PDA

View Full Version : Sunset viewed from the footpath

Khalid_ipda
01-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Sunset viewed from the footpath. Viewed from the slit-gap thatch grass and palm trees

saddy
01-13-2010, 02:06 AM
Beautiful scenery! :) I like it.

Oh, I tried to make one water painting like you advised on "how to paint water" thread, but I keep failing. Maybe I did something wrong... :confused:

paul_uk7
01-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Another beautiful painting, excellent work.:)

Khalid_ipda
01-13-2010, 02:37 AM
Thank you paul_uk7 for comment and

Thank you saddy and glad to read your comment. I think , sure you can do . Here I upload three pictures, speed painting with glitter, just to show how simple to paint water. First you paint ( trees, building, grasses etc -what do you like) after that captured same color and blend down with knife (flat knife). Then use soft knife make horizontal line to create the water ripple. Make sure when you paint the trees don't use only one color but add many colors like green+yellow, blues green (multiple green colors)..it's looks more beautiful. Thank you

saddy
01-13-2010, 02:50 AM
You welcome. Oh I try that next. :) Thank you for advise.

Greeneyes
01-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Khalid
Another beautiful one by you this makes me warm on such a chilly day here.

JimGL
01-13-2010, 03:21 AM
One thing I like most about your work is you seem to have a very confident idea on how and what to paint. I am sure it is partly experience and talent but also attitude.

Did you ever see Homer Winslow's watercolors?

coops
01-13-2010, 03:27 AM
Wonderful lighting in this one Khalid, I like it very much:)

Valerie
01-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Yet another winner Khalid. This is fantastic and I do like the lighting in this one. Oh I wish I could paint like you.

Khalid_ipda
01-13-2010, 03:54 AM
Hi, saddy. I'm glad when you come back and leaved note here. Thank you

Thank you Greeneyes, yes..warm area here and I'm glad if you can feel warm on such a chilly day.

Thank you JimGL, I agree what you said here...'experience, attitude, talent '. I used my technique based on my experiences, after tried and tried again. Actually many technique to paint water, but what I mention here is a simple technique, easy and everybody can do. About Winslow...several time I saw Homer Winslow's watercolors through National Gallery of Art website. Yes, very talented artist, (1836 - 1910).

Thank you coops for comment and thank you because your comments always motivate me .
:D:D:D

Khalid_ipda
01-13-2010, 03:58 AM
Thank you Valerie..sure you can do. You can paint more beautiful than me. I knew you are a talented artist.:D:D:D

Alexandra
01-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Khalid, The first one is a masterpiece as usual! The second tutorial for Saddy is really nice of you. I enjoyed these very much.:)

saddy
01-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Hi Khalid, again
I just don't get it what I'm doing wrong. I do like you said but I don't get the water ripple appearing... (maybe I should keep pause..?)

Khalid_ipda
01-13-2010, 04:22 AM
Thank you Alexandra. I really enjoy here when able to communicate with members through this forum and sharing knowledge, experience also give comments on work.
Thank you saddy..its OK, you can try the other time.:D:D:D

zooreka
01-13-2010, 04:22 AM
Love The Sunset Khalid... reminds me a lot of Venezuela...

Nicely treated!!!

Khalid_ipda
01-13-2010, 04:30 AM
Thank you zooreka, thank you for open my thread and comment on my work.:D:D:D