generous comment. I am happy that you enjoyed it.:)

byroncallas
01-14-2010, 03:50 AM
In your borrowings you've sure made it uniquely your own. I just have to say you've been on such a creative explosion so evident in you posts. This one is lovely, thoroughly imaginative and wonderfully adventurous. Many "terrifics" from my viewing angle. :):):):)

Sketchism71
01-14-2010, 05:00 AM
With all the references you've made ................you have missed the point Sandy..................this is YOU! YOUR CREATION and yours alone.............the credit belongs to the artist no matter where their influences come from..............in my musical career I was influenced by so many other musicians ........I arrived with my own style and you have too!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

He is exactly right! That's how it happens. We are inspired by others, we learn from others and from that is a style born all to yourself. Great painting Sandra!

Gray
01-14-2010, 08:01 AM
and even were Peter wrong (Peter is never wrong) it was the line work that first made me think "woo! interesting!" I have this bad habit of reading the intro text of the post well after I've decided whether or not I like a painting, and this was no exception. I decided the line work was excellent and warranted a read of the intro. When I was digesting the painting though, never did I think anything other than ::::Alexandra:::: it wasn't until after I read your intro that I saw that you had borrowed influence from other artists here.

Do carry on, mother! I'd love to see more of this excellent line work, it's so dynamic!

Alexandra
01-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Byron, Thank you so much, how nice of you!!!!! I am so appreciative!:):):):)
BTW, When is Rosy coming on? Does she paint? I should have asked her in the chat section.
Eddie, Thank you, I have learned so much from you all! I have a ways to go as they say, but it sure is fun trying to get there! And thank you for all of the happies there!!!:):):):):):):):):)
Gray, Thank you Son! Will do!:D